Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Eh, Wotlk Vrykul yeah, but the Tideskorn are under new Management.
    Wotlk Vrykul have been hostile towards everyone, we learned there, that human babies weren't ....liked... very much as it was an downgrade. Nothing new has been said about this with Stormheim ones, nor do they have any other connection to humans besides that one. They could still feel like that towards human, the Legion was a huge distraction and everyone needed to focus on a single threat. I believe there was even a bit where they just traveled the sea to escape. Not that it would be hard to implement 6 quest to bring in a new tribe or bring them together. Next to that, we have their whole nature being barbaric and honorable that seems a a lot more fitting with orcs and such. Maybe that's just me.

What ever they do with them, it's up in the air, but take a look at the Nightborne. They also didn't go to their obvious elven allies and Vrykul could end up in the same way, we just don't know. I am just glad that the height argument is completely pointless nowadays.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-15 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Wotlk Vrykul have been hostile towards everyone, we learned there, that human babies weren't ....liked... very much as it was an downgrade. Nothing new has been said about this with Stormheim ones, nor do they have any other connection to humans besides that one. They could still feel like that towards human, the Legion was a huge distraction and everyone needed to focus on a single threat. I believe there was even a bit where they just traveled the sea to escape. Not that it would be hard to implement 6 quest to bring in a new tribe or bring them together. Next to that, we have their whole nature being barbaric and honorable that seems a a lot more fitting with orcs and such. Maybe that's just me.

What ever they do with them, it's up in the air, but take a look at the Nightborne. They also didn't go to their obvious elven allies and Vrykul could end up in the same way, we just don't know. I am just glad that the height argument is completely pointless nowadays.
    Sigryn, their new queen after Legion, strikes me as a much more Alliance-leaning figure. If Horde were to get a big race I'd rather ogres or mok'nathal.
    Twas brillig

Vrykul are disgusted of humans and have a very brute but honorable nature. That alone screams orcs and horde.The connection to humans isnt saying anything. Just like nightborne didnt go to the obvious night elves.

Both should be horde imo.
    It depends on what Vrykul clan we are talking about. Northrend vrykul would fit more into the Horde indeed, while Valarjar would most likely favor Alliance, because of Sylvanas and Horde trying to enslave Eyir.

So I'd say both faction have a fair chance at getting vrykul. I'd prefer them within the Alliance, simply because it provides more interesting interactions. It brings some new element to the Alliance, same as blood elves did to the Horde back in TBC.

On the other hand, ogres or mok'nathal is what Horde definitely should get.

I am just glad that the height argument is completely pointless nowadays.
    Is it, though ? You want to play vrykuls as tall as taurens and zandalari ? Just slightly taller than KT humans ?

I don't see vrykul being playable at all. They have their own shits going on and don't have any interests in the two factions business.
    Making them Horde is especially counterintuitive because they are just tall humans.

Just give the Horde ogres, gilgoblins, hozen and taunka. That would be more than enough.

Why do people keep talking about Allied races? That was a BFA thing. Blizzard doesn't redo expansions features so all of this is pointless.

They and the Yaungol would make great additions.
    taunka would be nice but i would LOVE yaungol and given their history and lore around ordos they could probably be mages too, which would be nice
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-15 at 07:53 AM.

Sigryn, their new queen after Legion, strikes me as a much more Alliance-leaning figure.
    Lets sum her up

Fel tainted, prone to temper tantrums, "apologizing" after wrecking stuff and slaughtering a bunch of people.

She pretty much behaves, like your general orc, but then again blizz doesn't really have a lot of character templates.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Is it, though ? You want to play vrykuls as tall as taurens and zandalari ? Just slightly taller than KT humans ?

I don't see vrykul being playable at all. They have their own shits going on and don't have any interests in the two factions business.
    Making them Horde is especially counterintuitive because they are just tall humans.

Just give the Horde ogres, gilgoblins, hozen and taunka. That would be more than enough.
    There are differnt sized Vrykul all over stormheim, its a non argument. I also like the vrykul animations alot more then say kul tiran or humans. Ye " tall humans" I mean I get it, but this argument is from 2008. Much has changed and we got fat humans and people now want skinny humans. Those tall humans are funny enough the most unique out of the 3, with having no shared animations and rich lore. Compared to skinny humans who use undead female animations and have no lore at all. Its hard to take these argument serious these days when we know allied races happened.

No ty to gilgoblins.. we already have vulpera and goblins using that model. Taunka should be a costumization options for tauren and hozen.. well nonone wants to play hozen. Orges, Tuskar and Vrykul is where its at.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigryn, their new queen after Legion, strikes me as a much more Alliance-leaning figure. If Horde were to get a big race I'd rather ogres or mok'nathal.
    I missed that part were it would strike alliance more, but to each and their own. I just dont find it a logical choice at all. Ogres are a must by now for horde, but introducing yet another human like race to the alliance seems like overkill. I rather would see vrykul or sindicate to the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    It depends on what Vrykul clan we are talking about. Northrend vrykul would fit more into the Horde indeed, while Valarjar would most likely favor Alliance, because of Sylvanas and Horde trying to enslave Eyir.

So I'd say both faction have a fair chance at getting vrykul. I'd prefer them within the Alliance, simply because it provides more interesting interactions. It brings some new element to the Alliance, same as blood elves did to the Horde back in TBC.

On the other hand, ogres or mok'nathal is what Horde definitely should get.
    The only way vrykul of northrend work is what we already have of from stormheim vrykul. Some vrykul left and took boats. Most vrykul in northrend are hostile towards everyone, so if vrykul become playable they are likely from that group. So stormheim. Not to say its not hard to introduce new clans.

Both have no connection to them, but from what we know and nothing is retconned or changed and that their whole story about human babies and how they are weak in their eyes. So no matter what sigryn stands for.. there is no canon awnser that this view has changed. Hence i look at their nature and that seems more fitting with a outcast family such as the horde.

But ye.. argument can be made for both, but Like I said they could end up like the nightborne.. meaning their o so logical human lords arent so obvious. We will see.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-15 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The problem is that largest group of forest trolls are Amani, which will never join the Horde because of blood elves.
    I mean by all accounts the Zandalar and Pandaran shouldn't be together either but here we are

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    taunka would be nice but i would LOVE yaungol and given their history and lore around ordos they could probably be mages too, which would be nice
    To be fair.. taunka, youngol and high mountain could all be semi options for tauren. Same with lightforged and regular dreanei. Make it a seperate option in costumization options by either choose tribe or something like that.

They are all to simmilar to warrant their own seperate race option. Never ubderstood why they went for this with highmountain and tauren.. they are just to much the same besides some antlers. Same csn be said about orc and their new skin colors.

At this point I dont see why they cant unlock more class/race-options.
    If my gnome priest can slap down death itself and titans, it sure as hell wont be more lore-bending letting him be a paladin lol

Whatever the future races end up being though, I hope we see more body-variations. Zandalari, gnomes, goblins, vulperas and even tauren has a more balanced body than humans

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    At this point I dont see why they cant unlock more class/race-options.
    If my gnome priest can slap down death itself and titans, it sure as hell wont be more lore-bending letting him be a paladin lol

Whatever the future races end up being though, I hope we see more body-variations. Zandalari, gnomes, goblins, vulperas and even tauren has a more balanced body than humans
    Yes to all this. More customization and more class/race options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean by all accounts the Zandalar and Pandaran shouldn't be together either but here we are
    They were able to bring Zandalari by blaming their attacks on Zul and his followers. Seems a little more complicated for Amani, since all of them hate the blood elves.

And then again, we already have a tribe of troll forest allied to the Horde.

To be fair.. taunka, youngol and high mountain could all be semi options for tauren. Same with lightforged and regular dreanei. Make it a seperate option in costumization options by either choose tribe or something like that.

They are all to simmilar to warrant their own seperate race option. Never ubderstood why they went for this with highmountain and tauren.. they are just to much the same besides some antlers. Same csn be said about orc and their new skin colors.
    i wouldnt have problem with that, and yeah, they should add similar as a customisation and rather add completely new races - hell im waiting for ogres since vanila - or at least different enough, like kultirans are

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Lets sum her up

Fel tainted, prone to temper tantrums, "apologizing" after wrecking stuff and slaughtering a bunch of people.

She pretty much behaves, like your general orc, but then again blizz doesn't really have a lot of character templates.
    You're laying out why she'd be superflous to the Horde. Moreover she's working for Odyn despite him having killed her mom via assassins, "For the Greater Good" something no Horde member would ever do.
    Twas brillig

You're laying out why she'd be superflous to the Horde. Moreover she's working for Odyn despite him having killed her mom via assassins, "For the Greater Good" something no Horde member would ever do.
    Lor'themar does it all the time.

Sigryn is a barely fleshed out character, with the personality of a cardboard, the points I mentioned are 90% of her entire character, which tells you more about blizz writing skills than anything else.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-01-15 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    which would make absolutely no sense lorewise...
    Not with how the lore ended up being written, but in an alternate plot, the Krokul could have willingly (or forcibly) been Lightforged partway along the Argus storyline. It would foreshadow what Xe'ra plans for Illidan later on. Then, it could be these Krokul, Lightforged or not depending on player customization, that end up joining the Alliance. The Lightforged Krokul could look like something straight out of Starcraft.

Last edited by shoc; 2022-01-15 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    San'layn, fine..

But Vrykul have Alliance written all over it.
    I had the same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Lor'themar does it all the time.

Sigryn is a barely fleshed out character, with the personality of a cardboard, the points I mentioned are 90% of her entire character, which tells you more about blizz writing skills than anything else.
    What it boils down to is that Vrykul are popular but hard to execute because visually they're just big humans and it'd be hard to put them on just one faction without upsetting the othee

Similar issue there to Sethrak, and to a lesser extent ethereals and arakkoa, because they're desired by both factions
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    San'layn, fine..

But Vrykul have Alliance written all over it.
    You don't even have to go the Sigrun route (which should have brought Vrykul as an Allied Race in Legion)

The lore already established that the first Knights of the Silver Hand were Vrykul that Tyr brought from Northrend. We can rediscover these Vrykul Paladin and have them rejoin their Human progeny in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    You don't even have to go the Sigrun route (which should have brought Vrykul as an Allied Race in Legion)

The lore already established that the first Knights of the Silver Hand were Vrykul that Tyr brought from Northrend. We can rediscover these Vrykul Paladin and have them rejoin their Human progeny in the Alliance.
    You're confusing the Tyr's Guard with the Silver Hand. The Vrykul did not found the Silver Hand, nor were they paladins. The Vrykul that guarded Tyr's grave were called the Tyr's Guard, and they were not originally paladins. In fact they probably didn't use the Light at all.

The Tyr's Guard adopted paladins after the Silver Hand was founded during the Second War well after the vrykul members died out, and that was when they learnt how to wield the Holy Light.

"For thousands of years, Tyr's Guard continued its sacred duty. New members came and went, and over time they adopted more techniques to help them protect Tyr's tomb. In particular, the defenders felt an affinity toward paladins, holy warriors who arose to battle the orcish Horde in the Second War.

The members of Tyr's Guard learned how to wield the Holy Light, and they became mighty paladins"

Libram of Ancient Kings, part eleven.