Poll: How much hype?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What exactly did they do wrong?
    Monetization and lack of oversight leading to a overwhelming amount of bots but frankly the problem with all the classics is that the content is finite and has a shelf life. What a lot of the community really want is an alternate WOW that would be updated differently with a proper storyline, because the current one leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Monetization and lack of oversight leading to a overwhelming amount of bots but frankly the problem with all the classics is that the content is finite and has a shelf life. What a lot of the community really want is an alternate WOW that would be updated differently with a proper storyline, because the current one leaves a lot to be desired.
    I never understood why so many people are complaining about bots in classic. My last goal in classic is farming gold, abusing knowledge from 2008. What I want from classic is relive and replay the story/progression of the best story addon blizzard managed to release in wow. Pvp is also there, but I dont care at all about gold. It's the other way around even. The more bots are farming, the cheeper will be the raid materials, so I dont have to invest too much time into raid preperation and I can focus more on alts.

Also do you have any idea how difficult it is to release new content and how many classic subs blizzard would need to even consider alternate content for classic? Its simply impossible to achieve in a 17 year old game...
    Last edited by Ghuntastic; 2021-12-27 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I figured as much And is exactly why i want to play Wrath.

Meta gems
    Gems on entire gear
    Hybrid talent system
    The Nirvana of Hybrid specs for PvP and troll builds
    BC had meta gems and hybrid pvp builds. Restokin, Shokadin, etc

You may have preferred the wrath versions due to many classes getting more spells, but that stuff was always there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now? I'd say it's hard to see much hype for anything at Blizzard right now...between the lawsuit, poor handling of SL, and doesn't seem like much is actually changing when it needs to

I'm looking forward to WotLK Classic...but not gonna feel much hype myself till it's actually announced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    What 180?
    If you want to grind Netherwing, you can choose to go egghunting all day, or you can do dailies every day.
    If you want to grind Knights of the Ebon Blade with dailies instead of wearing the tabard inside the dungeon...okay, you do you, i guess.
    Then that grind will take you a month or two instead of a few days, depending on how many heroics you'll do.

Disregarding the obvious difference between the Netherwing faction and Knights of the Ebon Blade, Netherwing is purely cosmetic and Knights sell gear, which is largely useless if you can clear Naxx 10.

Okay, now imagine you're not a prot pally, which is 2/3 of the tank classes available in TBC.

Because it's completely disengenous to argue about achievements, the [Hero of X] achievements were never a benchmark of difficulty, completely disregarding that nothing compareable exists in TBC as nothing awards you something for defeating a boss in a specific manner.

I didn't say it's my idea of difficult, but it is more difficult than what you face in Naxx, Maly or OS, because one person fucking it up won't wipe you.

Completely ignoring the fact that in its prenerf state, you had to rotate, which is something you ignore just because..?
    You know the chance of failure grows with more people involved?

Backups don't do shit if one person simply *forgets* to klick.

No, it's the other way around, you try to drag T4 onto an even lower level than it already is.
    T7 is bottom of the barrel difficulty, T4 just happens to be slightly above that.
    not for nothing but if u think magtheridon is harder than the majority of naxx then u have been doin mag with the wrong people....1 person not doing the cube right is not how u measure a fight....just put competent people on the cubes and thats a 1shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuntastic View Post
    Also do you have any idea how difficult it is to release new content and how many classic subs blizzard would need to even consider alternate content for classic? Its simply impossible to achieve in a 17 year old game...
    Classic releases are the only reasons their sub numbers are not further into the ground, they also would not be releasing new content just modifying already existing. You have a much larger window to release content, Blizzard is a multi billion dollar company. It's not impossible it is a choice Blizzard is no longer a company that takes any risks so they are choosing to stick to their current model for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I didnt play TBC at all...but Wrath for me is something of epic proportions...out of this world...legendary expansion.
    How do you think the rest of the world feels?
    I personally never wanted them to go beyond level 60.

Leaving the era realms just to die as the entire world moves on to TBCC.

Imo it should have just been naxx spamm until the end of days.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I personally never wanted them to go beyond level 60.

Leaving the era realms just to die as the entire world moves on to TBCC.

Imo it should have just been naxx spamm until the end of days.
    People were already bored of Naxx long before TBCC was released or on the horizon, that would've severely dented their sub numbers and revenue. Also, a lot of people carried on playing just to prepare for TBC, which of course kept sub numbers higher. Stuff like leveling alts for profs, leveling new profs, farming gold etc, was all because of the release of TBCC.

On MMO-C? 10/10, maximum hype.

Everywhere else? Maybe 2-3/10, if that.

There are people desperately clinging to something to save WoW here, or an excuse at all to continue playing it. Among those players, WotLK will be a smashing success. Among everyone else it'll be a blip on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    1 person not doing the cube right is not how u measure a fight....just put competent people on the cubes and thats a 1shot.
    The crux is that you can have that one person in Wotlk Naxx and you'll still clear the place, because there isn't even one mechanic where people can wipe the whole raid.
    Because that's the point, you can clear Naxx despite having utterly incompetent people in your raid.

Disregarding that "one person does something wrong and you'll wipe" mechanics aren't exactly a rarity and yes, they make a fight more challenging, whether you think that's a "good" type of difficulty or not is another debate.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-12-27 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    People were already bored of Naxx long before TBCC was released or on the horizon, that would've severely dented their sub numbers and revenue. Also, a lot of people carried on playing just to prepare for TBC, which of course kept sub numbers higher. Stuff like leveling alts for profs, leveling new profs, farming gold etc, was all because of the release of TBCC.
    This whole ”getting bored of it” is such a foreign concept to me.

In another game i play they release a raid maybe 1 per year.

Tho it stays relevant throughout due to upgrade materials for your weapon.

It’s 5 per week and to fully upgrade it you need 30-40 per stage and it’s 9 stages.

WoW’s playerbase really need to get desensitized towards long or mindless grinds.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    This whole ”getting bored of it” is such a foreign concept to me.

In another game i play they release a raid maybe 1 per year.

Tho it stays relevant throughout due to upgrade materials for your weapon.

It’s 5 per week and to fully upgrade it you need 30-40 per stage and it’s 9 stages.

WoW’s playerbase really need to get desensitized towards long or mindless grinds.
    I guess people have got used to new patches and content every 5-6 months in WoW. In retail that doesn't really sound too bad because the raids and such take a lot longer to clear, but in Classic iterations where the content is dead in day 1, it's a long time to wait and grind out the same content.

I class myself as someone who is more resilient to "getting bored of it" in regards to the WoW content, but even Naxx was grinding me down and I did take a break for a few months. I think the excessive consumable need when not in an elite guild was also a strain. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I guess people have got used to new patches and content every 5-6 months in WoW. In retail that doesn't really sound too bad because the raids and such take a lot longer to clear, but in Classic iterations where the content is dead in day 1, it's a long time to wait and grind out the same content.

I class myself as someone who is more resilient to "getting bored of it" in regards to the WoW content, but even Naxx was grinding me down and I did take a break for a few months. I think the excessive consumable need when not in an elite guild was also a strain. Just my opinion.
    While there is some truth in there, most people are not clearing all classic content day 1.
    People really really really need to stop comparing it to what the more experienced, prepared and hardcore guilds do, by that logic retail is also cleared within 2 weeks tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King classic won't even get off the ground if they let people continue from boosted TBC characters or put in more store bs

3+ Year Old Account
    I must say I am amazed by the traction this thread has generated. I see it poppin' up every day

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Lich King classic won't even get off the ground if they let people continue from boosted TBC characters or put in more store bs
    That won't matter at all ... you underestimate how popular LK is, overestimate how much people care about them and underestimate how much people will use them.

And on that note ... remember TBC economy will be ruined doomsayers? Yet here we are in TBC with nothing ruined ... just give it time they said ... yet still .. the economy is even better than it was in the original TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    And on that note ... remember TBC economy will be ruined doomsayers? Yet here we are in TBC with nothing ruined ... just give it time they said ... yet still .. the economy is even better than it was in the original TBC.
    I have to say — I've never seen a more sensible, reliable market in WoW, ever. Raw material costs actually make sense, prices overall are stable...it's pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    ICC was mediocre, at best.

If you omit LK HC fight, you're left with a raid instance that was far far below average. The first 11 fights were plain bad. It's ONLY remembered fondly because of Lich King. Even if the fight was identical, but they exchanged LK model with Hogger, people would have hated the entire instance.
    putricide 25HC was a banger of a fight, blood wing was just a loot pinata wing once people learned not to fuck up the bite orders, sindragosa was a meme and dreamwalker was a mount hyjal style snoozefest once you got the spawn pattern down, while it wasn't 'far far below average' as you seem to claim, it was in some places very bland and boring once it was on farm.

7+ Year Old Account
    eventual release of wrath classic is the only reason im still subbed.
    tbc classic is fun and i used it to level the toons iw ant to take into wrath so they are ready to go day one of transfer.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The crux is that you can have that one person in Wotlk Naxx and you'll still clear the place, because there isn't even one mechanic where people can wipe the whole raid.
    Because that's the point, you can clear Naxx despite having utterly incompetent people in your raid.

Disregarding that "one person does something wrong and you'll wipe" mechanics aren't exactly a rarity and yes, they make a fight more challenging, whether you think that's a "good" type of difficulty or not is another debate.
    thats not really true tho,, theres multiple other fights where 1 person can wipe the raid...