Thread: 10.0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Nice wish-list.

However, one thing that really tears this down is your single new race idea. I doubt Blizzard is going to add another neutral race like the pandaren.

Also the fact that the developers went on record to say that Shadowlands is the expansion that closes the current arc.
    They could always do like:

Blue Dragonkin and Green Dragonkin - Alliance

Red Dragonkin and Black Dragonkin - Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I wish people who had ideas and speculation would just say so instead of posting under the guise of a fake leak. Because it's cool to debate these ideas and share the excitement over some new potential development. But being posted as a "leak" has gotten really old.
    Don't think eventually seeing the Dragon Isles is unlikely, considering how much they were hinted at in BfA. And cross faction is also likely taking into account what Ion's said recently. Which is probably why they're mentioned here.
    the "leak" is just the format mate no one interprets them as truth. its just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    the "leak" is just the format mate no one interprets them as truth. its just for fun
    Yeah I know I know ... It just makes me automatically roll my eyes. I'd prefer to just debate the speculation without it, but maybe it's a "me" problem. To each their own then.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Why would they need Sylvanas' soul to regrow Teldrassil?
    It's the biggest sacrifice the current writer could ever think of!

I have no doubt in my mind that they are going to just level squish us to 50 again and put Shadowlands into Chromie Time than have us progress to level 70.

Dragonkin will never be a playable race.

The most believable part is how utterly lazy of an expansion this would be. It's so uninspired and low effort sounding that it does sound like something the current leadership would cook up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by span View Post
    • Dragon Isles continent.
    • Dragonsworn class (all 3 roles).
    • Dragonkin race.
    • Level 70 cap.
    • Cross-faction coming.
    • Zovaal nearly kills the world-soul Azeroth but he is killed before he can do so.
    • Tyrande and Elune use the soul of Sylvanas to regrow the World Tree Teldrassil. This directly leads to the Dragon Isles.
    • The story told in Age of the Dragons is about how we awake Azeroth to overthrow the void lords, it is the ending chapter of the Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands world-soul arc.
    but lvl cap is still 60 but all characters lvl is nerfed to 50 in pre patch

Some guesses with some totally useless "i'd like to have this". Dragon isles is being mentiornd a lot lately though.

Cross faction may be a thing, but only because population is dwindling and raiding guilds are now mostly moved to horde.

As for speculation goes, Azeroth may be something completely different. We know it's a titan soul, but it's titans that told us so. Plus the whole Sargeras going mad was all the Jailer's plan.

Zereth Mortis has been apparently syphoning Azerite to create all the Shadowlands. Azeroth itself has been at this point mentioned a lot of time as something more powerful than a "simple" titan. My guess is that as Zereth = keystone, and is working by channeling Azeroth's power, Azeroth itself is the most powerful source of energy of the entire universe. Reason why literally everyone in the cosmos is interested to this piece of rock floating in space - every major force (titans included) want it because it means controlling the engine of the universe and "win the war".

Maybe a long stretch but at this point anything is possibile. What i'd like os that even if we defeat the jailer, it's still too late and everything is changed forever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

They could, but I don't see Blizz actually putting in the effort to make all the armor fit (unless they retcon Dragonkin to be a reskin of, say, Draenei).

As for the "leak", they'd also have to retcon Dragonsworn to be something different since they, from I remember of the lore, are just Druids.

I'd be fine with a return of all the dragonflights, they haven't really done anything since Cata. Maybe something like a ressurected Galakrond would make for a good villain and we'd have to restore all the weakened dragonflights back to full power in order to defeat him. A simpler and more grounded story with a more known villain, throw in a world revamp and WoW might actually see better times.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You almost had me until you said it's the end of the BFA/Shadowlands arc which they've already said is 9.2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You almost had me until you said it's the end of the BFA/Shadowlands arc which they've already said is 9.2.
    We don't know if the Silithus Sword gets resolved, also we have some hints to Dragon Isle in BfA. Also some of the problems we took over BfA may not get resolved in 9.2 (Night Elf Renewal, Forsaken leadership, Vol'jin Loa)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Just like... Huojin Pandaren for the Horde, and Tushui Pandaren for the Alliance? In other words... just like the Pandaren? "Skin color" is not exactly a big separator, here. Especially since the dragonflights don't exactly support specific factions. At best you could make an argument for the blue dragonflight because of Kalecgos' relationship with Jaina.

Sylvanas sacrificed for a new world tree? Danuser would never sacrifice her.. fake as hell

Quote Originally Posted by span View Post
    • Dragon Isles continent.
    • Dragonsworn class (all 3 roles).
    • Dragonkin race.
    • Level 70 cap.
    • Cross-faction coming.
    • Zovaal nearly kills the world-soul Azeroth but he is killed before he can do so.
    • Tyrande and Elune use the soul of Sylvanas to regrow the World Tree Teldrassil. This directly leads to the Dragon Isles.
    • The story told in Age of the Dragons is about how we awake Azeroth to overthrow the void lords, it is the ending chapter of the Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands world-soul arc.
    When people say that wow is at it's low point, and it can't get worse.. I read threads like this, and think to myself, "yes... yes, it can!"

No housing, and I am not coming back. And I care not that you don't care if I come back, so don't comment on that. This is about the leak, not my opinions. Have a nice day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How’d we actually play as one is a good question. I doubt it very very much.
    Dragons can shapeshift, so the easy implementation (if Blizzard doesn't want to invest the time and money into creating a new player race with animations) would be to just make "Dragon" be a class. You pick whichever playable race you want and that your Dragon's default form, like Worgen. And then you can press a button to shapeshift into a dragon form, like Worgen and Druids.

Being able to play as an actual, four legged Dragonspawn would be really cool, though. Really wish we would get non-bipedal races in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I’m all for races like the Dragonkin, Mogu, Sethrak, Saberon, etc but both Blizz and the players would have to accept old transmog wouldn’t and shouldn’t work.
    As seen with FFXIV's Hrothgar and Viera which can't wear hats and you don't see huge backlash, yes people would tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Why would we want to awake Azeroth? Azeroth (the titan) is a baby titan inside the planet. Planet that's serving like an egg for the titan baby; and it's going to be far from intact if we go and make the baby crack it apart to be born. If beings on the planet want to commit mass suicide, then awaking Azeroth seems like a legitimate way to go. We could also free Sargeras and ask him to cleave the planet while we're on it.
    Argus awakened and his planet didn't explode when he did so.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd be fine with a return of all the dragonflights, they haven't really done anything since Cata.
    The dragon subplot dominated the first half of Warcraft's history, from Vanilla through the end of Cata. Their story has been done and told. There is no need to contrive a reason for them to takeover the narrative again.

Maybe something like a ressurected Galakrond would make for a good villain
    It would probably not do to have ANOTHER evil, fat dragon as the big bad of an expansion. Before the Janitor was introduced, Deathwing was the least popular expansion big bad, with his only saving grace being his character design (and also because Deathwing hardly has any screentime and the plot didn't revolve around him, so most people forgot his terrible dialogue and voice acting, whereas Zovaal is waved around in your face).

and we'd have to restore all the weakened dragonflights back to full power in order to defeat him.
    And undo yet another sacrifice? It'd be just as bad as the "oh, demons only die for real in the twisting Nether! The night elves' sacrifice at the end of WC3 didn't count!" retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    A simpler and more grounded story with a more known villain
    Galakrond is known? That is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Mind as well create brand new villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Just like... Huojin Pandaren for the Horde, and Tushui Pandaren for the Alliance? In other words... just like the Pandaren? "Skin color" is not exactly a big separator, here. Especially since the dragonflights don't exactly support specific factions. At best you could make an argument for the blue dragonflight because of Kalecgos' relationship with Jaina.
    The genie has been out of the bottle since Blood Elves were made playable (reminder: 99% of Belves were wiped out by the Scourge. If you play as a Belf, you are the 1% that survived, and you are the 1% of the 1% as you have decided to become an adventurer for the Horde, when a huge swath of the survivors still support the Alliance). Same with playable Pandaren. If you look by player numbers, it seems like the Horde is made up of thousands and thousands of Belves and Pandas, but in lore only a small handful actually do.

Same with dragons. You would be playing as the 1% of dragons that are really unusually and - for whatever reason - decided to join a faction. In gameplay you'd see hundreds of dragon players jumping around, but in lore there would only be like 1 or 2 at best.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-11-28 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    No housing, and I am not coming back. And I care not that you don't care if I come back, so don't comment on that. This is about the leak, not my opinions. Have a nice day :P
    ATVI Blizzard, one of the most greedy multibillion dollar video game empires, FOR SURE care if you dont come back, when they not do housing. i bet FOR SURE Blizzard coward in front of your fulmination. indeed FOR SURE they at the moment work 24/7 as hard as they can, designing and develop housing, since they read your post. 100% FOR SURE !!!

in short: i dont think that your post should about, if „we“ care. you should better think about, if „Blizz“ care.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The genie has been out of the bottle since Blood Elves were made playable (reminder: 99% of Belves were wiped out by the Scourge. If you play as a Belf, you are the 1% that survived, and you are the 1% of the 1% as you have decided to become an adventurer for the Horde, when a huge swath of the survivors still support the Alliance). Same with playable Pandaren. If you look by player numbers, it seems like the Horde is made up of thousands and thousands of Belves and Pandas, but in lore only a small handful actually do.

Same with dragons. You would be playing as the 1% of dragons that are really unusually and - for whatever reason - decided to join a faction. In gameplay you'd see hundreds of dragon players jumping around, but in lore there would only be like 1 or 2 at best.
    That's not the point. That's nowhere near the point.

I was talking about how Blizzard said that they don't like how the pandaren turned out, and from everything I've read, I find it highly unlikely Blizzard would ever do another "shared race" again.