Poll: How much hype?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    "world of warcraft: what if?" anyone?
    Hell yeah. I want that...but...there is always one argument against it that i cant beat:

    "Is the current WoW team developing it so whats the difference between this and a new expansion?"

  2. #42
    I don't feel a lot of hype going around for wotlk classic. Might just be me not paying attention. People seem so burned out on tbc and classic. Here's hoping it has some good times.

  3. #43
    There will be hype for Ulduar.

    I expect a MASSIVE drop off when ToC comes out though.

    ICC was good, but not good enough to stick around for after Ulduar.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    There will be hype for Ulduar.

    I expect a MASSIVE drop off when ToC comes out though.

    ICC was good, but not good enough to stick around for after Ulduar.
    I see the normal phase dropoff to be quicker in toc but you have to remember why wotlk was so popular. It gave access to end game content to a lot of new players. In TBC there were a lot of guilds stuck in t5 forever and there were even more players who didn't even reach t5 content. Wotlk let the average player raid the same thing the "pro" players did but at a more accessible difficulty and size. Instead of letting the 1% raid the latest content and fuck everyone else it opened up a lot more possibilities for the player base. It's debatable if this was a good move or not but it was popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #45
    For PvPers there's more promise in wrath than classic. We've had boring, barebones classes for 7 YEARS. Wotlk classes are fun, they have high skill ceilings, exactly what PvP needs.

    People who got burned by survival hunter's transformation into a melee spec will once again be able to play the ranged SV spec they loved.
    Last edited by VideoGamePlayer; 2021-12-06 at 05:18 AM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    wrath classic is actually going to be very questionable. similarly to the actual expansion itself, if it can manage to survive phase 1 with a decent number of people interested, it will absolutely slam. honestly if i were blizzard, i would release naxx and ulduar at the same phase.
    What separates Wrath from Classic and TBC -- really, from every other expansion -- is the ease of leveling and then *immediately* playing alts at 80. Then factor in post-TBC design intent to make every class choice acceptable for high-level play, and add to it Wrath's unique flavor of mechanics.

    To be clear, this is the strength of Wrath: varied and broad experience over deep progression. The soft start is a feature rather than something to skip past. It's not for everyone, but since the audience won't likely be limited only to TBCC or VClassic players, catering wouldn't make as much sense as much as going only 4 or even 3 months for launch content instead of the original 5. (And then extending Ulduar significantly.)

  7. #47
    With how blizz handled TBC the hype won't be there this time around despite WOTLK arguably being the most popular and fondly remembered expansion. People will be bored out of their minds with easy mode P1 25 man naxx just like they were with faceroll P1 of TBC.

  8. #48
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,469
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    probably high in original classic but TBC feels like the hype died after a week.
    I would not say so. The hype train was cruising well after a month in.

    Problem is that at that stage, so early already, peopel had rushed so much. We had half of the players sitting on flying mounts with 2 set T4...For example.

    That killed the experience. But it was to be expected.


    Classic BC is barely 20% of the true experience, but that is natural and fair. You can only experience timeline events once, you can´t replicate them. It is simply impossible to have all of the factors and variants to be the exact same and they all create the experience.

  9. #49
    Wotlk was the first time there was stuff to do outside of a raid. Wotlk arena was really something else. They can also expand on some of the earlier builds, like Blood dk being the proper DPS spec and more looking into armor pen comps which were pretty innovative back then.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    please note i'm not saying hype is bad in general. it's not knowing when to temper expectations that is the issue.

    No, you aren't saying this. You aren't even advising this. This is what you are saying:


    but being hyped for something when the company is at it's absolute worst state in its history is just stupid.

    Why do you think you get to tell people what they can or cannot be excited for? What makes you think your moral barometer is the most decisive gauge that everybody else has to take notice and abide by?


    If you want to have the debate about the company's state of affairs, then have that debate with those also having it.


    This is the absolute shittiest take you can have. You are effectively saying that other people are stupid because they do not share the moral concern as you do.


    You are calling people stupid because they still enjoy a product or service that you no longer enjoy... because the source behind the product and/or service is morally compromised in your eyes. And therefore, the product or service itself is no longer good/fun... for you.


    So now you tell other people they are wrong or they are stupid because they have excitement for continued product or service. This is not their problem. This is your problem trying to justify your own opinion about it.


    You end just being that person who can't stand that other people like things that you don't like.


    if you're going to be hyped when the company keeps making obvious mistakes, then you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

    Thank you for this wisdom. You should stick to this as your point instead of trying to tell people they are wrong and stupid for liking things you don't.
    Last edited by KNTRPRTS; 2021-12-06 at 06:36 PM.

  11. #51
    Hard to say but I zero hype for me. Blizzard is just incapable of doing anything right the past 5 years or so. They'll find a way to ruin it somehow.

  12. #52
    After the TBC debacle and SOM debacle... idk

    I think the classic fatigue is going to be massive. Its not so much the games fault but Blizz handling the game at this point.
    Outside of Diablo 4, I have my doubts Blizz can even muster a hype train, its more like a hype San Francisco trolly at best.

  13. #53
    What's wrong with someone extolling what they like? Particularly in the case of classic projects, why should someone who loved WOTLK care that retail or other games won't have new content or additions anytime soon?: D

  14. #54
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I didnt play TBC at all...but Wrath for me is something of epic proportions...out of this world...legendary expansion.
    How do you think the rest of the world feels?
    For me, WotLK was one of the biggest low points of the game. Had it not been for WoD, it would have been the worst part of the game.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    if you wanna be hyped, i can't stop you. but being hyped for something when the company is at it's absolute worst state in its history is just stupid. you also countered your own argument. you know what you're getting but blizz is more than happy to change it for money as shown with tbc. if you're going to be hyped when the company keeps making obvious mistakes, then you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

    please note i'm not saying hype is bad in general. it's not knowing when to temper expectations that is the issue.
    Yes, Blizzard is dead. Retail is dead, Diablo 4 will probably be shit and every other IP was already killed of by Blizzard itself. But its very hard to mess up Classic. Just release the 12 year old game again. Yeah, SoM had some issues but nothing that cant be fixed. TBC is also pretty solid. I played a lot of wrath private servers and most of them buff their content for good reasons. But seeing how easy TBC is and how people still cant play a boss with 1 mechanic lets me think that unbuffed wrath content wont be an issue.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Why do you think you get to tell people what they can or cannot be excited for?
    for someone who quotes what i said, you seem to like putting in words that aren't in the quote. i didn't say you can't get hyped. i'm saying if you're getting hyped when the company has a streak of subpar products and constant work place issues, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Yes, Blizzard is dead. Retail is dead, Diablo 4 will probably be shit and every other IP was already killed of by Blizzard itself. But its very hard to mess up Classic. Just release the 12 year old game again. Yeah, SoM had some issues but nothing that cant be fixed. TBC is also pretty solid. I played a lot of wrath private servers and most of them buff their content for good reasons. But seeing how easy TBC is and how people still cant play a boss with 1 mechanic lets me think that unbuffed wrath content wont be an issue.
    i wouldn't say blizzard as a company is dead. as the ideal it once was, certainly. that can never be gotten back once lost. even EA had a period of being a good company. so blizz will rise up again as long as they don't go out of business (which i don't think will happen). wrath classic will likely come down to if blizz can solve the core issues of the company before they start working on wotlk. if they can't at least have it mostly solved, i'd expect it to be a bad remake.

  17. #57
    None from this guy. Already been there and done that. No need to go back.

  18. #58
    WotLK Classic will probably be hit harder by the nostalgia rebound than Vanilla and TBC was.
    Vanilla was inarguably unavailable to the average player, meaning it could coast on the idea that it was something players hadn't seen. The game itself also plays substantially different from later versions.
    TBC already couldn't fall back on reexploring something unavailable since Outland is literally right there. The game doesn't incentivize you actually doing the attunements or such, but it is actually there. It did however play differently, and close enough to Vanilla to still be a different kind of game.

    WotLK is both completely available, but more importantly doesn't function much different from the current game.
    There are no attunement chains or open world questlines like the kind TBC had.
    And while the game has different mechanics in talents and such, that's really the only thing it has over going back and replaying WotLK right now.

    WotLK will have a dedicated fanbase by those that prefer the raids and aesthetic and such, but I cannot imagine it will foster a playerbase from nothing when Shadowlands (or 10.0) will be right there with a larger playerbase, and Vanilla is there to give that proper old school RPG feel.
    WotLK suffers from being where the current raid or die paradigm in the game started.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    for someone who quotes what i said, you seem to like putting in words that aren't in the quote.

    Right, I sure didn't say any of this:

    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    if you're hyped, i gotta say you are probably a fan boi. i don't like hating on wow and wish it was good. but i'm not going to call a turd anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    but being hyped for something when the company is at it's absolute worst state in its history is just stupid.

    You said all of this.

    i didn't say you can't get hyped. i'm saying if you're getting hyped when the company has a streak of subpar products and constant work place issues, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

    You said this after you said everything else above first. You said both of these things.

    I'm pointing out how ridiculous you come off as by trying to justify your personal thoughts you have about the company and the quality of the game by denigrating others for still finding enjoyment and being excited. I'm pointing out that you are also criticizing people for their choices for finding enjoyment and being excited for the game because they don't share your outlook of the "scum" company (as you have put it).

    It's quite simple.

  20. #60
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,902
    I'd enjoy it purely for the fact I can play a Blood DK DPS again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •