Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    I don't want to act like im giving this "leak" any credit cause I think its all fantasy like 99% of leaks, but is a group of draenei going against Velen's wishes to learn how fel magic works in order to use it against demons really a crazy idea. I always felt draenei warlock would be a really easy class to tag in with some of them feeling hate towards what the legion did to their homeworld.

    Its not like all Draenei worship the light either I mean shaman work with the elements and not the light so clearly they aren't some holy religious monolith that exclusively pray to the naaru. I personally would LOVE to see all class race restrictions lifted. There may be a few that stick like lightforged warlocks probably wouldn't work and DH while could be opened to a few races probably not all of them.
    But the Draenei are those who followed Velen to escape from the demons taking their homeworld.. And then from Draenor to escape demons again.
    The Draenei are not going to start using the magic of the people responsible for tearing apart their families especially when they know it's corrupting.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But the Draenei are those who followed Velen to escape from the demons taking their homeworld.. And then from Draenor to escape demons again.
    The Draenei are not going to start using the magic of the people responsible for tearing apart their families especially when they know it's corrupting.
    doesnt that argument work for every single race that has warlocks seeing as demons have attempted to kill all of them. Orcs REALLY hate demons after the whole blood of manno thing why wouldn't orc warlocks be banned for the same reason?

    Draenei are full of scientists, engineers, artificers and other non holy wielding individuals. Choosing to leave Argus with Velen thousands of years beforehand because you saw the writing on the wall doesn't mean you wouldn't want to understand fel magic and its power in order to use it in your favor. Even more so many of the remaining draenei were not the ones that left the planet with Velen. Many (I assume) were born after the events of argus and have only remained with Velen cause he was the defacto leader not because of the holy words he preached like his initial followers.

    Edit: its not like I'm expecting it to be widely accepted in their culture it would be like how human warlocks hid in basements so no one else knew. Small grps of draenei wanting to get revenge for what happened to their families and homes by learning how to bend demons to their will and use their very evident strength against them.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2021-12-07 at 07:18 PM.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Wasn't the consensus that Danuser already "fucked this up" by making her the Winter Queen's "counterpart in the Realms of Life" rather than, well.. whatever she was before?

    There's always been more evidence to suggest Elune and Azeroth could have been the same being than there ever was about some Winter Queen in the Shadowlands.

    Chronicles describes the Kaldorei having perceived her as living within the Well of Eternity during the day, and coming out at Night.
    Odd stuff there that might be revealed in 9.2 really.
    "Whatever she was before" was unknown and speculation. She was a god, only because the NEs didn't really know. Everything can change base on new information or perspective. Nothing really changes what Elune is, just our understanding of what she is.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Why is monks being a class goofy?
    Guy that fights with his fists in medical fantasy..so silly doesn't fit

    Guy fighting with a rocket launcher...fits perfectly

  5. #105
    Bloodsail Admiral Begrudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    wow
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    "Whatever she was before" was unknown and speculation. She was a god, only because the NEs didn't really know. Everything can change base on new information or perspective. Nothing really changes what Elune is, just our understanding of what she is.
    Well devs said she was closest thing to a deity in wow there is. Also she doesn't have a version of herself in the first ones database like the eternals of the shadowlands do, like how we fight the stored version of the eternals in the raid, if she was in of them wouldn't we be fighting elune too in the 9.2 raid? And while she calls her sister that doesn't mean they are equals. Elune could be something totally different, like a what winter queen is based off of, I mean winter queen did ask her for help, maybe elune is even a god compared to the eternals
    Last edited by Begrudge; 2021-12-08 at 04:23 AM.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

  6. #106
    Azeroth emerges as a Premie and we have to take her to the Great Titan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on the far edge of the universe!

    I admit the mental images of this fanfic is one of my favorites in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Well devs said she was closest thing to a deity in wow there is. Also she doesn't have a version of herself in the first ones database like the eternals of the shadowlands do, like how we fight the stored version of the eternals in the raid, if she was in of them wouldn't we be fighting elune too in the 9.2 raid? And while she calls her sister that doesn't mean they are equals. Elune could be something totally different, like a what winter queen is based off of, I mean winter queen did ask her for help, maybe elune is even a god compared to the eternals
    There are supposed to be other Zereths then the one we are in. As this one is mainly in charge of keeping the realm of Death in order Elune was probably from a different one like either life or light

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Azeroth emerges as a Premie and we have to take her to the Great Titan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on the far edge of the universe!

    I admit the mental images of this fanfic is one of my favorites in a while.
    ...as long as our sky mommy retains her right to choose not to send us to the other Shadowlands, I'm down for this.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Yup, Velen would totally let Draenei warlocks be a thing. He would have no issue with that whatsoever.
    Not saying this is true, but Blizzard would happily overule Velen and any lore-based class restrictions.

  10. #110
    Tinkers mentioned so this is fan fiction

  11. #111
    As i've said in another thread about what the next xpac is(that was something very different than this), I believe all of it. Lets go!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    !The dude got to lead the covenant forces in Zereth Mortis . Why ? when did he get in charge? Only Danuser knows
    Because we wouldn't have gotten any of our guys back from Torghast without him and he's actually been leading us this entire expansion? I find the guys who complain the more about the story understand it the least. "Why does he get to lead us in ZM", you say? Besides the fact he's been our leader this whole xpac already?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because we wouldn't have gotten any of our guys back from Torghast without him and he's actually been leading us this entire expansion? I find the guys who complain the more about the story understand it the least. "Why does he get to lead us in ZM", you say? Besides the fact he's been our leader this whole xpac already?
    He's been " our " leader, yes. Not the covenant one.

    The primus was issuing order in Korthia, but when do Bolvar was entitled to lead the Fae, the Venthyr, the Necrolords and the Kyrian? Sorry but there is a missing step there.

  14. #114
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,803
    Everything else aside, the idea of Airships for housing sounds really great.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by throwawakenings View Post
    [*]The Jailer will NOT be defeated at the end of Shadowlands, apparently he will end up in a similar fashion as Sargeras - imprisoned or else



    "The Jailer, he who tormented so many, who long ago set in motion the plague of undeath in our world, has finally been destroyed."



    Already debunked

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Guy that fights with his fists in medical fantasy..so silly doesn't fit

    Guy fighting with a rocket launcher...fits perfectly
    Chiropractors exist.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-21 at 10:04 PM.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Not saying this is true, but Blizzard would happily overule Velen and any lore-based class restrictions.
    Pretty much this. If anyone needed reassurances that blizzard doesn't care about lore-based restrictions, just take a look at ZTroll warlocks. Oh wait...

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    He's been " our " leader, yes. Not the covenant one.

    The primus was issuing order in Korthia, but when do Bolvar was entitled to lead the Fae, the Venthyr, the Necrolords and the Kyrian? Sorry but there is a missing step there.
    The Primus took over late in Korthia, after we'd already done most of the work and saved him, yeah. I'm not really sure what argument you're trying to make. That Bolvar isn't the leader of any of the covenants therefore he's not qualified to lead us in Zereth Mortis even though he's been our commander all of the expansion?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Chiropractors exist.
    Even in lore. See orcs. =-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Not saying this is true, but Blizzard would happily overule Velen and any lore-based class restrictions.
    As seen with the void elves, they wouldn't even have to go as far as overruling Velen. They could just make a splinter group. Technically this is what warlocks have been the entire game. Hiding out in the basements of pubs or in caves underground keeping out of sight of the authorities.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  19. #119
    Elune, the Winter Queen's "sister" is apparently Azeroth?

    Gotta love "leaks" lol

  20. #120
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Elune, the Winter Queen's "sister" is apparently Azeroth?

    Gotta love "leaks" lol
    Hey, with Danuser "writing", it wouldn't surprise me if he tried something like that. He knows nothing about Warcraft. He retconned all the Warcraft out of WOW, and made it his own personal fanfic. With the pulled-out-of-his-ass retcon generic Walmart Thanos, with no story beyond "tall bald man with nipples is evil", but "oh he goes back to Warcraft 3". Bullshit.

    Endwalker just made RP walking up a staircase 100,000x more impactful than anything Danuser has ever dreamed of (no spoilers, but anyone who has gotten to that point will know what I'm talking about).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •