Poll: How much hype?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Cleave cannot happen immediately after knockback, there is always enough time to move.
    It does, if you get knocked in front of Magtheridon, it's entirely possible to get cleaved right afterwards.

Cleave replaces Magtheridon's Melee swing and can absolutely happen that the first Melee swings ends up being a cleave.
    Also quake should never knock you far away enough that you can't be running against it and make it back to your platform before he finishes the windup
    Running against the quake is pretty difficult because you get knocked around pretty much the entire time.
    because we put failsafes in to ensure we could cover it.
    You mean...like pre assigned backups?
    the difference is at least Wrath stays challenging
    Thanks to hardmodes, meanwhile the skill floor in raids like ToC drops even further.

Hype for WLK depends. I know they literally KILLED the hype for TBC with the very late annoucement. Classic is a thing people want to plan ahead for. And the lie that people could easily reroll belf/draenei and get max lvl before release was an upset as well, both for me and many others. 2 weeks or whatever it was isn't enough for anyone with a family life.

Give us info about WLK early enough and let us plan ahead and itll hype up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Thanks to hardmodes, meanwhile the skill floor in raids like ToC drops even further.
    You say that like the drop from T5 to T6 wasn't ridiculous. So much 14/14 spam on day one.

Also the swing after knocks isn't instant. From someone who's tanked it and knows when to expect cleaves, you don't get it immediately.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Hype for WLK depends. I know they literally KILLED the hype for TBC with the very late annoucement. Classic is a thing people want to plan ahead for. And the lie that people could easily reroll belf/draenei and get max lvl before release was an upset as well, both for me and many others. 2 weeks or whatever it was isn't enough for anyone with a family life.

Give us info about WLK early enough and let us plan ahead and itll hype up.
    Can't wait for the 12 hour time window they give us to level our DKs to 70

Haven't played much of Vanilla Classic, none of TBC Classic.
    WotLK Classic I will be playing from Day 1. Bring on Wintergrasp!

You say that like the drop from T5 to T6 wasn't ridiculous. So much 14/14 spam on day one.
    I doubt the people who struggled to clear T5 pre nerf suddenly breezed through T6 content.

The raids who struggled on Vashj / KT pre nerf will also struggle on Illidari council or Illidan.
    Also the swing after knocks isn't instant. From someone who's tanked it and knows when to expect cleaves, you don't get it immediately.
    Neither is movement and since it's absolutely possible that you get constantly knocked into the wall where Mag is being tanked, you aren't out of the cleave zone instantly either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the people who struggled to clear T5 pre nerf suddenly breezed through T6 content.

The raids who struggled on Vashj / KT pre nerf will also struggle on Illidari council or Illidan.

Neither is movement and since it's absolutely possible that you get constantly knocked into the wall where Mag is being tanked, you aren't out of the cleave zone instantly either.
    I'm sorry Illidan is way easier than Prenerf Kt and Vashj, they aren't even close. Illidans hardest phase is phase 2 where you have to kite 2 elementals in a circle oh my so difficult big wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I'm sorry Illidan is way easier than Prenerf Kt and Vashj, they aren't even close.
    He's certainly easier, but it's not like pre nerf Vashj or KT were massive walls.

At least on Illidan, a stupid tank can fuck you up, do ToC 10man with a stupid tank, you're not even going to notice it because there's barely any mechanic that he could even screw up.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's certainly easier, but it's not like pre nerf Vashj or KT were massive walls.
    Pre nerf Vashj is the most difficult content we've seen so far this expansion, maybe M'uru will be harder if we get prenerf. But she's a league ahead of anything in T6.

Illidari Council is an easy fight. It took us 3 pulls to kill in retail, and one of those was because the door shut with half the raid being on the wrong side the first time.

The hardest thing about Illidan is forgetting he can bug out and do a 40k melee shadow hit to your MT.

Also are you really comparing 10 man to 25? 10 in Wrath is always significantly easier, and the rewards reflect that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

It will be more popular than TBC no doubt. It was the most accessible expansion in the history of wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Ducos View Post
    Haven't played much of Vanilla Classic, none of TBC Classic.
    WotLK Classic I will be playing from Day 1. Bring on Wintergrasp!
    I don't think there's a single server left that actually has the population on both factions to support any kind of competitive wintergrasp.

@ the thread in general....

I answered with the highest hype level.... but there's a BIG caveat in there, that I think the classic community in general has been pretty dramatically undercut by TBC being lackluster (less classic progression players will remain), Retail in general being a dumpster fire (less wow in general players remaining), SoM being a dud (again more players who will just outright leave wow altogether), and numerous successful wow alternatives pulling players away as well (ff14 and lost ark being the main two right now, but elden ring and potentially riot's upcoming mmo are gonna chunk players off wow as well).... The point is, I think hype levels AMONG PEOPLE WHO REMAIN are relatively high, but that player pool is rapidly diminishing.

I also expect, that much of the hype is going to lead to some pretty dramatic disappointment as well. Much as it was with TBC, many are looking at wrath through especially rose colored goggles.... for example:

-The first tier of raiding for wrath will be puggable within 5 hours of a server getting 20+ people who can run the content. It's an absolute joke and it will make Karazan look like mythic raiding by comparison.... This nearly completely invalidates the entirety of the preraid gearing process, and also is going make the entire first tier suck

-speaking of sucking, say hello to ToC (tier 3-wotlk).... An awful raid on it's own, but wait!, you also get to run it 4x a week! (10n, 10hc, 25n, 25hc)

-Then we have wintergrasp.... the crowning jewel of wpvp in wotlk.... except like in my reply to the guy above, how exactly will WG work when there's zero opposing faction to play against?

-Then there's rated pvp.... If you thought horde racials in tbc where too strong, just wait for the EMFH human reroll tidal wave. It will be the single strongest pvp racial in the game by a significant margin, given the relative power of trinkets.

-Racials in general are more of a problem in wotlk as well... Try and be a non orc (pve/pvp) or BE (pvp) DK on horde side and tell me how well you do finding arena partners or being able to get Shadowmourne.

-But how about BG pvp? Well congrats you get isle of conquest and Strand of the Ancients. both of which where pretty universally reviled bgs (though I personally never minded SotA)

-for generalized pvp, also remember that rogues and warriors will be able to get 100 ARP, destro and ele will be globaling people, and that even nerfed, DKs are a fairly absurdly strong class for that era getting multiple tools in the pvp arms race that other classes don't yet have counters for.

The point is there are plenty of things about wotlk that people are just not remembering or willfully ignoring. It won't all be sunshine and rainbows.

THAT BEING SAID, and even knowing all of this, I'm all aboard the WOTLK train already and literally only still subbed to tbc (since my SoM journey is over) in order to farm gold/prep for wotlk economically. My DK will have every advantage I can provide it, if I mean to earn my self shadowmourne on this go around. Earliest we can expect wotlk now is looking like November- Feb.... so that's a load of time to make myself "rich" in game, since I'm not a gold buying degenerate.
    Last edited by Drosul; 2022-02-25 at 03:47 AM.

Imagine when WOTLK comes out Microsoft will own them and WoW will be on the GamePass. Going to have a MASSIVE player pool

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    Imagine when WOTLK comes out Microsoft will own them and WoW will be on the GamePass. Going to have a MASSIVE player pool
    WoW isn't going to be on Gamepass, the business model doesn't fit. Not to mention WOTLK will most likely come out before the purchase even completes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I don't think there's a single server left that actually has the population on both factions to support any kind of competitive wintergrasp.

@ the thread in general....

I answered with the highest hype level.... but there's a BIG caveat in there, that I think the classic community in general has been pretty dramatically undercut by TBC being lackluster (less classic progression players will remain), Retail in general being a dumpster fire (less wow in general players remaining), SoM being a dud (again more players who will just outright leave wow altogether), and numerous successful wow alternatives pulling players away as well (ff14 and lost ark being the main two right now, but elden ring and potentially riot's upcoming mmo are gonna chunk players off wow as well).... The point is, I think hype levels AMONG PEOPLE WHO REMAIN are relatively high, but that player pool is rapidly diminishing.

I also expect, that much of the hype is going to lead to some pretty dramatic disappointment as well. Much as it was with TBC, many are looking at wrath through especially rose colored goggles.... for example:

-The first tier of raiding for wrath will be puggable within 5 hours of a server getting 20+ people who can run the content. It's an absolute joke and it will make Karazan look like mythic raiding by comparison.... This nearly completely invalidates the entirety of the preraid gearing process, and also is going make the entire first tier suck

-speaking of sucking, say hello to ToC (tier 3-wotlk).... An awful raid on it's own, but wait!, you also get to run it 4x a week! (10n, 10hc, 25n, 25hc)

-Then we have wintergrasp.... the crowning jewel of wpvp in wotlk.... except like in my reply to the guy above, how exactly will WG work when there's zero opposing faction to play against?

-Then there's rated pvp.... If you thought horde racials in tbc where too strong, just wait for the EMFH human reroll tidal wave. It will be the single strongest pvp racial in the game by a significant margin, given the relative power of trinkets.

-Racials in general are more of a problem in wotlk as well... Try and be a non orc (pve/pvp) or BE (pvp) DK on horde side and tell me how well you do finding arena partners or being able to get Shadowmourne.

-But how about BG pvp? Well congrats you get isle of conquest and Strand of the Ancients. both of which where pretty universally reviled bgs (though I personally never minded SotA)

-for generalized pvp, also remember that rogues and warriors will be able to get 100 ARP, destro and ele will be globaling people, and that even nerfed, DKs are a fairly absurdly strong class for that era getting multiple tools in the pvp arms race that other classes don't yet have counters for.

The point is there are plenty of things about wotlk that people are just not remembering or willfully ignoring. It won't all be sunshine and rainbows.

THAT BEING SAID, and even knowing all of this, I'm all aboard the WOTLK train already and literally only still subbed to tbc (since my SoM journey is over) in order to farm gold/prep for wotlk economically. My DK will have every advantage I can provide it, if I mean to earn my self shadowmourne on this go around. Earliest we can expect wotlk now is looking like November- Feb.... so that's a load of time to make myself "rich" in game, since I'm not a gold buying degenerate.
    You do have a point on many aspects, few comments I'd like to give.
    Arenas have and never will be really the incarnation of balance. Some people like to pillarhump with lifebloom ticking, some people like orange cleaves or whatnots.
    Wintegrasp was fun. Emphasis on was. It was a thing of its time, much like a weekend-long AV used to be. Maybe some people will crave for those to return, who knows.
    Raids, fully agreed. Many people forget completely the true nature of WotLK raids. First tier was god-awful even around the time when a pre-nerf clear on Sunwell was considered a feat. Ulduar compensates, but not quite for 1 completely lost tier plus a lacklustre that followed it.
    That being ranted, if people have fun with it, I'm good with that. I've had my WotLK dose already.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2022-03-01 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    If they didn't put ESO on gamepass they definitely wont be putting WoW on it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Hell yeah it will be. Much more accessible, cooler zones, better classes.

I've lvld my char to 70 just for that xpac.

I might actually play it just to experience Wintergrasp without insane lag

It'll die even faster than vanilla or tbc classic.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Quite the opposite.

People are aware that it was the most popular expansion. So many who didn´t jump in classic yet will do so.

After all, classic is the real World of Warcraft experience, not retail. Even though classic is a shadow of 2007sh, as now everyone knows all like the palm of their hand. Content is being cleared 10 times faster than in 2005/09. Yet, better WoW experience than retail atm.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So... never?