Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    At what rank the grind becomes “unreasonably long”? Just to know when to stop bothering and unsub again.
    It slows down considerably once you hit level 4, and going from 5 to 6 takes a long time if you're not actively trying to farm a ton of research. That said, there are a lot of groups farming research in the rifts and getting a ton very quickly by grinding elite mobs in the maw. There are a lot of those groups, if just grinding mobs with strangers for a few hours is your jam.

It's still massively more efficient to run m+ to gear up than upgrade Korthia gear though, no matter what route you go.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I wish the currency for Korthia token gear was not Stygia, which is kinda hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It slows down considerably once you hit level 4, and going from 5 to 6 takes a long time if you're not actively trying to farm a ton of research. That said, there are a lot of groups farming research in the rifts and getting a ton very quickly by grinding elite mobs in the maw. There are a lot of those groups, if just grinding mobs with strangers for a few hours is your jam.

It's still massively more efficient to run m+ to gear up than upgrade Korthia gear though, no matter what route you go.
    Yeh I know that M+ are far more efficient but I’m done with M+, at least for this expansion.

Tired of the dungeons, tired of pugs, tired of toxicity, tired of waiting times, bleah.

Basically anything about grouping that not involves quests or weekly/world bosses is big noes. I’m tired to depend on others to do my content.

I will see how bad Korthia is and how much I can stand the stupid grind, then I’ll level my mage or just quit again.

I wish they had kept the original plan, because I also wouldn't mind collecting the transmog sets without having to redo the campaigns a hojillion times. If they wanted to make you work for it in some other way (add an anima cost or require you to cap renown or whatever) then fine, just don't make me have to redo the same stories ad nauseum
    Having to buy them instead of getting them for free is a decent trade-off imho. I also already did each of them at least once .. they really aren't that great that I want to do them over and over again..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Having to buy them instead of getting them for free is a decent trade-off imho. I also already did each of them at least once .. they really aren't that great that I want to do them over and over again..
    Yeah I wouldn't care if you could just buy the campaign gear sets with anima or gold. I am not expecting them for "free," I just don't want them locked behind campaign chapter completion on campaigns I have already done (many times over at this point) and I reeeeeaaaaallly don't think that's too much to ask.

Once a player has already completed it, additional playthrus of the campaign should just be there as a reliable option to get renown and nothing more.

| twitch | bsky
    |

It would also be great if you could upgrade gear with valor on alts aslong as your main has the rating.
    But, this is blizzard. They don't have foresight.

Oh I didn’t notice they still required specific chapters you can’t complete anymore, that’s bad. Also the covenant set is a quick way to gear up a little since you get to level 60 in a really bad state gear wise .
    You can still complete the chapters even if you are at max renown. It's just that people don't want to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It would also be great if you could upgrade gear with valor on alts aslong as your main has the rating.
    But, this is blizzard. They don't have foresight.
    This isn't lack of foresight, this was a change they made on purpose for whatever reason. They probably figured it would increase engagement by making you play your alts more.

(although at least for me it did the opposite)

| twitch | bsky
    |

This isn't lack of foresight, this was a change they made on purpose for whatever reason. They probably figured it would increase engagement by making you play your alts more.

(although at least for me it did the opposite)
    Same here. It just made me limit how many alts i can be arsed with. 2 btw. Main and 2 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can still complete the chapters even if you are at max renown. It's just that people don't want to do it.
    Oh, I would love to do them, especially with this alt who’s not an healer and quests are finally not taking forever… but how? In the covenant the only Shield quests I’m given are the two weekly “replenish the reservoir” and “save 20 souls from the Maw”.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-12-03 at 06:22 AM.

Oh, I would love to do them, especially with this alt who’s not an healer and quests are finally not taking forever… but how? In the covenant the only Shield quests I’m given are the two weekly “replenish the reservoir” and “save 20 souls from the Maw”.
    Push "L" and then see what it says in the top right corner about where to go. I think before you can start in your covenant you have to go to Oribos to grab a quest then visit your covenant after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, thank you soooo much for your last paragraph, I resubbed a week ago to take an alt to 60 and get some proper gear via Korthia since reading the Internet it seems the only way nowadays to gear up in solo apart from spending thousands of golds at AH.

At what rank the grind becomes “unreasonably long”? Just to know when to stop bothering and unsub again.
    Getting to 220 is really easy for gear but you can't increase agin to 239 until you reach rank 6. So like rank 3-4. Stop there.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That could have been solved by increasing the max ilvl to match Korthia's and just restrict it behind your covenant rankings. When you're almost at PTR of 9.2, what's the point of gating alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Korthia's max gear requires rank 6 which is a complete tosser of a grind to reach. I'm at rank 5 and I've played since launch. It was a really shitty rep grind implementation for this zone.
    Exactly, that´s why think what I wrote.

Instead of that silly grind, we could just send over the world quest items and missions rewards... They are right now useless anyway.
    This way, we´d have a fair amount of extra people out on the world doing world quests.

Push "L" and then see what it says in the top right corner about where to go. I think before you can start in your covenant you have to go to Oribos to grab a quest then visit your covenant after that.
    Saw that and was able to go on with the campaign, now I’m 5/9 or so, will finish it so I can unlock the other parts of CoD campaign.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Exactly, that´s why think what I wrote.

Instead of that silly grind, we could just send over the world quest items and missions rewards... They are right now useless anyway.
    This way, we´d have a fair amount of extra people out on the world doing world quests.
    I really never got why with the expansion out from 1 year fresh 60 still have to go with the WQ giving sub normal dungeons ilvl items until you upgrade the WQ levels via max renown (that will take a while anyways even if now a lot of activities give renown, I’m still at 58 or so).

Also because you’re almost immediately given the chance to go to Korthia and questing there without flying with ilvl 130-140 is a real nightmare, it’s like in BfA when you went to Nazjatar as fresh 120.

When I dinged 60 with my alt I immediately spent about 50k gold to buy at AH as many ilvl 200 items as I could but not everyone can afford that or want to spend that much for items they’ll probably replace in 1 month.

It would be nice if you could buy different sets of covenant gear from their features for kyrian without having to redo every single fight on every single character again. I want the plate recolor and I am really not looking forward to that.

I really never got why with the expansion out from 1 year fresh 60 still have to go with the WQ giving sub normal dungeons ilvl items until you upgrade the WQ levels via max renown (that will take a while anyways even if now a lot of activities give renown, I’m still at 58 or so).[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't the renown so much since you can hit 40 real quick and if you do it while you level you could be ~60ish or higher after hitting 60. By then your WQ upgrades will be around 200 (Korthia ilvl). The problem then comes in that WQ rewards scale to what you current iLvL is. So even if you have the possibility of getting 210's to drop from WQ you may only get 150 due to the iLvL. So then if you want a speedy increase you have to either A) Go craft gear and boost it to 200 (around 180 ilvl overall) or go run dungeons and hope for drops, especially with trinkets.

When I dinged 60 with my alt I immediately spent about 50k gold to buy at AH as many ilvl 200 items as I could but not everyone can afford that or want to spend that much for items they’ll probably replace in 1 month.

That seems really expensive. The mats don't take much to craft it. I think the mats are around 3-10k (pending on server) for a full set minus weapons and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    It would be nice if you could buy different sets of covenant gear from their features for kyrian without having to redo every single fight on every single character again. I want the plate recolor and I am really not looking forward to that.
    Don't remind me. I still need to finish the last tier of fights, but the timers are tight as is that I just stopped messing with it and see what adjustments they make later.

Don't remind me. I still need to finish the last tier of fights, but the timers are tight as is that I just stopped messing with it and see what adjustments they make later.
    Are the last tier of fights actually doable now with the stat buff?

I just cheated like everyone else did back when the fights were not actually possible to win without bugging out the bosses. It annoys me they didn't take the mage tower light approach and instead made it vehicle combat based.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that and was able to go on with the campaign, now I’m 5/9 or so, will finish it so I can unlock the other parts of CoD campaign.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I really never got why with the expansion out from 1 year fresh 60 still have to go with the WQ giving sub normal dungeons ilvl items until you upgrade the WQ levels via max renown (that will take a while anyways even if now a lot of activities give renown, I’m still at 58 or so).

Also because you’re almost immediately given the chance to go to Korthia and questing there without flying with ilvl 130-140 is a real nightmare, it’s like in BfA when you went to Nazjatar as fresh 120.

Same, I buy the mythic stuff from the ah. Those 2/3 pieces plus a lego give you a decent boost not to waste too much time killing mobs around..
    But then it become silly to grinf for ilvl 200´s, inferior to some of the stuff you wear while grinding them... and the upgrading takes so long that, by the time you have it 6/6, you dont need that shit anymore anyway!

I really never got why with the expansion out from 1 year fresh 60 still have to go with the WQ giving sub normal dungeons ilvl items until you upgrade the WQ levels via max renown (that will take a while anyways even if now a lot of activities give renown, I’m still at 58 or so)

The problem isn't the renown so much since you can hit 40 real quick and if you do it while you level you could be ~60ish or higher after hitting 60. By then your WQ upgrades will be around 200 (Korthia ilvl). The problem then comes in that WQ rewards scale to what you current iLvL is. So even if you have the possibility of getting 210's to drop from WQ you may only get 150 due to the iLvL. So then if you want a speedy increase you have to either A) Go craft gear and boost it to 200 (around 180 ilvl overall) or go run dungeons and hope for drops, especially with trinkets.

That seems really expensive. The mats don't take much to craft it. I think the mats are around 3-10k (pending on server) for a full set minus weapons and trinkets.

Yeh, the scaling with WQ item levels is quite “strange”. I am 205 ilvl now and I’m still given 194 ilvl items from WQ.

Also I didn’t get how to buy Korthia “base ilvl 200 items” to upgrade (you obtain them only via daily if you pick a daily with a piece of armor as reward?).

I don’t know if 50k is too much or not, every ilvl 200 piece I saw in my AH was around 4K, so I more or less spent that sum.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Would be nice if we already did a covenant campaign on our main that we can just buy the anima campaign gear on our alts. I thought they said they were making this stuff account wide and not having to redo the story stuff? Am I missing something?
    Because creating second character is your responsibility and your willingness to play the game second time?

The better question is: Why would they always give your alts the staff for free when other people mains had to actually complete something to attain it.