Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Active ability: Horrid Mutation - immunity to damage for 2 seconds, not able to preform any actions during said duration. (animation from Cho'Gall hots stone prison)
    Waaaaay too OP. Iceblock as a race bonus? That's gonna ge abused so hard, it would be gone with the first raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, the first thing you need to look at when/if adding an Ogre race is what the expansion content is as that may change what Ogres we have. If we have a Light/Void expansion with Yrel & her Lightbound coming to Azeroth, then it would make sense to bring over the Gorian Ogres we saw in WoD with all of their magical expertise (perhaps with Arakkoa for the Alliance as well). If we instead are looking at something like an Azeroth revamp, then we likely would have a better connection to the Ogres already on Azeroth, the Boulderfist or the Gordok Ogres from Dire Maul. I personally prefer the idea of both, where the Gorian Ogres come to Azeroth & unite the disparate Ogre tribes under one banner.

Classes: Warrior, DK, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Monk. While Rogue could be fun thanks to Dagg, I just don't see it.

Home City: Provided we can't go back to AU Draenor (which would be weird with the story), probably the best fit for them would be Dire Maul. Keep the dungeon entrances elsewhere & instead rebuild it into a full-fledged Ogre city with Highmaul-style architecture to suit their needs.

Racials: Not sure of many ideas here. You could do a "Single Minded" or "Of Two Minds" for single/double headed Ogres, but that might be weird to have a racial set off of your design. You could try some sort of peaceful aggro drop racial taught by Lunk. Or just maybe some sort of strength thing, maybe the Ogre just grabs a random rock and crushes it down for AoE damage/stun.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Waaaaay too OP. Iceblock as a race bonus? That's gonna ge abused so hard, it would be gone with the first raid tier.
    Depends. If it is really just damage immunity (i.e. all debuffs and such still apply), and only lasts two seconds...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    only thing i could imagine you could wear two helmets but the second is only like worth 10% of the stats as some sort of racial bonus
    I agree with this, but 2-headed ogres are only mages while the 1-headed are the warriors. I think the racial should depend on your class. So ogre priests, warlocks, and mages get 2 heads and that bonus, while ogre warriors, DKs, hunters etc get a damage buff. (idk, maybe they get a buff called "broad chested" which gives the same head bonus, but to the chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Depends. If it is really just damage immunity (i.e. all debuffs and such still apply), and only lasts two seconds...
    Two seconds is long enough to soak mechanics. You're right about the debuffs etc, though.

I want Mok'nathal
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the problem with playable Ogres has always been: no female model. They had to completely redesign Draenei to make them more...pretty. But it would kind of defeat the purpose of having Ogres if they did the same for them.
    I don't see why more than one gender option, or having sexually diverse genders is even necessary for Ogres to be a playable race.

I would love a Ogre race. Allied or core.

For racials I was thinking of something lore-friendly and more in line with other races

Gluttonous (Passive) - May consume 2 pieces of food at once. Allowing healthy recovery to be doubled and allowing up to 2 bonus stat effects
    Bone Clean (Passive) - Increased chance to find additional cooking ingredients
    Ogre Fury (Active) - Increases all damage by 25% but chance to miss with attacks and spells increased by 10%
    Brute (Passive) - Primary Stat, Armor and Health all increased by 1%
    Not Housebroken (Passive) - Able to set your Hearthstone to any point in an area that grants rested experience
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2021-12-06 at 12:35 AM.

The fast and cheap way to do Ogres would be to reuse either the Pandaren male or Kul'tiran male skeletons and make some slight tweaks to their animations, much like the deal with Vulpera and goblin skeletons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I agree with this, but 2-headed ogres are only mages while the 1-headed are the warriors. I think the racial should depend on your class. So ogre priests, warlocks, and mages get 2 heads and that bonus, while ogre warriors, DKs, hunters etc get a damage buff. (idk, maybe they get a buff called "broad chested" which gives the same head bonus, but to the chest.
    sounds logical and fits with ogre dum dum could also do 1% extra arcane damage

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don’t get why people are hung up still in Allied races; they were a BfA feature. WoW should get more races, not allied races
    I always just thought people were using that terminology interchangeably.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thats because blizzard said allied race is a feature they will use to add new races. there is not more "core race", it was not supposed to be just a bfa thing, until now.
    Despite of what Blizz may have said, Allied Races as a feature is most likely dead.

The reason why Blizzard has added this feature to the game in the first place is so that they could add "new" races more easily. They would basically save them the massive effort of having to create a new starter zone for each new race they add. But now with the new default starting zone, this isn't necessary anymore. Furthermore, it wasn't really a well received feature (not the races, but the way you would unlock them) or one that made a lot of sense in the long run. A lot of players would essentially be "forced" to do endgame content on a different race/class for weeks just so they could unlock the race they wanted to play in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The fast and cheap way to do Ogres would be to reuse either the Pandaren male or Kul'tiran male skeletons and make some slight tweaks to their animations, much like the deal with Vulpera and goblin skeletons.
    If I am not mistaken ogres and the playable moonkins are the same skeleton/model already.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Furthermore, it wasn't really a well received feature (not the races, but the way you would unlock them) or one that made a lot of sense in the long run. A lot of players would essentially be "forced" to do endgame content on a different race/class for weeks just so they could unlock the race they wanted to play in the first place.
    Most races where badly received too. Nightborne are completely different from the npc ones players wanted, Void elfes where hated because no one understood the reasoning why they exist besides giving the blood elf model to the alliance. Lightforged and nightborne especially lacked any options to customize.
    Implementation was also a big yikes. To this day i forget that they are officially a feature of bfa even though the most where added during this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Home City: Provided we can't go back to AU Draenor (which would be weird with the story), probably the best fit for them would be Dire Maul. Keep the dungeon entrances elsewhere & instead rebuild it into a full-fledged Ogre city with Highmaul-style architecture to suit their needs.
    Personally I'd go with a built up Brackenwall Village renamed to Stonemaul using the highmaul style. It's a place the Horde player base would have met Orges aligned with the Horde already so would be nice to see it develop. Hell you could even have it that they used rubble from theramore to build it. You could make it a lore point that the destruction of Theramore allowed the Horde to become the domainate power in Dustwallow Marsh.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2021-12-06 at 01:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Despite of what Blizz may have said, Allied Races as a feature is most likely dead.

The reason why Blizzard has added this feature to the game in the first place is so that they could add "new" races more easily. They would basically save them the massive effort of having to create a new starter zone for each new race they add. But now with the new default starting zone, this isn't necessary anymore. Furthermore, it wasn't really a well received feature (not the races, but the way you would unlock them) or one that made a lot of sense in the long run. A lot of players would essentially be "forced" to do endgame content on a different race/class for weeks just so they could unlock the race they wanted to play in the first place.
    they still see allied race as a success, because they said they were able to add more races than before.

the thing is, allied race will be the feature, they just can lift the reputation requirements, no way blizzard will go back and use the old system of new races when it takes more times and use more resources, hell, more easier to just not add more races at all, and just add customizations and call a day.

If I am not mistaken ogres and the playable moonkins are the same skeleton/model already.
    yes, but to be playable they need a one anyway with an updated model, so, kul'tiran is the perfect fit, as Rexxar uses then.

put a belly and a horn in bfa rexxar and you have an playable ogre;

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vegener View Post
    I open this post to discuss the possibility of obtaining the ogres as an allied race.

In my opinion there is a great possibility of obtaining the ogres as an allied race because when we recruited the Mag'har Orcs with them a large number of ogres came.

As a racial leader they could put a descendant of the Imperator Mar'gok.

as an option to ride they could have the wild boars or the clefthoof.

Class:Warrior, Hunter, Wizard, Priest, Warlock

In case we obtain the ogres as an allied race, I would like that in the creation of characters we could choose the option that they have one or two heads.
    * Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Monk

Your welcome!

Ogres shouldn't even have to be an allied race. At least the Stonemaul ogre clan became defacto ally of the Horde all the way back in the Warcraft III campaign when Rexxar temporarily became the chieftain.

We've even collaborated with ogres in multiple faction hubs on Kalimdor, such as with the Stonemaul Clan at Brackenwall in Dustwallow Marsh, as well as the quest hub in Feralas close to Dire Maul.

Far as I can tell, the Stonemaul clan should still be very much allied with the Horde. The only difference between an allied race and a regular race used to be the racial starting zones and a difference in starting level anyway.

In other words, with the introduction of the new leveling experience in 9.0, you may as well introduce the ogres as a regular race available to the Horde that simply starts on Exile's Path.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    What sort of racial traits would you see on them ?

I imagine something like being able to regen health and mana from uncooked food. Or get a well fed bonus whatever they eat.

A Stamina bonus.

Something about smashing, but with the tauren, HM and KT, it's starting to be hard to find some new ways to smash your opponent.
    Bash 'em: Slam downwards on an enemy target, burying them in the ground and stunning them for 1 second and rooting them for a further 4 seconds.

Something like that.

At any rate, other than quibbles about what constitutes a new race vs an allied race, it definitely makes sense for Ogres to be playable. Ogre females exist in lore, they've just never been seen in game (despite WoD being a perfect time to introduce them) so all blizzard would have to do is implement them.

As for the alliance equivalent, they can give them Vrykul from stormheim. They're closely related to humans and (if Blizzard ever cared to keep up with their lore) they'd have a reason to distrust the horde after Sylvanas' actions in stormheim. Sizewise, they'd be roughly equivalent to Tauren.

Vrykul Racial: War Cry: Horrify all enemies in an 8 yard radius for 2 seconds (or if that doesn't tickle your fancy) reduce, and increase, the movement speed of enemies and allies, respectively, in an 8 yard radius by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-12-06 at 03:39 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Personally I'd go with a built up Brackenwall Village renamed to Stonemaul using the highmaul style. It's a place the Horde player base would have met Orges aligned with the Horde already so would be nice to see it develop. Hell you could even have it that they used rubble from theramore to build it. You could make it a lore point that the destruction of Theramore allowed the Horde to become the domainate power in Dustwallow Marsh.
    Possibly, would make sense with the lore for the Horde to essentially take over Dustwallow at this point. But Brackenwall itself is pretty far into the swamp & doesn't appear to have a ton of room for growth. It feels like a better place to have a secondary village, a Goldshire or a Brill-like town. Perhaps they rebuild Stonemaul over the ruins & make it better than it was. Or...they could try to build a new city where Theramore used to be (Thera Maul?) & take advantage of the nearby ocean for commerce & the like. Either way, I do like in concept the idea of them taking over Dustwallow.