Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 9.2 PTR - Build 41257 Official Notes

Patch 9.2 PTR - Build 41257 Official Notes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    • New Raid: Sepulcher of the First Ones
      • Deep in the Sepulcher of the First Ones lies the key to unlock the Jailer’s plans. Gather the power of the First Ones as you pursue Zovaal into the Sepulcher and fight through his forces—but first, you must face Anduin, and discover a way to resist the Jailer’s terrifying Domination magic.
    • Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
      • Now separated into two dungeons and added to the Mythic+ dungeon rotation.

ITEMS AND REWARDS
    • Progenitor Armor Set
      • Collect your class armor set from defeating bosses in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid and from the Great Vault to unlock 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses that power certain abilities for your specialization.
        • Developers’ note: When the PTR is live, Setzertauren can be found in the central ring of Oribos to purchase the armor sets for testing the set bonuses.

PET BATTLES
    • New wild pets to capture in Zereth Mortis.

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
    • New Brawl: Solo Shuffle
      • The Solo Shuffle brawl pits six players (two healers, four damage dealers) against each other in exciting 3v3 Arena matches. As the name implies, you can only queue for this brawl solo. Play a series of short matches as teams are shuffled and earn rewards based on your performance.

PROFESSIONS
    • Rare Crafted Equipment recipes now have an additional Optional Reagent slot.
    • New Recipes (All of these new recipes and reagents can be found on the Craftataur NPC in Oribos during the 9.2 PTR)
      • Optional Reagent: Crafter’s Mark IV– Set the crafted equipment to item level 233 and the required level to 60.
      • Optional Reagent: Crafter’s Mark of the First Ones – Set the crafted equipment to item level 262, required level to 60, and adds Unique Equipped: Shadowlands Crafted.
      • Alchemy
        • Optional Reagent: Sustaining Armor Polish
        • Optional Reagent: Infusion: Corpse Purification
        • New Potion: Cosmic Healing Potion (Flaskataur in Oribos sells the potions during the PTR)
      • Cooking
        • Empty Kettle of Stone Soup – Set out a Kettle of Stone Soup, ready to fill with delicious ingredients. Contribute ingredients to finish it and feed up to 35 people in your raid or party. Spend at least 10 seconds eating to become well fed with 20 in a stat for 1 hour.
        • New Meat: Protoflesh
      • Enchanting
        • Optional Reagent: Cosmic Protoweave
        • Optional Reagent: Magically Regulated Automa Core
      • Engineering
        • Optional Reagent: Pure-Air Sail Extensions
        • Optional Reagent: Erratic Genesis Matrix
      • Fishing
        • New Fish: Precursor Placoderm
      • Herbalism
        • Hew Herb: First Flower
        • Vantus Rune: Sepulcher of the First Ones
        • Contract: Enlightened Brokers
      • Jewelcrafting
        • Optional Reagent: Devourer Essence Stone
        • Optional Reagent: Ephemera Harmonizing Stone
      • Mining
        • New Ore: Progenium Ore
      • Skinning
        • New Hide: Protogenic Pelt
      • Tailoring
        • New Cloth: Silken Protofiber

QUESTS
    • New Campaign Chapters
      • Chapters 1, 2, and 3 are available in the December 1 PTR update.

TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED
    • New Game Mode: The Jailer’s Gauntlet
      • Run through a series of increasingly challenging boss battles, across 8 floors per layer and 8 layers total to earn unique rewards.
    • Four new challenging Layers have been introduced, Layers 13–16.
    • Torments
      • New: Empowered Torments – Existing Torments that have increased in strength.
        • 1 Empowered Torment will be applied to Layers 13–14, and 2 Empowered Torments will be applied to Layers 15–16.

USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
    • New Feature: Click Casting
      • This feature allows you to cast spells by simply clicking on a unit frame.
      • Set up your spell bindings by going to the Key Bindings menu or Interface Options → Combat.
    • New Setting: Unit Frame Mouseover Casting
      • This setting allows you to mouse over a unit frame and cast a spell on that character without targeting them.
      • Access this setting under Interface Options → Combat.

ZERETH MORTIS
    Zereth Mortis was created by the First Ones as a workshop to create afterlives. Its denizens—the automa—have built all that exists in the Shadowlands. It is a strange, otherworldly location that defies all concepts of reality or physics. The Jailer intends to use the secrets of Zereth Mortis to reshape reality and bend it to his malevolent will.
    • New Reputation: The Enlightened
      • The Enlightened are brokers that arrived on Zereth Mortis a long time ago. They no longer see their world in a transactional manner, but instead they treat their dwelling as a sacred place, and hope to answer to a higher calling—the pursuit of knowledge. Find common ground with The Enlightened to succeed and defend Zereth Mortis.
    • Cypher of the First Ones
      • The automa of Zereth Mortis speak in a musical language that is incomprehensible to mortal races. Team up with a curious automa sidekick in this new progression system to learn the lost language of the Progenitors and delve deeper into the secrets of Zereth Mortis, unlocking an array of new zone activities, daily quests, events, and rewards.
        • Developers’ note: This feature is currently under development so any aspects being discussed could be subject to change.
    • New World Boss: Antros, Keeper of the Antecedents located on Antecedent Isle in Zereth Mortis.
    • New World Quests are available after completing Chapter 2 of the new campaign.
    • New Haven and Dimensional Falls questlines.
    • New rares and treasures to discover.
      • Developers’ note: Zereth Mortis rewards and combat tuning are still under development.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-12-01 at 10:39 PM.

Blizzard Patch Notes Guy can't spell Sepulcher.

Blizzard be like:
    PUSH THE EMERGENCY BUTTON! I DONT CARE IF ITS STILL ALPHA
    FFXIV ENDWALKER IS ON ITS WAY!!
    Last edited by Boneman; 2021-12-02 at 06:37 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    So no larger tailoring bags? Biggest one we got was from that icecrown rare..in bfa..

Still no
    * you can now save your progress in Torghast so that you don’t have to plan a 87 hours session to make it.

Gg Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneman View Post
    Blizzard be like:
    oh yes for sure! Imagine putting future content on the PTR the same week FF14 launches a new xpac. We all know EVERYONE plays the PTR ALOT! PTR is a huge part of the playable content that the playerbase take part in. In fact, millions of people flock to the PTR everytime. Its a huge event that outcompetes everything!

Or maybe not. Its a PTR for god sake. Most people dont give to shits about it other than reading patch notes and maybe watch a video or two about it. What do they do after that? Probably play videogames. Want to hear something shocking? You can read patchnotes from the PTR build in wow WHILE PLAYING THE NEW FF14 XPAC! Imagine. Why? Cause theres no reason to actually play PTR for most people and going through patchnotes takes minutes.

If a FF14 xpac release is challenged by a PTR update for wow, then that game must be in dire state. A update to a Public test realm challenges a full blown xpac? jeez.

Its a good thing PTR was updated now and especially before christmas. Means 9.2 aint that far away, even though Blizzard probably would have wanted it out before christmas.

Blizzard be like:
    Nah, that really isn't what Blizzard "be like".

No Brawler's Guild in 9.2? So we won't have Brawler's Guild in SL at all???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its a good thing PTR was updated now and especially before christmas. Means 9.2 aint that far away, even though Blizzard probably would have wanted it out before christmas.
    I certainly hope they don't put it out before the new year. Would suck for raiders, even though I am not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I certainly hope they don't put it out before the new year. Would suck for raiders, even though I am not one of them.
    Yeah, it sucks that brawlers guild aint around. I enjoy that.

9.2 wont release before christmas, thats for sure. But any testing they can get done before christmas is a nothing but a good thing. If PTR testing goes good the next couple of weeks, maaaaaybe we can get a release date for 9.2 before christmas. Maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I don't think so, these big patches normally take more than one month in PTR as there are many things to test, so probably 9.2 will be mid January or at the start of February.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I want it out asp! Want higher iLvls for my alts to faster clear Legion n bfa raids for xmog runs.
    I'm thinking about mythic gul'dan..

They can fix buggs laters..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-12-02 at 11:02 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard be like:
    Ewwh no? it is a pretty normal timing actually.

Blizzard be like:
    Had it been the actual retail version of the patch, then maybe there would something about it, or the launch of the next expansion.

But no one in their right mind thinks that this is somehow a ploy to draw people away from FF14, how the fuck do you expect a build on the ptr to compete with the launch of an expansion for a increasingly popular mmo? Thats right, it won't and no one, least of all Blizzard thinks that.

You know what i find hilarious, is people that flock to the PTR to essentially provide free labor to Blizzard.

I could understand logging in for a minute just to get a preview of the content, but people actually spend hours/days on there.

Blizzard be like:
    I can't even tell when people are being serious anymore. It's the PTR. Nobody is leaving FFXIV to play on the goddamn PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Still no
    * you can now save your progress in Torghast so that you don’t have to plan a 87 hours session to make it.

Gg Blizzard.
    Torghast should literally take you 5 minutes to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    If you skip everything, probably, but it’s not “playing Torghast as intended”.

I never set feet in TC for example (apart from Anduin quest when I discovered you could just repeat floors 1-6 three times or so) because I have not enough time to afford 7484949 floors in a row.

If it was intended to be a sort of copy of D3 rifts, they failed really bad (won’t even mention the total lack of any useful reward in there).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Blizzard Patch Notes Guy can't spell Sepulcher.
    Dungeons and Riads

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Obviously torghast is not meant for people like you, and it isn't meant to be done around similar times as rifts/greater rifts. If anything, it's on par with running a m+ or raid ranges, depending on what you're doing.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

User Interface and Accessibility
    New Feature: Click Casting
    This feature allows you to cast spells by simply clicking on a unit frame.
    Set up your spell bindings by going to the Key Bindings menu or Interface Options → Combat.
    New Setting: Unit Frame Mouseover Casting
    This setting allows you to mouse over a unit frame and cast a spell on that character without targeting them.
    Access this setting under Interface Options → Combat.
    Wait so is this like healbot? (left click, alt left click, right click)
    Or like mouse over macro? (1, 2, 3, 4, Q, A)