Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And the worst part is that this is how we're going to operate, at best, going forward. Yes - it can get much worse, and probably will. People like GreenJesus epitomize the right wing media target, precisely how you describe it above. It's just horrifying - more so as an overt movement than any one story or event.
    "All journalists are liars!" is a really common phrase parroted by someone who's fallen for Fox News propaganda, not because they think Fox News is truthful, but because Fox News propagates the lies. The lies are repeated all over social media, and these "unbias" folks hear these Fox News lies from their friends over and over and over. Hearing it repeated makes it true in their mind. Why? Because they're hearing it repeated in the circles they're in.

They don't even know they've fallen for right wing media propaganda.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    "All journalists are liars!" is a really common phrase parroted by someone who's fallen for Fox News propaganda, not because they think Fox News is truthful, but because Fox News propagates the lies. The lies are repeated all over social media, and these "unbias" folks hear these Fox News lies from their friends over and over and over. Hearing it repeated makes it true in their mind. Why? Because they're hearing it repeated in the circles they're in.

It's just the Nazi "lugenpresse" conspiracy theory cropping up for no goddamned reason, because apparently Nazi propaganda tools are de riguer in the year of our Lord 2021.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

Agreed. It's also where the "media is liberal bias" when all evidence points to the opposite. @Endus is entirely correct. Goebbels would be proud.

Serious question - how is it possible to ever climb out of this abyss? People aren't disagreeing with anyone position or topic. They are disagreeing on everything, because any topic is immediately partisan based on [insert social issue reason].

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Serious question - how is it possible to ever climb out of this abyss? People aren't disagreeing with anyone position or topic. They are disagreeing on everything, because any topic is immediately partisan based on [insert social issue reason].
    You can't reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into.

About all you can do is use social opprobrium and hope they get embarrassed enough to fuck off and keep it to themselves. Absent that, wait for their extremism to boil over and apply the law appropriately.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been made clear while looking into the topic of this thread, and not Kyle Rittenhouse, that Pelosi is the target of a lot of completely baseless, false claims. Like some of you have said, perhaps the reason Trump cultists say "all media lies" is because all the sources they see lie and they're projecting?

There's the OP of course.

I mentioned the San Fransisco mansion she also didn't buy.

She didn't buy this house either, nor build a wall with gun-totin' security.

She did not lay blame about vandalism in this tweet, the tweet is fake.

This video of her is fake.

An actual elected official, Rep. Jordan, said Pelosi was in charge of Jan 6th security, that was also a lie.

Some Guy On Twitter said Pelosi was arrested.

Her daughter isn't the CEO of Zoom.

Etc etc etc.

Basically, it seems the right likes to just make up provably false stuff about Pelosi, then hide behind -- as @GreenJesus has done multiple times in this thread alone, as many times as he's mentioned Kyle Rittenhouse in a thread that's not about Kyle Rittenhouse -- "all the media lies" so that, again as @GreenJesus has done multiple times in this thread alone, they don't have to condemn people caught in lies specifically, when it's lies their side is making -- lies I still assert they choose to believe. I mean, it takes a lot of "I've never heard of this" to jump into a thread in 13 minutes and immediately start deflecting with "both sides, very fine people, I've never heard of this, Kyle Rittenhouse". Someone''s protesting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's been made clear while looking into the topic of this thread, and not Kyle Rittenhouse, that Pelosi is the target of a lot of completely baseless, false claims. Like some of you have said, perhaps the reason Trump cultists say "all media lies" is because all the sources they see lie and they're projecting?

There's the OP of course.

I mentioned the San Fransisco mansion she also didn't buy.

She didn't buy this house either, nor build a wall with gun-totin' security.

She did not lay blame about vandalism in this tweet, the tweet is fake.

This video of her is fake.

An actual elected official, Rep. Jordan, said Pelosi was in charge of Jan 6th security, that was also a lie.

Some Guy On Twitter said Pelosi was arrested.

Her daughter isn't the CEO of Zoom.

Etc etc etc.

Basically, it seems the right likes to just make up provably false stuff about Pelosi, then hide behind -- as @GreenJesus has done multiple times in this thread alone, as many times as he's mentioned Kyle Rittenhouse in a thread that's not about Kyle Rittenhouse -- "all the media lies" so that, again as @GreenJesus has done multiple times in this thread alone, they don't have to condemn people caught in lies specifically, when it's lies their side is making -- lies I still assert they choose to believe. I mean, it takes a lot of "I've never heard of this" to jump into a thread in 13 minutes and immediately start deflecting with "both sides, very fine people, I've never heard of this, Kyle Rittenhouse". Someone''s protesting too much.
    I never said I believed the Pelosi thing (never even heard about this story before this thread) and it doesn't even matter if it was true, because everyone knows she has $100 million in her bank account anyway. There aren't really any serious accusations even in this story so it's basically just tabloid news people probably didn't even bother investigating because who cares. Why are random tweets and facebook posts by bots and random people at all relevant? Any random idiot on the internet can write a fake tweet and hire bots to upvote their tweets and share it. I don't know who random twitter people are and I'm not in the facebook boomer audience. I'm not in the far right crowd so I have nothing to condemn.\

You people are legit insane out to attack me. I don't have time to respond to all you people constatnly barraging me with bullshit posts.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-11-30 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I have nothing to condemn.
    You already said you condemned journalists who lie/don't research in general.

Sure. I condemn any journalist/reporter that lazily just reposts / quotes accusations without doing the research to verify if that includes Washington Examiner or a Fox News contributor.
    I asked you to condemn these specific people, who lied/didn't research, in specific. It would have 100% matched up with your earlier statement. It would have been easy, trivial even, for you to say "okay sure, them too".

You refused.

Which, by the way, would mean even if you condemned them now, it would seem hollow, even false. If you were really willing to condemn them, people you claim to not know/not believe/not care about, you'd have done it in seconds and spared yourself being caught in an objective lie.

Despite claiming that you condemned such behavior, you refused to when asked directly.

There is no way to explain your way out of that situation. "I don't know the situation" is not an excuse, by the way. You said you condemned "all" the people who did this. Condemning this very specific group of liars should have been reflex. Instead, you refused.

I can only think of two ways that could happen: either you lied the first time, or you lied the second time. The two statements are in direct opposition. They cannot both be true.

Also, again, you jumped into the thread really quickly to deflect to Kyle Rittenhouse for a subject you didn't know anything about. Were you intentionally posting off-topic? Or were you just trying to deflect? Neither option is redeeming.

And I don't understand why you are so intent on defending these liars in particular, especially if -- as you claim -- you don't know the story, didn't bother to read up on the story before posting on the thread about the story, and don't care. It makes no sense...unless you're being disingenuous. But you're not being disingenuous, are you? Surely you have a very good reason for refusing to condemn these liars when you already said you condemn all such liars.

Why are you so afraid to say "I condemn these liars"? After you said you condemn lying or non-source-checking journalists? It makes no sense. Could you explain how what you're doing is, somehow, genuine, honest, and non-hypocritical? Because with two objective self-contradictory statements, seemingly made to protect these specific liars which you claim not to know, not to believe, and not to care about, don't leave a ton of options. Especially when you sprint into the thread to say "Kyle Rittenhouse!" for...some reason, it was off-topic, I don't know what you were doing there, either.

Basically, if your posts are taken at face value, they contradict each other and don't make sense. Also you called us "legit insane".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have time to respond to all you people constatnly barraging me with bullshit posts.
    You probably shouldn't have come to this thread to talk about Kyle Rittenhouse, then. Is the reason you can't defend your position because it's self-contradictory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the TYT/Chapo/JAcobin/Itercept/BrieBrie cinematic universe start caping for Rittenhouse has been totally unsurprising.

If only there was a German expression or Navajo frog parable that could convey a mix of "we told you so" and "they're grifters".

You already said you condemned journalists who lie/don't research in general.

I asked you to condemn these specific people, who lied/didn't research, in specific. It would have 100% matched up with your earlier statement. It would have been easy, trivial even, for you to say "okay sure, them too".

You refused.

Which, by the way, would mean even if you condemned them now, it would seem hollow, even false. If you were really willing to condemn them, people you claim to not know/not believe/not care about, you'd have done it in seconds and spared yourself being caught in an objective lie.

Despite claiming that you condemned such behavior, you refused to when asked directly.

There is no way to explain your way out of that situation. "I don't know the situation" is not an excuse, by the way. You said you condemned "all" the people who did this. Condemning this very specific group of liars should have been reflex. Instead, you refused.

I can only think of two ways that could happen: either you lied the first time, or you lied the second time. The two statements are in direct opposition. They cannot both be true.

Also, again, you jumped into the thread really quickly to deflect to Kyle Rittenhouse for a subject you didn't know anything about. Were you intentionally posting off-topic? Or were you just trying to deflect? Neither option is redeeming.

And I don't understand why you are so intent on defending these liars in particular, especially if -- as you claim -- you don't know the story, didn't bother to read up on the story before posting on the thread about the story, and don't care. It makes no sense...unless you're being disingenuous. But you're not being disingenuous, are you? Surely you have a very good reason for refusing to condemn these liars when you already said you condemn all such liars.

Why are you so afraid to say "I condemn these liars"? After you said you condemn lying or non-source-checking journalists? It makes no sense. Could you explain how what you're doing is, somehow, genuine, honest, and non-hypocritical? Because with two objective self-contradictory statements, seemingly made to protect these specific liars which you claim not to know, not to believe, and not to care about, don't leave a ton of options. Especially when you sprint into the thread to say "Kyle Rittenhouse!" for...some reason, it was off-topic, I don't know what you were doing there, either.

Basically, if your posts are taken at face value, they contradict each other and don't make sense. Also you called us "legit insane".

- - - Updated - - -

You probably shouldn't have come to this thread to talk about Kyle Rittenhouse, then. Is the reason you can't defend your position because it's self-contradictory?
    The post you quoted condemns Fox News and Washington Examnier specifically. I'm not going to go click on every single one of your links and list every person on twitter and facebook just to (not) satisfy you. I have most of you blocked now because clearly you all just talk past me and antagonize me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The post you
    So you do have time. Interesting.

First of all, no, you did not call out FOX News specifically. And we both know that's not true because you said

I'm talking about "Journalists" and "investigative reporters" reposting content without verifying the authenticity.
    without mentioning FOX News or Washington Examiner. Nor did your first line say "just those two", either. That's not what "if that includes" means. Quite frankly, I don't see how a native English speaker would say "I condemn any journalist/reporter that lazily just reposts / quotes accusations without doing the research to verify if that includes Washington Examiner or a Fox News contributor." and then later claim they were talking specifically about FOX News and the Washington Examiner. Because that's not how English sentence structure works. You are American, right? You claim to be from So Cal, but even people in So Cal speak actual English. So, no, since you claim to be a native English speaker and are following English grammar and sentence structure, you didn't say it was specifially FOX News and Washington Examiner. That's false.

Secondly, that first part with all the links? Yeah, that wasn't aimed at you specifically. I was calling out how Pelosi was the target of a bunch of lies and hoaxes. I then posted evidence to back up my claims. You don't need to click on those, I already know they're all false. I did, however, mention that people on the right were making up shit, and then using the same defense you were "very fine people on both sides, Kyle Rittenhouse!" which you used. Multiple times. In this thread, which is not about Kyle Rittenhouse. I even asked you not to do that.

Also, earlier I mentioned that people on the far right -- such as yourself, yes you are, your post history is public -- say things like you said "all media lies" because they're used to media sources that lie. Which, since you specifically and directly tried to use to defend yourself just now, by you calling out FOX News and Washington Examiner, you, um, kind of leaned into the punch on that one. I wasn't expecting that...but okay.

Also also, you still haven't condemned the liars about Pelosi's mansion when that's the topic of this thread. In fact, other than defending your ignorance of the topic this entire thread is about, you haven't really mentioned it, at all. Were you planning oin posting on the topic at hand? Could you possibly condemn the people who lied about, or who quoted the liars without researching, the falsehood that is Pelosi's Florida mansion? Or are you still going to defend them? Because the more you defend them, the more it lends weight to my "GreenJesus believed the story" theory.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, since we're talking about the topic at hand and not, for example, Kyle Rittenhouse, DeSantis' own press secretary bought into the lie.

In the last 24 hours, she was caught deleting the tweet she shared about, yes, the fake Pelosi mansion story. No apology, no mea culpa, no "I guess I was wrong" and didn't even use things like "rumor has it" or "I heard..." in the first place. Just a quiet attempt to sweep it under the rug.

She was quoting, big surprise, Some Guy On Twitter. Then pushed it forward, as DeSantis' press secretary.

I wonder if she, too, is claiming she never heard about the story?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As I said in another thread, GOP voters don't actually care about "truth", at all. Truth is literally the enemy.
    They care about "affirmation". Being told that they're right and having their egos stroked. The moment that happens, they no longer care what the truth may be, they'll say whatever they need to keep the affirmations coming in.

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

This isn't a new concept. Orwell called it straight out 70 years ago. We just didn't learn the fucking lessons of WWII.
    The really interesting thing about all the analogies and outright references to 1984 from the GQP behavior over the past five and even fifteen years, is that their Dear Leader actually said, and I'm quoting here, "What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening,” Trump said during a speech at a VFW convention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans voted for Trump in 2016. A man with a literal golden toilet, a self-professed billionaire.

I don't wanna hear them ever again complain about politicians spending vast amounts of money, whether it's true or not.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into.

About all you can do is use social opprobrium and hope they get embarrassed enough to fuck off and keep it to themselves. Absent that, wait for their extremism to boil over and apply the law appropriately.
    I agree with you that would be a reasonable working solution. Wait for the nutters to just blow out their steam and slink back to their holes.

The problem is that this steam is only getting stronger, to the point where these people will own the House and Senate come Jan/2023. And a distinct possibility of owning the government, "legitimately", by Jan 2025.

When nutters come into power, and everyone makes the same mistakes as we did in 1930's Germany, but in this case "Hitler" gets the United States, how to stop that? How do you defend against a tyranny that was voted in legitimately?

The outcome of the trials proves you are 100% wrong. Still denying the facts. Sad.

Rittenhouse not guilty and Sandman getting money from multiple leftwing news outlets for fake news.
    because jury has never been wrong, let alone when the judge was so biased. oh ya dominion, remember them?

5+ Year Old Account
    Get back on topic and stay civil.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

So you do have time. Interesting.

First of all, no, you did not call out FOX News specifically. And we both know that's not true because you said

without mentioning FOX News or Washington Examiner. Nor did your first line say "just those two", either. That's not what "if that includes" means. Quite frankly, I don't see how a native English speaker would say "I condemn any journalist/reporter that lazily just reposts / quotes accusations without doing the research to verify if that includes Washington Examiner or a Fox News contributor." and then later claim they were talking specifically about FOX News and the Washington Examiner. Because that's not how English sentence structure works. You are American, right? You claim to be from So Cal, but even people in So Cal speak actual English. So, no, since you claim to be a native English speaker and are following English grammar and sentence structure, you didn't say it was specifially FOX News and Washington Examiner. That's false.

Secondly, that first part with all the links? Yeah, that wasn't aimed at you specifically. I was calling out how Pelosi was the target of a bunch of lies and hoaxes. I then posted evidence to back up my claims. You don't need to click on those, I already know they're all false. I did, however, mention that people on the right were making up shit, and then using the same defense you were "very fine people on both sides, Kyle Rittenhouse!" which you used. Multiple times. In this thread, which is not about Kyle Rittenhouse. I even asked you not to do that.

Also, earlier I mentioned that people on the far right -- such as yourself, yes you are, your post history is public -- say things like you said "all media lies" because they're used to media sources that lie. Which, since you specifically and directly tried to use to defend yourself just now, by you calling out FOX News and Washington Examiner, you, um, kind of leaned into the punch on that one. I wasn't expecting that...but okay.

Also also, you still haven't condemned the liars about Pelosi's mansion when that's the topic of this thread. In fact, other than defending your ignorance of the topic this entire thread is about, you haven't really mentioned it, at all. Were you planning oin posting on the topic at hand? Could you possibly condemn the people who lied about, or who quoted the liars without researching, the falsehood that is Pelosi's Florida mansion? Or are you still going to defend them? Because the more you defend them, the more it lends weight to my "GreenJesus believed the story" theory.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, since we're talking about the topic at hand and not, for example, Kyle Rittenhouse, DeSantis' own press secretary bought into the lie.

In the last 24 hours, she was caught deleting the tweet she shared about, yes, the fake Pelosi mansion story. No apology, no mea culpa, no "I guess I was wrong" and didn't even use things like "rumor has it" or "I heard..." in the first place. Just a quiet attempt to sweep it under the rug.

She was quoting, big surprise, Some Guy On Twitter. Then pushed it forward, as DeSantis' press secretary.

I wonder if she, too, is claiming she never heard about the story?
    Sure. I condemn any journalist/reporter that lazily just reposts / quotes accusations without doing the research to verify if that includes Washington Examiner or a Fox News contributor.
    Now get a life. There was the quote of me you quoted. This is officially the last time I'm checking this dogshit thread.

Now get a life. There was the quote of me you quoted. This is officially the last time I'm checking this dogshit thread.
    We found Chris Christie. He's right here in this thread talking about misinformation and conspiracy but suspiciously leaving out Fox News.

You plan on running for President as a Republican sometime soon, GJ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Get back on topic and stay civil.
    One hour and four minutes later:

Now get a life.
    That doesn't look civil to me. It also doesn't do what I asked you to do -- politely -- multiple times, address these specific liars. In fact, it doesn't even address why you were refusing to condemn these liars despite me quoting what...um...you quoted yourself...why did you do that, again?

On topic, Our Ruling

Yeah since this thread was created, PolitiFact got in on the action. This article is 11 hours old.

Multiple social media posts have claimed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is moving to Florida after purchasing a $25 million mansion.

Both Pelosi’s deputy chief of staff and the real estate agent who listed the mansion have said Pelosi is not the buyer.

We rate this claim False.
    Of note, PolitiFact points out that Facebook flagged posts with this hoax in it, as hoaxes.

PolitiFact, like most others on this topic, called out Greene just like I did. While I don't understand why someone who claims to condemn liars refuses to condemn these liars...and also, resort to personal insults twice when I asked him to do so...I also don't understand what's in it for Greene. Let's leave aside the fact that she publicly stated something she knew for a fact was false. What does this specific lie get her? Was throwing a few lines like "Oh Pelosi must like Florida taxes" really helping? All she managed to do was get a bunch of realtors and lawyers to line up and call her a liar, not because it's a personal insult but because she objectively knowingly said something that was false. And got her name in a bunch of headlines "Greene caught lying about Pelosi". Why didn't she pick another, less objectively false lie? Something along the lines of "Pelosi not guilty of crossing state lines to murder humans and then flee the scene of the crime"?

I just don't get why she'd do this. It was such an obvious falsehood, it's trivial to objectively call it out. I mean, what is wrong with Greene? Jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Even if it wasn't a lie it just sounds like a good thing to me. I don't truly dislike any person so I want her to have the best house she could afford, given her net worth of over $100 million. As long as she's not buying personal things with government funds, which I'm sure she is isn't.

Even though I disagree with her policy I kind of like Nancy Pelosi because she comes off as more rational and non-emotional and professional compared to other Democrats who get a lot of attention, such as AOC.
    Always love how you love the worst parts of the democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PfeffermintShake View Post
    Watching the TYT/Chapo/JAcobin/Itercept/BrieBrie cinematic universe start caping for Rittenhouse has been totally unsurprising.

If only there was a German expression or Navajo frog parable that could convey a mix of "we told you so" and "they're grifters".
    Coming into a thread about misinformation to spread misinformation is very ironic.

I just don't get why she'd do this. It was such an obvious falsehood, it's trivial to objectively call it out. I mean, what is wrong with Greene? Jeez.
    Negative news travels further and quicker than a retraction. Even if she's corrected, she still managed to get people upset at what she perceives to be the enemy. Most of which will never know or care about the truth. It's a page right out of Trump's playbook. And it's not like spreading falsehoods tarnishes her reputation anyway as anyone who listens to her as a beacon of leadership doesn't give a shit anymore. So she riles up her base with no true repercussions - what reason does a disgusting soulless banshee have to NOT do it?

Besides, it only turned out to be untrue because Trump got wind that Pelosi wanted the buy the house, and he swooped in and bought it out from underneath her at the last second just to piss her off. What a guy, huh? /s