Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion Paragon Boxes Bad Luck Protection System, Double Agent Hearthstone Card

Legion Paragon Boxes Bad Luck Protection System
    Reddit user kr3b5 has stocked up on Legion Reputation Tokens and used them in Patch 9.1.5 with the combined 27% reputation buff from Pilgrim's Bounty and WoW's 17th Anniversary, in order to get several Paragon Boxes.

Opening these boxes rewarded him with the paragon mounts and toy that he needed to complete the collection, however a few more showed up in the mailbox.

Legion Paragon Boxes - Rewards

Judging by the number of rewards that dropped and the fact that they were guaranteed drops from further opening more paragon boxes, it is very likely that Blizzard stealthily introduced a bad luck protection system to Legion Paragon Boxes in Patch 9.1.5.

Please note that nothing is 100% confirmed yet, hopefully Blizzard shares more about this potential change soon.

Double Agent Hearthstone Card
    Doubleagent, the famous factionless pandaren is getting his own Hearthstone card in the new Fractured in Alterac Valley Expansion.

To learn more about the Fractured in Alterac Valley Expansion that will release on December 7th, check out HearthPwn!

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-11-30 at 12:55 PM.

Well I opened 2 caches for hitting the rep bar and got neither a toy or a mount from the ones listed above, so this must have been a glitch, or the reward was set for that day and opening multi of the same cache resulted in the same daily reward.

"Doubleagent, the famous factionless pandaren is getting his own Hearthstone card in the new Fractured in Alterac Valley Expansion." With a big alliance banner on his chest, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    "Doubleagent, the famous factionless pandaren is getting his own Hearthstone card in the new Fractured in Alterac Valley Expansion." With a big alliance banner on his chest, right.
    You do notice he's also wearing a horde tabard over it that he's ripping off, hence 'double agent'

Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    You do notice he's also wearing a horde tabard over it that he's ripping off, hence 'double agent'
    To me, that looks like he went from Horde to Alliance, doesn't represent factionless.

To me, that looks like he went from Horde to Alliance, doesn't represent factionless.
    If he's a double agent it would make sense for him to wear a tabard for either side to pretend to be friendly toward them, doesn't mean he isn't factionless either.

I opened 77 boxes to get the Valajar mount back in the day

It's a more literal interpretation of the term double agent:

"an agent who pretends to act as a spy for one country or organization while in fact acting on behalf of an enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I opened 77 boxes to get the Valajar mount back in the day
    Nice I haven't gotten any of the cache mounts yet, wish they woulda done some more research before posting this... cause got me excited for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

From scoping that guys reddit sounds like it was an error and already fixed, only a lucky few got to exploit it.

Why the actual bejesus wasn't this in from the start? The paragon system is the worst crap they ever added. Shouldn't have taken them this long to fix it

The paragon mounts should have always been tied to an achievement: "Open 10 <Faction> Paragon Caches" and you're guaranteed the mount.

Definitely real, just got all 3 mounts and the toy from Army box and I've opened a ton previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I obtained all Legion paragon rewards prior to BfA's release, and the last one had been the Valarjar paragon mount. When I got it, I had at least thirteen characters with the Paragon of the Broken Isles achievement at that point. Let that sink in.

Paragon rewards should never have been added to the game. Max out a faction reputation and be done with it, like it was prior to Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I opened 2 caches for hitting the rep bar and got neither a toy or a mount from the ones listed above, so this must have been a glitch, or the reward was set for that day and opening multi of the same cache resulted in the same daily reward.
    Did you even read the explanation? The bad luck protection ramps up. It's not automatically "100% bad luck protection" on the very first cache you open.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I believe that bad luck protection also was extended to BFA paragon rep boxes. I farmed those Horde toys for months and months with no luck, and then last week, I suddenly got both Voldunai toys and the Zuldazar toy all within two days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Opening two would only increase the chance by like 10%, based on what they've said?

Nothing is random at Blizzard

What Blizzard does for all their games is using a loot stream system. Each box has multiple loot streams, and the rewards are all liner in that stream.

For example:

Stream 1 = 1234567890 etc
    Stream 2 = 2345678901 etc
    Stream 3 = 3456544180 etc

You land on a Stream and every box you open follows the same order on that Stream. So if you land on Stream 3, you get rewards 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, etc. If I also land on Stream 3, I get the same rewards on the same order. All rewards are predefined. This is how they can guarantee the drop rate.

This system is used in many games that are free to play.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any bad luck protection for Pandaria world bosses? No? Ok, I'll see myself out..

Fingers crossed that Doubleagent had an influence on the card art.. because if I was them I'd be upset since the card art tribute goes against the project they put so many hours into.

Love that they're doing a nice community shoutout, but should be a neutral Panda rather than one seemingly revealing he's been Alliance all along.