Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    To me, that looks like he went from Horde to Alliance, doesn't represent factionless.
    This. It more closely represents horde leadership.

  2. #22
    What about Bfa paragon box ?

  3. #23
    Thankfully finished most of the grind back in Legion, then got the remaining 2 mounts in BFA when Blizzard introduced a 100% rep buff to Legion and BFA factions for 2 months so people could catch up on allied races.

    Nowadays it's apparently most efficient to have a level 45 character use this item that gives +200% rep with Legion factions before using all your order hall rep tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  4. #24
    only took what 6 years?

  5. #25
    so the added bad luck protection just shows how bad they are at communicating. the change is good, don't get me wrong. but if they can't even tell us when something like this is being added in a patch, then how can skeptical players who have been burned numerous times ever trust them again?

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    4,485
    I echo the sentiment about the DoubleAgent card.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I opened 77 boxes to get the Valajar mount back in the day
    I got that one first box, same with Farondis. Got a moose practically every other. Didn't get the Nightfallen rug till last raid in BFA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so the added bad luck protection just shows how bad they are at communicating. the change is good, don't get me wrong. but if they can't even tell us when something like this is being added in a patch, then how can skeptical players who have been burned numerous times ever trust them again?
    Go to wowpedia. Search 'undocumented changes.' Look at the things Blizzard hasn't told us about patches going back to vanilla. They never tell us everything, or even most, of what's going on. It's not a matter of trust. It's a matter of 'figure it out yourself or get told on the playground by your friends.'
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    10000000% agree. They are fucking god awful. I remember when I FINALLY got my Suramar paragon mount I wasn't happy because I got the mount, I was happy that my seemingly eternal torment was finally fucking over. Does that seem like the sort of reaction someone should have towards the content you've designed?

    They need to apply this boost to all paragon caches and just never make them a thing again.
    Based on that reaction you'd have the same effect just hitting Exalted. Paragon boxes are decent in that they give an incentive to still do content and I have no issues with them. The only thing I would suggest is add a stacking protection on them at the start. Giving more reasons to do content is never a bad thing. If you feel that it's that bad then why even bother with it? Why do something that you despise? The pixels can't be worth that much to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    Well I opened 2 caches for hitting the rep bar and got neither a toy or a mount from the ones listed above, so this must have been a glitch, or the reward was set for that day and opening multi of the same cache resulted in the same daily reward.
    You are missing a few points. They said it's retroactive so if the person opened up 20 boxes then they should be getting the items without issue. I know I farmed a bunch in Legion and little in BFA. Went and did two and immediately got the items about a hour ago. So something is in effect boosting it. Could it be coincidence? Sure, but with as many people seeing the benefit I doubt that.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Giving more reasons to do content is never a bad thing.
    And yet the paragon boxes turned out to be a very bad thing.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    And yet the paragon boxes turned out to be a very bad thing.
    Says who though? You? Your collective friends? There is zero data available to the public that would suggest it was a bad thing. I'd even argue and say that Blizzard found it to be a positive thing based on how many players participate in it. Remember, just because you or a collective group you know dislikes something doesn't mean that the overall population agrees, same goes for the opposite.

  11. #31
    I dislike not having paragon boxes with collectibles attached to reputations. It gives reason to continue grinding rep after hitting exalted, which I consider a good thing.

    What I don't agree with is making those collectibles 1/33 drop chance. That's too low at 10K/box.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Says who though? You? Your collective friends? There is zero data available to the public that would suggest it was a bad thing. I'd even argue and say that Blizzard found it to be a positive thing based on how many players participate in it. Remember, just because you or a collective group you know dislikes something doesn't mean that the overall population agrees, same goes for the opposite.
    Yes i say so. All that matters to what i think is good is what i think of it. Paragon boxes would have been fine if they didn't have the mounts that should have been on a vendor in them. Seeing as Blizzard stopped doing that in BfA (for the most part) i'd say they agree.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Says who though? You? Your collective friends? There is zero data available to the public that would suggest it was a bad thing. I'd even argue and say that Blizzard found it to be a positive thing based on how many players participate in it. Remember, just because you or a collective group you know dislikes something doesn't mean that the overall population agrees, same goes for the opposite.
    Obviously my case will serve as anecdotal evidence, but on the other hand, i cannot fathom my case being unique.

    Because of paragon boxes in Legion i have quit WoW during Tomb of Sargeras patch. Me being a 12year long player, with 3 active accounts, paying by credit card and not gold.

    Their tactic to keep paragon box rewards without bad luck protection burned me out. I felt like WoW had turned to a gambling game, needing copious amounts of time spent for chances at rewards, instead of rewarding time and effort spent.

    This change, being done now, shows how shortsighted is the direction of this game for years now.

    Oh, before judging me commenting on a game i have quit 4.5 years ago, i still visit the site for the forums. This front page post obviously triggered me.
    /spit@Blizzard

  14. #34
    How about fixing the Korthian tokens for weapons ? I've spend well over 25k stygia, and I'm still in need of a 1H for my FROST DK.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Obviously my case will serve as anecdotal evidence, but on the other hand, i cannot fathom my case being unique.

    Because of paragon boxes in Legion i have quit WoW during Tomb of Sargeras patch. Me being a 12year long player, with 3 active accounts, paying by credit card and not gold.

    Their tactic to keep paragon box rewards without bad luck protection burned me out. I felt like WoW had turned to a gambling game, needing copious amounts of time spent for chances at rewards, instead of rewarding time and effort spent.

    This change, being done now, shows how shortsighted is the direction of this game for years now.

    Oh, before judging me commenting on a game i have quit 4.5 years ago, i still visit the site for the forums. This front page post obviously triggered me.
    You quit because of paragon boxes? lol

    And you are still hanging around mmoc. Damn wow did a number on you, shouldn't let a video game get you that emotional.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Yes i say so. All that matters to what i think is good is what i think of it. Paragon boxes would have been fine if they didn't have the mounts that should have been on a vendor in them. Seeing as Blizzard stopped doing that in BfA (for the most part) i'd say they agree.
    Considering Shadowlands Paragon boxes can contain mounts, pets and toys, they didn't stop at all, they made multiple colored mounts for each covenant.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Says who though? You? Your collective friends? There is zero data available to the public that would suggest it was a bad thing. I'd even argue and say that Blizzard found it to be a positive thing based on how many players participate in it. Remember, just because you or a collective group you know dislikes something doesn't mean that the overall population agrees, same goes for the opposite.
    Also me and everyone from the collective group I know who hate endless grinds for rng boxes, although it's good they didn't release them as micro transaction boxes like those in many trash games.

    The only thing these type of rewards made me do is NOT play, since I can't be lured into grinds for a chance to maybe get something, but maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  18. #38
    I opened close to 350 paragon boxes for the Griffon one. It was terrible, glad like everything else the firstcomers get screwed by Blizz.

  19. #39
    given how awfully tedious some reps are recently, i rarely bother going actively after the paragon boxes because i'm burned out on that faction by the time i hit exalted

    agreeing on the double agent art

  20. #40
    I thought Blizzard weren't naming ingame characters and items after real life people anymore? Or does that only apply to people Tweeter doesn't like?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •