Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The problem is that largest group of forest trolls are Amani, which will never join the Horde because of blood elves.
    LOL at the Blood Elves teaming up with the Amani against the Alliance because "BUT GARITHOS!!..,.

My Vote goes to

GNOLLS FOR ALLIANCE!!!

It sounds ridiculous but it actually could make a lot of sense in lore. Alliance have tried to control their numbers but can't - Best next solution is to buy off and aid one of their leaders to be dominant over the other tribes and get some control. It'd give some ambiguity to the Alliance too if they basically have a cannon-fodder race.

I wrote a whole thread here a while ago on why this actually would work and make sense -
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...liance-please!

Why would they join the Alliance?
    Gnolls, like Goblins and Ogres, have been working with humans since vanilla. We've seen them working with the Defias, Dark Moon Faire, the Bloodsail Pirates, the Twilight Hammer, and the Venture Mining Company. It's not unrealistic that they could work with Alliance if it helps their numbers. They're pack animals and will do what it takes to be the strongest. Being an ally of Stormwind would make their clan the dominant Gnoll tribe in the whole EK. Maybe the race recruitment quests could be the player (discretely) helping the leader of one smaller tribe kill the leaders of the other tribes so he can lead them all together. Because of the tribal nature of them, you wouldn't need to change anything with all of the hostile Gnolls already in the world.

Why would the Alliance want them?
    Numbers and control. Alliance have always had trouble with them and their numbers no matter what they do. Trying to guide them as allies might be a better idea. Also, the sheer numbers and ferocity behind the race would be an obvious strength against the Horde.

Other points -
    • Granted it would be more work than normal Allied races, but Gnolls massively need a huge model update anyway. Why not add all the different feature options to allow them to be a playable race at the same time
    • We've seen them using Shamanistic magics before so more classes would be open to them
    • They're humanoid so won't have any issues wearing all of the armour
    • Adds a proper "warrior race" that the Alliance is really lacking.
    • Tied to the Alliance and EK since Vanilla
    • Huge amounts of lore behind them already
    • Hyenas are matriarchal so Bliz could have another strong female leader #diversity
    • Because of the above point, you could make the females slightly larger and more ferocious instead rather than sexing them up.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    What it boils down to is that Vrykul are popular but hard to execute because visually they're just big humans and it'd be hard to put them on just one faction without upsetting the othee

Similar issue there to Sethrak, and to a lesser extent ethereals and arakkoa, because they're desired by both factions
    It's a mystery to me that some Horde players feel entitled to get vrykuls and some Alliance players feel entitled to get sethraks.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Why would the Alliance want them?
    Numbers and control. Alliance have always had trouble with them and their numbers no matter what they do. Trying to guide them as allies might be a better idea.
    Sounds like slavery with extra steps.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    It's a mystery to me that some Horde players feel entitled to get vrykuls and some Alliance players feel entitled to get sethraks.
    Honestly, yeah, Horde Sethrak make a huge amount of more sense to me than Alliance Sethrak. The Horde just interact with them more, and their deity was one of the ones that blessed Talanji and they have a priest in Atal'Dazar. The Horde just have more going for them with the Sethrak, this isn't like the Nightborne where both sides roughly equally aid them, the Horde work with the sethrak way more. The only real thing I see people use as an argument is the idea that sethrak and vulpera hate each other, but the Devoted and the Voldunnai worked together in Vol'dun, the leader of the Devoted even saying he likes vulpera.

I dunno. I get that snakes are cool and Allies want a cool race, but Sethrak just make more sense as Horde in their current state.

I'm not arguing with you it's just something I see a bunch and it doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitePeon View Post
    Honestly, yeah, Horde Sethrak make a huge amount of more sense to me than Alliance Sethrak. The Horde just interact with them more, and their deity was one of the ones that blessed Talanji and they have a priest in Atal'Dazar. The Horde just have more going for them with the Sethrak, this isn't like the Nightborne where both sides roughly equally aid them, the Horde work with the sethrak way more. The only real thing I see people use as an argument is the idea that sethrak and vulpera hate each other, but the Devoted and the Voldunnai worked together in Vol'dun, the leader of the Devoted even saying he likes vulpera.

I dunno. I get that snakes are cool and Allies want a cool race, but Sethrak just make more sense as Horde in their current state.

I'm not arguing with you it's just something I see a bunch and it doesn't make sense to me.
    No probs, I completely agree with you.

Honestly, the explanations I have for Alliance players claiming sethraks are :

1) They are still salty about the nightborne and want to fix a wrong with another wrong.
    2) They never did Vol'dun as Horde.

As for Horde vrykuls, I only see one explanation :

1) Horn helmets and eating your enemies hearts is a Horde thing.

Still think Alliance getting Kul Tirans instead of Drust in BfA was a huge mistake on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Still think Alliance getting Kul Tirans instead of Drust in BfA was a huge mistake on their part.
    Totally agree. I wanted Undead Druids in the worst way.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50972674