Can we add Tinker to forbidden topics

Serious Suggestion. Certain People spam every thread they can with this Tinker class idea and derailing the thread to the point of no return. Right now we have 4 threads on General Discussion that has been high jacked in the past week by this. Seems to be an ongoing issue. Can we just add Tinker class idea to the forbidden topics

As annoying as it is by that logic we might as well put "wow is bad" and "Blizzard is the antichrist" into that..

Also before it was Tinker, Demon Hunter was the big "Going to be the next class" topic and look where that ended up.

I'm sorry but i think the people who come into every thread to say how they dislike Tinker are way more annoying.
    There are actually no Tinker threads. They are speculation threads and these people just have a beef with Teriz and go after him on every thread which is both a bait and troll. Even when Teriz is not even talking about Tinkers.
    Everyone gets annoyed cause we want to talk about the topic not how the same people disagree with Teriz and Tinkers and need to drag it in front of everyone in every thread that loosely mentions it. But if anyone mentions Tinkers here comes the hate troupe to bait and derail the thread.
    This is the only WoW forum where this happens cause it's allowed to happen.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-27 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I'm sorry but i think the people who come into every thread to say how they dislike Tinker are way more annoying.
    There are actually no Tinker threads. They are speculation threads and these people just have a beef with Teriz and go after him on every thread which is both a bait and troll. Even when Teriz is not even talking about Tinkers.
    Everyone gets annoyed cause we want to talk about the topic not how the same people disagree with Teriz and Tinkers and need to drag it in front of everyone in every thread.
    This is the only WoW forum where this happens cause it's allowed to happen.
    I actually agree. That recent blow up in 9.0/10.0 discussion started from this line of posts;

(responding to no one)
    Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    What other Tinker clues are there?
    (responding to uzira)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    1. Heavily teased in BFA (alongside Dragon Isles).
    2. Long running connections between Goblins and Deathwing.
    3. Steelscale Incinerator (2020), Timeless Mechanical Dragonling (2021)
    (responding to me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    So basically as much foreshadowing as every other unplayable vocation mentioned in in this franchise
    (responding to Ersula)
    Well in Vanilla we fought DKs in Naxx. Two expansions later, we got Death Knights. In WotLK we got a Pandaren Monk pet with a letter from Chen Stormstout. Two expansions later we got Pandaren monks. In MoP we got Warlocks getting an armor set that resembled Illidan, and a Glyph called Glyph of Demon Hunting. Two expansions later we got Demon Hunters.

In BFA we got teams of Goblins and Gnomes in the island expeditions who were using Gazlowe’s tinker abilities from HotS. These abilities were structured like class abilities with level requirements and power progression. No other expedition team had abilities like this. Also such abilities are unheard of among NPCs abilities.

The second expansion after BFA is the next expansion….
    And then we're off to the races, because then we had 4 other posters (not Ersula or Uzira) proceed to go after me for that observation. So the question is if someone has a legitimate question about the concept, are we not supposed to answer that question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    As annoying as it is by that logic we might as well put "wow is bad" and "Blizzard is the antichrist" into that..
    They should be added too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    That should be added as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather we didn't add things like Tinker to the forbidden topic list. Whether or not it ever actually happens, it is a legit thing that could happen during the next WoW expansion...so banning it feels wrong. I see no reason to ban discussion on world revamps or the Dragon Isles or Necromancers or the like, so why this specific class possibility?

Oh god yes. Every single thread "Well what about tinker" for gods sake please stop.

Yes, please. And add to that "WoW is dead", anything about flying/no flying (because it's the same argument people have been having since BC), and anything - anything - asked by a poultry percussionist.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Oh god yes. Every single thread "Well what about tinker" for gods sake please stop.
    But that is literally not happening on any conceivable level....

Nice try suppressing the Tinker hype.

What does it matter? Just ignore those threads, tinker is not happening. If anything, they're going to delete classes.

I don't see the point to forbid any type of thread, you can simply just not visit them. If they make multiple threads about the same topic then simply merge them.

Honestly the people who hate tinkers are more annoying than the people who talk about them. There's some value to talking about a potential future class, but there's no value in a bunch of crybabies negging on anything vaguely related to the concept.

And no, this isn't coming from a tinker fan, if tinker comes out I probably wouldn't even resub to try it. I just want people who want a tech class to have their fantasy fulfilled because it's a weird hole in a game full of all different themes and styles.

But that is literally not happening on any conceivable level....
    5 active threads on the general forums have had that happen in the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    That should be added as well
    Toss player housing into that pile too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    5 active threads on the general forums have had that happen in the past week.
    There's 20 threads on the front page, so 5 threads where a post talks about a Tinker is hardly "Every single thread".

Additionally what 5 threads were "hijacked"? A thread speculating about future expansions would naturally veer into a topic of potential future classes like the Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not going to ban a topic many people seemingly want to talk about just because it is contentious and other people don't. That kind of thing could easily apply to a huge breadth of topics (flying, player housing, m+, etc). All I can suggest is that if you don't care, maybe find another thread to post in that fits your interests better. If particular people bringing up the topic bother you, I would recommend using the ignore feature.

That said, of course we don't want irrelevant discussions derailing threads it doesn't belong in, nor do we want a bunch of duplicate threads all discussing the same thing. So please if people are hijacking threads with discussion where it isn't relevant, please report them. Likewise, if you see multiple threads where tinkers are the primary topic, please report them so some can be closed and conversation funneled into one thread. We can handle a single topic overtaking other conversations where it doesn't belong in that regard.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |