Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    There was an interesting interview with one of the Magic the gathering main designer who explained 10 important rules for designing cards / content.

One thing that stuck with me was ‚‘ Players are really good in showing whats bad , but horrible in finding solutions for it‘‘

It may sound a little like ´´ you think you do ´ ´ but he is kinda right and thats what many people dont understand. Complaining about X , saying they should do Y and than being mad that a company didnt do Y but ZY or just Z, is a big issue in the wow community.

We lack a lot of informations to how things work and worked. So the best critic we should give is, X has the issue Y because of Z. But. but not focus on how we expact it to be changed
    specifics are kind of clear line between criticism and whining/hating, criticism contain some information, that developers (or whoever is criticised) can use for feedback, whining/hating usualy contains no such thing

now, what you seem to missinterpret is that the information have to be CORRECT, that is not true at all, it might be completely false, just have to be there... it will make the criticism inacurate, but its still criticism

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    There was an interesting interview with one of the Magic the gathering main designer who explained 10 important rules for designing cards / content.

One thing that stuck with me was ‚‘ Players are really good in showing whats bad , but horrible in finding solutions for it‘‘
    Which means the common forum comeback of "you're just a hater who doesn't offer solutions" is misguided. Complaints should be about what the player sees as bad; he has neither the skill nor the responsibility of offering up a fix.

The devs should not ignore these complaints, but they can't lean on them as a crutch either. The dev team has to have at least some idea what players will like, or else we'll see a constant stream of things that the players not only don't like, but would never have liked. The dev team needs to understand its customers better than they have.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its simple, knowledge on the subject.

The average WoW player has no clue about the actual game itself, you can see it on here daily, 99% of the responses to anything is mindless drivel and full of nonsense, the official WoW forum is the same, why would any dev take the players seriously?

I work IT related jobs and 99.9% of my clients can be classified as mentally retarded compared to my knowledge, why would the dev act any differently?

The devs make mistakes, but their mistake is that they choose a different % of players to focus on every expansion, to try and keep everyone happy, and thats whats biting them in the ass.

The game has different problems every expansion, but listening to the players is their biggest mistake for the last 10 years, everyone thinks these changes magically happened, some marketing gimmicks to prolong subs is Blizzards doing, but i love how everyone acts that 90% of the changes arent player requests over the years.
    Yeah, of course, their biggest mistake is listening to the people who actually play their game and pay for it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    WoW not only killed itself but the entire genre.
    WoW is dying/dead/killed itself threads are not allowed on the site since they don't tend to generate any constructive discussion. Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."