Allied Races of Draenor

I open this post to discuss the possibility that we get more of the Draenor races as an option for the allied races that are the Ogre, Arakkoa, Saberon, and Botnai,

In my opinion, the ones with the best chance of becoming allied races without having to return to the alternate Draenor are the Ogres, Saberon and the Botnai because when the horde recruited the Mag'har Orcs, the Ogres as well as Saberon and Botnai came with them. that they managed to sneak in.

Also in my opinion these races would go into the horde due to the similarity of the Lightforged Draeneis with the Lightbound and their crusade in the Alternate Draenor.

Please comment what you think of these four races and the possibility of obtaining them as allied races and which faction they would go to.

Ogres, no question, align with the Horde.

Saberon I feel align more with the Horde than the Alliance.

The Botani are harder to pin down. If they were made allies at all, its hard to imagine which side they would align with. The closest thing to a friendly Botani I can think of is the Garrison Follower that could help your lumber mill by shooting flowers at trees. Other than that, the Botani are consumed with trying to have nature dominate all of Draenor.

If their bloodlust were somehow sated and they were reduced to "tree people helping trees" I can seem them aligning with the Alliance.
    If they keep their bloodlust, I could seem them going the route of the Taunkan Dark Shaman. A more direct, authoritarian route to Druidism. But even then, theres the issues of female representation and just how to make armor and weapons look good on a tree.

I don't really see the Botani ever being playable, maybe having a larger role as far as NPC's go though.

Arakoa are similiar in my opinion. Either they go the route of the corrupted Arakoa, hunchbacked and squatty, or the redeemed, though that has been taken by the Zandalari Balance Druid form now, at least the skeleton. Armor and female representation again present problems.

What this leaves us then, is two new potential allied races for the Horde and nothing for the Alliance. Unless Blizzard did something off the wall, like Horde gets "New Shiny Draenor Races: Saberon and Ogres" and the Alliance gets the "Old Outland Allies: Broken and Ethereals(although this opens a whole other discussion)", I don't really see how it could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Ogres, no question, align with the Horde.

Saberon I feel align more with the Horde than the Alliance.

The Botani are harder to pin down. If they were made allies at all, its hard to imagine which side they would align with. The closest thing to a friendly Botani I can think of is the Garrison Follower that could help your lumber mill by shooting flowers at trees. Other than that, the Botani are consumed with trying to have nature dominate all of Draenor.

If their bloodlust were somehow sated and they were reduced to "tree people helping trees" I can seem them aligning with the Alliance.
    If they keep their bloodlust, I could seem them going the route of the Taunkan Dark Shaman. A more direct, authoritarian route to Druidism. But even then, theres the issues of female representation and just how to make armor and weapons look good on a tree.

I don't really see the Botani ever being playable, maybe having a larger role as far as NPC's go though.

Arakoa are similiar in my opinion. Either they go the route of the corrupted Arakoa, hunchbacked and squatty, or the redeemed, though that has been taken by the Zandalari Balance Druid form now, at least the skeleton. Armor and female representation again present problems.

What this leaves us then, is two new potential allied races for the Horde and nothing for the Alliance. Unless Blizzard did something off the wall, like Horde gets "New Shiny Draenor Races: Saberon and Ogres" and the Alliance gets the "Old Outland Allies: Broken and Ethereals(although this opens a whole other discussion)", I don't really see how it could work.
    Hoping to see Botani and Saberon being villains again, as some were seen fleeing into Azeroth once the Mag'har arrived.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

As Allied Races, no. But as hostile invaders from another dimension, totally.

Botani .... I could see to be an allied race for Night Elfs... not all of them but since Elune and Cenarius represent nature it self I could see some of them change their ways and follow the Night Elfs.

Saberon... Worgen obviously... just because its a cat & dog meme.

Also this would balance out Kalimdor a bit in terms of Horde/Alliance races. Also its nice to get something that is not human or close to human like for once on Alliance.
    Would be also fine if both are just new enemies in Kalimdor

Ogres would go to Horde obviously. But we would only get very small Ogres as playable characters.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-12-03 at 07:40 PM.

Botani could work as an allied race. Blizzard could say the Botani worship of the Genesaur was due to the their pheromones. Since the Botani in Shadowmoon didn't start attacking people until a Genesaur was being formed and needed food it would make sense if the Genesaur lifecycle involved basically mind controlling its lesser cousins so it could survive given the fact it seems to take several hundred years for one to be born.

Saberon unless they reach maturity in a year or two I think would need to come later since they are mammals and I doubt a couple thousand came through the portal.

Ogres are eventually coming. They said the only reason they made Kul'Tirans big and fat was because they wanted a big fat model for future races. They could have meant half ogres but I'm guessing they would do actual Ogres first.

As allied races? No. As a regular race, yes.

Arrakoa however should come from Outland, not alt Draenor. The Arrakoa Outcasts under Rilak the Redeemed should sign up with the Alliance.

The Botani and Saberon are too primal or primitive to be playable races. They’re much better suited as being antagonist forces getting a foothold in Azeroth and causing issues. The conflict potential that Botani and Saberon forces could have with the likes of the Quilboar or Gnolls etc could lead to some interesting zone storytelling.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'