Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    It's less that and more acknowledging that "China is going to China". A good chunk of the people there are ok with what they do, a huge chunk of the world turns a blind eye to any of their violations other than a sternly worded "please stop", and the rest of us are powerless to do anything. Want change? You might be better off starting a revolution yourself.
    He would only cheer on the revolution from the sidelines, just like he would the civil war in the US he's been crying for since 2018.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's ironic with all the liberals twitter cancel mobs posters here complaining about chinese censorship.

You have been for banning speach for years before china got involved in ur hobby..for all we know, u prob made the chinese think its normal here
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-12-03 at 08:26 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yep, while Blizzard is the one updating/enforcing these filters, I'm pretty sure they're predefined by the Chinese government. There's definitely some blame to go to Blizz, but I'm guessing they wouldn't be allowed to ship WoW in China if they weren't doing this.

Yeah, all the COVID stuff is also only blocked in China, so likely not Blizz's choice.

Previously tweeted about these kind of censors here, so this isn't really new, but still bad.
    You are into parrots, arent ya?

Check out the Loropark in Tenerife, Canary Isles :- ) (it is no ordinary Zoo, it is actually more a reserve. They only have animals who were injured of in extintion risk and they can not go back to nature)

Sorry for the huge, absurd off topic lol

Politic is as bad topic to discuss, as religion, cuz everybody has his own opinion. Overall Blizzard were in bad situation with this FHK. Because it was obviously one of these "orange" revolutions, induced by west. But Blizzard wanted Chinese money too much, so they've taken China's position, despite of being western company.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    It's less that and more acknowledging that "China is going to China". A good chunk of the people there are ok with what they do, a huge chunk of the world turns a blind eye to any of their violations other than a sternly worded "please stop", and the rest of us are powerless to do anything. Want change? You might be better off starting a revolution yourself.
    Uh, china is nowhere near the horrific shit the usa has inflicted on the world for a century

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    "The beginning of wisdom is the ability to call things by their right names." -Confucius
    China seems to be handling destructive forces like religion way better than "the west", this is a game-changer.

Religions, conservativism, and the incompabilities between capitalism and democracy, is what makes the west regress.
    No, neoliberalism n sjw mindset does that..

freehongkong has the letter "f" in it. could be the start of profanity, so they flag

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    freehongkong has the letter "f" in it. could be the start of profanity, so they flag
    Off-topic.. i fucking hate developers or companies who ban words that aren't profanity because it might be a misspelling of the profanity. And even worse, even if it's a misspelling within another word.

I can't use my nickname in certain games because, I think, that they ban "Kum". Doesn't surprise me though now that I think about. When we have people constantly twisting what is being said because it might be offensive to someone somewhere if you squint hard enough.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    People don't really realize that China has been growing and lifting its people out of poverty for a good while now, achieving standards of living that surpass those of the US quite easily. Meanwhile, the wealthy of the US milk the working class and poor for every dollar they possibly can, lowering our standard of living constantly for their own benefit.

One may not like the way China does things, but it seems to work while our system appears to be fundamentally broken.
    True, they broke up jack ma's empire, alibaba, antpay etc
    While jeff bezos amazon got away with treating employees like shit n pay no taxes..in the usa companies have free reign n parasite on society, while in china there are rules (although they too treat their employees like shit) americans seem to just shrug, that's the problem of natcissistic individualism, people don't come together to fix problems, i think there is no cure for this sickness..

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The part where the US government will never pressure Blizzard to censor the political speech of its players. The CCP has very strict rules for what is and isnt allowed in any media, including for political reasons. Blizzard's stance on anything beyond harassment, threats, and hate speech is that it should be handled by /ignore.
    I don't know about that. The US government keeps talking about repealing section 230.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    "Its just banned in China" is a disgusting reponse to this BTW. Absolutely revolting. Either you have morals and ethics or you don't. If you are OK with them only banning it in China but are OK with it elsewhere being used, then you have no moral or ethical beliefs. You are utterly untrustworthy. Pick a view and stick with it. Otherwise, your morals and beliefs are for sale to the highest bidder or to those with the most power.
    Different countries can have different rules, it's not a big deal.

Regardless, I feel like it is fine for any company to decide what can and can't be said on their property. I'd prefer to keep political and religious statements outside of video games. That'd mean no Trump or Biden talk in WoW, etc.

You can still organize and protest, just not in WoW. Do it on Twitter, FB, somewhere else.
    Last edited by User517849; 2021-12-03 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great, but has veered into territory that has nothing to do with WoW. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead