Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    Just got home from work. I can't even get in queue, I get a "The lobby server connection has encountered an error. 2002" error each time. From what I've read, this means that the 17,000 person queue itself is full.

Seems like I'm not going to be able to play today.
    Yeah, the only people who have been able to get in today are the ones who got in REALLY early. Noone who started in the afternoon has gotten in yet. The login server also crashes and boots everyone every 30 minutes or so (at most), resulting in everyone having to re-queue.

Basically gotta plan on it taking at least 10 hours. I've been in queue for over 4 hours, and I'm still looking at over 4000 (started at 5000 something). Maybe in the middle of the night some of us might be able to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yeah, the only people who have been able to get in today are the ones who got in REALLY early.
    Not exactly true, had a guy get in just an hour ago.

I signed in at 8 to no queue thankfully and just been playing all day.

Seems the lobby error is by design to keep the influx of log ins not crash the game servers so it just boots everyone if it gets too long or something. Been trying since I woke up at 4, two hours latter still in que, many error 2002 latter, down to under 1000 now at lest

I kept on getting the lobby error earlier, as soon as I turned my VPN on, I managed to get in. Who knows if it was my VPN or luck...

When in queue, I was constantly kicked, turned my VPN off at one point, and still kept my place in queue when logging back in.

7+ Year Old Account
    5 hours in queue, currently sitting at 1645.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Im right behind you at 2,152
    I did manage to make it to the end once, but then it reset to over 5000 again.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all don't log in at 8am?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Some of us had errands..As in cannot avoid ones sadly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Some of us have jobs and work. Anyway...I'm at 247...wish me luck, maybe I'll get in this time.

God it's so disheartening to get all the way to the end of the queue, only to be disconnected from the login server. And you try to get back in to keep your place in line, but error 2002 happens and you have to relaunch reload reinput password wait through all the logs and do it all again and by the 12th time you're able to get back to the char select screen but because it took you so long to get to that point it dumped you to the back of the line. God damnit, square. Maybe your server wouldn't be hammered with so many people connecting to data center if you at least didn't d/c people waiting in queue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    God it's so disheartening to get all the way to the end of the queue, only to be disconnected from the login server. And you try to get back in to keep your place in line, but error 2002 happens and you have to relaunch reload reinput password wait through all the logs and do it all again and by the 12th time you're able to get back to the char select screen but because it took you so long to get to that point it dumped you to the back of the line. God damnit, square. Maybe your server wouldn't be hammered with so many people connecting to data center if you at least didn't d/c people waiting in queue.

That happened to me...got to 1, reset to >5000.

EDIT: JUST GOT IN
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2021-12-04 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    That happened to me...got to 1, reset to >5000.

EDIT: JUST GOT IN
    I had 2002 Lobby connection issues for a few minutes, finally got into Character selection. Queued up for about 20 minutes then got either this 4004 or the 2002 error again (tbh, I wasn't paying attention to the screen. I was more focused on my broken heart).

Now I'm continuously getting the 2002 errors trying to get to Character select again.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Well, I think it might be time to wait a day or two before trying to play.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Well, I think it might be time to wait a day or two before trying to play.
    that's what I'm doing pretty terrible launch IMO
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Eh, it's not that much different than some of the WoW expansion launches I've experienced. Now that I say that, I might have been conditioned to think such launches are the norm... CURSE YOU WOW!

nah, WoW might make you wait in the queue but it didn't make you wait, then d/c you, then be like lawl go to the back of the line and cross your fingers derp.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    that's what I'm doing pretty terrible launch IMO
    buggy launches r "terrible." congested servers = successful

nah, WoW might make you wait in the queue but it didn't make you wait, then d/c you, then be like lawl go to the back of the line and cross your fingers derp.
    Anytime I got dc'd in queue, I got back in my place.

Still, anyone expecting a smooth launch on a busy server in any MMO is an idiot.

I've been dc'd in WoW exp releases many times and put back to the start. Doesn't always happen, but it happens.
    Last edited by Tekko; 2021-12-04 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in queue! Fingers crossed no errors this time.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

WoW also sometimes have server crashes (at launch), or other server related issues.