Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Now this sure is complicated for something that has barely any significance in passing through the story/the raid. Good, but at the same time makes it ridiculous.

More garbage systems that they spend all their dev time on that will be scrapped next expansion. Nice.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If you need an entire front page to describe and explain your new systems, you may have overdone it.
    Most of the page is just listing talents not
    Really describing or explaining the system.

It would likely look similar (but bigger) if you had the old talent trees laid out on one page.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Good god, all that time-gating with the research time.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

All the Pocopoc/Core/BB8 stuff actually looks kinda fun so far. The "click to toggle 5 boxes" puzzle is the most annoying part of 9.2 so far, hopefully that becomes cheesable/easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Most of the page is just listing talents not
    Really describing or explaining the system.

It would likely look similar (but bigger) if you had the old talent trees laid out on one page.
    One could argue that talent-trees, while quite heavy in quantity, are a system most RPG players are familiar with. Unlike a brand new system designed for (maybe, if we go by past experiences) one single patch.

I like this. Finally something that's not related to character power and i can do at whatever pace i like. I'll have something to do besides raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Seems like another system I'll just completely ignore. Nothing it does upgrades my character, and I plan to spend as little time as humanly possible in the new zone since I doubt we can fly there.
    They did say there would be flying in the zone. And it was my understanding that somewhere in this console, one of the unlocks was for flying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    More garbage systems that they spend all their dev time on that will be scrapped next expansion. Nice.
    It’s unlikely to be scrapped, it will probably always be in the zone when people want to go back and farm stuff just like the molten front still has ifs own unique progress system.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Just what the player base wanted Blizz! more systems yah!!!!
    You guys really got your finger on the pulse of the players!
    Keep going, total recipe for sucess
    Even more systems please
    ...More
    ...Systems

Do you even look at player feedback Blizz? Do you? really?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    One could argue that talent-trees, while quite heavy in quantity, are a system most RPG players are familiar with. Unlike a brand new system designed for (maybe, if we go by past experiences) one single patch.
    There doesn’t seem like there id any real info on how this progresses but it seems like it’s just a zone talent tree with some obnoxious time gates unless there is some missing curve ball.

Glad I won't be having to deal with this new system. I've been following development of WoW from afar and their decisions keep telling me to stay away. Wake me up when the shitty systems go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    Just what the player base wanted Blizz! more systems yah!!!!
    You guys really got your finger on the pulse of the players!
    Keep going, total recipe for sucess
    Even more systems please
    ...More
    ...Systems

That word and "borrowed power" means nothing at all and 95% of player feedback is retarded, you give too much credit to it. The problem isn't the systems.. it's the grind. Essences were great, nice to use, but the grind was awful especially for alts. You were forced to do content you don't like, which is not the case in Shadowlands at all. Corruptions were fun too except in PvP. Kyrian covenant miniboss is fun, but the grind is hell. Personally I like this kind of content, it's a bit like the one in Mechagon except more sophisticated. Don't understand what people are crying about in this thread, this one doesn't even seem mandatory apart from dual legendary and flying mount.

The fact there's a cost AND a dumb amount of timegating is ridiculous. 162 hours? That's nearly a whole week. So after you grind out whatever currency it is, you then have to wait another week for the fruits of your labor to pay off.

This shit is unbelievable. How have they not loudly heard how much the community has grown weary of dumb timegates? If something just took <24h to research that's fine, especially 8h. I can set that before going to bed and it's back up tomorrow. 6.75 days of waiting however is beyond reasonable.

That looks complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like a lot of work.
    I'll get the flying ability stuff done and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    I mean, you're definitely not wrong, but given the usual development pipeline for content of this magnitude this has probably been in development for over a year, potentially even before SL launched. So the system bloat and people's umbrage with Systemlands was not yet as pronounced when they set out the roadmap for this patch.

These developments cycles have huge inertia, it's not easy to just quickly turn things around and go in a different direction. It's easy for a designer to just say "okay do something else" and sketch it out in an afternoon, but the amount of art, code, etc. that goes into patches like this takes so long to make you can't just call an audible this far into things.

Which isn't meant to exculpate the predatory design aspects of yet another time-eating system, of course. But it's understandable why they wouldn't just instantly come out with something very different, when this has already been in production for so long.

If no player power is gated behind it I think it looks decent as a side thing to do.

All that remains is to know at what rate you get the currency for it.

I love how everyone is crying and screaming about a 100% optional system with zero player power locked behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    How deaf to community feedback can one company be? We heard you guys are getting tired of all the systems introduced in Shadowlands, so in 9.2...we brought you another system! Top notch work guys. Good job.
    This new system seems garbage to me too (ANOTHER currency? Seriously?) but it was probably planned and coded ages ago, they couldn’t simply listen to people now and trash it.

We’ll have to wait next exp to see if they are really starting to listen to players.