Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Taunka should have been an Allied Race, not High Mountain

High Mountain are just way too similar and weren't justified to be an Allied Race imo. They are just Tauren with bigger horns.

We should have gotten the Buffalo men instead. Lost opportunity...

Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2021-11-28 at 09:52 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    High Mountain are just way too similar and weren't justified to be an Allied Race imo.

We should have gotten the Buffalo men instead. Lost opportunity...

Honestly, no. We were more in connection with High Mountain than Taunka. On that note though, I wouldn't mind Taunka being an option.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Highmountain should've been bonus customization options for the taurens... and the lightforged draenei for the normal draenei.

As I've written it plenty of times on the forum: alliled races were a mistake. Blizzard should add more customization options to the existing races, instead of adding new races that won't even be developed further.
    They should focus on the things that are already in the game. Can't wait to NOT SEE vulpera or kul tiran in the CGI...

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Highmountain should've been bonus customization options for the taurens... and the lightforged draenei for the normal draenei.

As I've written it plenty of times on the forum: alliled races were a mistake. Blizzard should add more customization options to the existing races, instead of adding new races that won't even be developed further.
    They should focus on the things that are already in the game. Can't wait to NOT SEE vulpera or kul tiran in the CGI...
    how could they not see that? I agree, hero classes and allied races don't age well.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    u mean giving the faction that already has taurens a HD version of them is wrong? blasphemy
    seriously reskinned 'allied' bullshit races should been barber shop since day one
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If we would get Taunkas i would switch asap my race.

I always loved it back in WOTLk when my Deathrbringers Will Trinket procced and i morphed in this mighty, cool Taunka and bladestorm my enemys to the death

10+ Year Old Account

where did we see them?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

We didn't see a taunka since Wotlk. Maybe cataclysm if we are being generous.

It's the same problem with people who want ogres really. We didn't see them in Legion or BFA, why expect them to be an allied race suddenly ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    High Mountain are just way too similar and weren't justified to be an Allied Race imo. They are just Tauren with bigger horns.
    Agreed, the "Allied" races were a missed oppertunity in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, no. We were more in connection with High Mountain than Taunka. On that note though, I wouldn't mind Taunka being an option.
    We had one whole zone working with the Highmountain Tribe of tauren.

The Taun'ka were present in 3 to 4 zones during the WotLK's Horde questing experience and in Dragonblight we see Taun'ka swearing fealty to the Horde. So no, the Horde had more connection with the Taun'ka then with the Highmountain tauren.

Agreed, as should the Dark Iron have been for the dwarves, (Outlands) mag'har for the orcs, mechagnomes for the gnomes etc.

Hmm, yes and no.

For example the void elves were a mistake because they came out of the blue, and the Nightborne because they stated they wanted to protect the world so neutrality would've suited them.

But Zandalari, vulpera and Kul Tiran do make sense as would races that'd been part of their faction for decades now, but never became playable like the Stonemaul Ogres (Vanilla, Horde), Krokul draenei (TBC, Alliance), Stillpine Furbolg (TBC, Alliance) and the taun'ka (WotLK, Horde).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post

It's the same problem with people who want ogres really. We didn't see them in Legion or BFA, why expect them to be an allied race suddenly ?
    I hope we never get ogres. It's the one race I really don't see the appeal of. Who wants to play as a dumb savage brute that can't fit through doors?

Ogres are actually justified request, given that Ogres were Horde race in WC2 and until that time, they are still connected to the faction. There are still non playable ogre tribes within the Horde, they also got major development in WoD in which we've seen them as an actual advanced empire, not just dumb ass brutes they are usually depicted as.

The problem is, they are not visually appealing, so Horde got elves instead of ogres for marketing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I hope we never get ogres. It's the one race I really don't see the appeal of. Who wants to play as a dumb savage brute that can't fit through doors?
    I'd play an ogre over talking foxes anyday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Ogres are actually justified request, given that Ogres were Horde race in WC2 and until that time, they are still connected to the faction. There are still non playable ogre tribes within the Horde, they also got major development in WoD in which we've seen them as an actual advanced empire, not just dumb ass brutes they are usually depicted as.

The problem is, they are not visually appealing, so Horde got elves instead of ogres for marketing purposes.
    Blizzard would also have to shrink their size or they wouldn't fit through most doors in the game. They already had to shrink Tauren from their original bigger size. Zandalari are actually borderline too tall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Taunkas were to old, forgotten, lacked customization only Horde had any interactions with them. Highmountain were fresh and known to all.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It didnt make sense story wise. Because of when we was allowed to recuit the high mountian since they was tired to legion along with other allied races at the time wouldnt of made sense for us to recuit, 2 Alliance Allied races from legion and 1 horde from legion 1 from wrath

It should have been the Bloodtotem remnants allowing tauren warlocks. They're culturally distinct from our regular tauren and offer a class to a model variation that wasn't there. The taunka are cool, but out of the spotlight for ages and aren't too big a departure in the narrative sense from regular tauren and HM tauren are a complete fucking waste of an allied race slot that make Lightforged look like a downright inspired and worthwhile choice.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    But Zandalari, vulpera and Kul Tiran do make sense as would races that'd been part of their faction for decades now, but never became playable like the Stonemaul Ogres (Vanilla, Horde), Krokul draenei (TBC, Alliance), Stillpine Furbolg (TBC, Alliance) and the taun'ka (WotLK, Horde).
    Yeah, that what I am writing about.

It's just sad that some races don't even have their home(I am not talking about the Forsaken/Night elves) or even the leaders(who actually do something).

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    where did we see them?
    We didn't and that was the point of the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    We had one whole zone working with the Highmountain Tribe of tauren.

The Taun'ka were present in 3 to 4 zones during the WotLK's Horde questing experience and in Dragonblight we see Taun'ka swearing fealty to the Horde. So no, the Horde had more connection with the Taun'ka then with the Highmountain tauren.
    The Highmountain zone was entirely dedicated to helping the Highmountain with their problems, whereas the taun'ka were just sprinkled around those "three to four zones" in Wrath.

I don't think putting all the work you did for them together adds up to the amount of work you had with the Highmountain.

You mean like the Mag’har that were randomly ripped from another timeline 2.5 years after we left?

Allied races were a weird mix of “easy” and “fan service” that then morphed into bizarre entries like vulpera and mecha-gnomes by the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It should have been the Bloodtotem remnants allowing tauren warlocks. They're culturally distinct from our regular tauren and offer a class to a model variation that wasn't there. The taunka are cool, but out of the spotlight for ages and aren't too big a departure in the narrative sense from regular tauren and HM tauren are a complete fucking waste of an allied race slot that make Lightforged look like a downright inspired and worthwhile choice.
    I’d actually say the taunka were more diverges narratively than the HM. They’d been described sort as “elemental bullies” that survived via a more forceful approach to nature due to Northrend’s harshness. Meanwhile the HM just look different and behave exactly as other tauren.

The whole Highmountain zone should have been Taunka based, shouldn't have made up the Highmountain in the first place.