Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Hey, with Danuser "writing", it wouldn't surprise me if he tried something like that. He knows nothing about Warcraft. He retconned all the Warcraft out of WOW, and made it his own personal fanfic. With the pulled-out-of-his-ass retcon generic Walmart Thanos, with no story beyond "tall bald man with nipples is evil", but "oh he goes back to Warcraft 3". Bullshit.

Endwalker just made RP walking up a staircase 100,000x more impactful than anything Danuser has ever dreamed of (no spoilers, but anyone who has gotten to that point will know what I'm talking about).
    Having finished EW, all I can say is those stairs WRECKED me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Well she does not need to be a literal sister since she isn't that anyways since the death Pantheon was created in a first one machine... and Elune was not made from the same machine. (But maybe she was made in a first one machine in the Life Lands, however there is still a possibility that these more "chaos-based" cosmic powers like void, fel & life work differently)

Elune and the Winter Queen are just the connection between Life and Death.

They still could make Elune Azeroth... but that seems very unlikely.
    Granted, they're not literally sisters... unless they were both conceived by the machines of the first ones. Regardless, the implication of the phrase "sisters" with the context especially given in SL is that Elune is a creation of the first ones. There's nothing to suggest yet that Azeroth is a creation of theirs.

Man people aren't even putting effort into these fake leaks anymore. At least they were an entertaining and believable read back in the day, now we just get lumped with this shit.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Hey, with Danuser "writing", it wouldn't surprise me if he tried something like that. He knows nothing about Warcraft. He retconned all the Warcraft out of WOW, and made it his own personal fanfic. With the pulled-out-of-his-ass retcon generic Walmart Thanos, with no story beyond "tall bald man with nipples is evil", but "oh he goes back to Warcraft 3". Bullshit.

Endwalker just made RP walking up a staircase 100,000x more impactful than anything Danuser has ever dreamed of (no spoilers, but anyone who has gotten to that point will know what I'm talking about).
    It's not just Danuser, the game designers as well lack in so many ways when it comes to immersion, Even if they had someone who comes up with a decent story for once, you can bet your ass the guys that script the ingame scene would forget to phase it and while some major lore thing happens before your eyes some tauren twat on his mammoth mount would block your view along with a giant clusterfuck of clipping player models strewn around it. My favorite example of this was the heart chamber in BfA which was just a giant fucking mess and bringing back stuff like your latest upgrade to enahance the forge lost all it's flair because of it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone so obsessed with the Tinker class?
    It makes sense for only gnomes and goblins and would just be a watered down hunter/warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, they're not literally sisters... unless they were both conceived by the machines of the first ones. Regardless, the implication of the phrase "sisters" with the context especially given in SL is that Elune is a creation of the first ones. There's nothing to suggest yet that Azeroth is a creation of theirs.
    If that would be the reason why they are sisters, Elune would be also a sister to the other Eternals of death but she is only sister to the Winter Queen. So they are probably sisters in the way that they are the connection between the cosmic powers.

It would only work if they decide to go with that weird idea that the "Main Universe" (Great Dark Beyond) actually *is* the plane of life. Which wouldn't fit at all with either cosmology chart (which puts our reality in the middle of all six forces).

Elune, the Winter Queen's "sister" is apparently Azeroth?

Gotta love "leaks" lol
    Given the standard of the current writing, it would fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    It makes sense for only gnomes and goblins and would just be a watered down hunter/warlock
    Becouse everyone wants a Tinker class until we get one, then it will constant complaining over them not being fun or to weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    because there's an extremely small, yet extremely vocal minority of the posters here that get triggered by the mere mentioning of that word and go apeshit insane for it. They will come at you with Karen levels of 'force it in your face' attitude, because it's somehow wrong of you to not like the shittiest class idea in existence, all the while expecting blizz to somehow listen and care about some random 'special' posters on this website. There's always massive salt every expansion release as to why there's no tinktard class from these posters, and there will be massive amounts of salf if blizz would even do it, as it would be entirely done wrong.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Always great to hear MMOC users moan about Danuser, because they are unable to actually read and understand the lore.

The cringe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it’s the last WC3 hero not associated with a class. They were also heavily teased in BFA, and it’s a theme that isn’t present in the class lineup.

Also it isn’t only associated with Goblins and Gnomes. Draenei and Nightborne have shown examples of more naaru and arcane-based technology via their artificers, and Dwarves have a pretty long history of tech use. (Steam tanks, Gyro Copters, Airplanes).

As for it being a watered down Hunter/Warlock, that is unlikely. Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters all received their ultimate abilities from WC3. The Tinker's ultimate ability was the ability to hop inside a vehicle/mech. This ability was a toggle, much like a Druid form, so the Tinker could remain in the mecha for as long as they wanted, or hop out of the mech and fight as a goblin. We've seen this translated into various NPCs like Mekkatorque and Gazlowe who fight inside mechs, and use various mech-associated abilities.

Translated into a class, that opens up a very novel style of gameplay where you have a character fighting inside a vehicle. That opens up quite a variety of new gameplay options currently unavailable to the existing lineup. It certainly wouldn't be a "watered down Warlock/Hunter".
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-23 at 02:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...the staircase was something else.

Allow me.
    *Turrets
    *Mechsuit
    *Napalm strikes
    *Shoulder mounted gatling guns/rocket launchers
    *Grenades
    *Explosive sheep/squirrels or any other animal really.
    *Cooldown spells that turn your mechsuit into a tank, making you stationary but enabling you
    to launch massive attacks on targets.

To name a few, now will that happen? Probably not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its some kind fetish of every geek that was abused by dumb fit muscle guys at school, its something aka virtual revenge on childhood offenders mosty found in Ironman fans.

They dream about fight between medieval warrior vs mecha monster, after fight once orc body stops moving goblin comes out of mech and takes big load of shit on chest of said orc, then goblin says something like "And where all of your muscles now? Andy!"

Basically they just want turn WOW into Warhammer 40k.

Edit:hunter/warlock not fit for said dreams:
    1) since Warlock is thin and Andy would beat him to pulp even in dreams.
    2) Hunter is not an option, not easy to force geek to go out in forest and touch some grass.
    3) Tinker is perfect, sits at home while making a mech, imaginary IQ over 9000, Andy has no chances vs that thing.

Some very hard cases even speculate that Tinkers do everything without blueprints, just image hippocampus in size of horse.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-12-23 at 06:24 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Its some kind fetish of every geek that was abused by dumb fit muscle guys at school, its something aka virtual revenge on childhood offenders mosty found in Ironman fans.

They dream about fight between medieval warrior vs mecha monster, after fight once orc body stops moving goblin comes out of mech and takes big load of shit on chest of said orc, then goblin says something like "And where all of your muscles now? Andy!"

Hah, and necromancers were just the edgy depressed kids afraid of real blood

7+ Year Old Account

[/IMG]

I mean, Warcraft stole a lot from Warhammer already.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get this take. Like, why are we ignoring the fact that this was in WC3 (the source of all WoW expansion classes);

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

And this is in WoW;

People aren't just making this up from thin air. They see this stuff in game from Blizzard themselves and they want to play it. What's wrong with that?

Let's rename this obviously fake leak to tinker thread and get it over with

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Becouse everyone wants a Tinker class until we get one, then it will constant complaining over them not being fun or to weak.
    That happens with every class. It's not unreasonable to want your class to be viable.
    I very much doubt they won't be fun. I could say that about WoW classes in general (it's a personal opinion based on other mmo's i played, but ultimately subjective), but it will be about as fun as all the other WoW classes.

People forget, but every class doesn't need to appeal to everyone, otherwise there would be no point in classes. You could just have one tank, one healer and one dps. Classes are a way to introduce a unique gameplay style and/or fantasy. They are not designed to appeal to everyone. Most players prefer one class or another versus the rest.

Some players don't like DK, or monk or demon hunter and it can go for every class. I tend not to like rogue very much myself. But, theres quite a few players that love rogue and don't play anything else.
    That is why there is nothing wrong with adding classes. It adds more, doesn't subtract. If you don't like, don't play. Maybe the next one will be more your thing, or you just prefer to stick to what you like. That is the system working as intended.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-23 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That happens with every class. It's not unreasonable to want your class to be viable.
    I very much doubt they won't be fun. I could say that about WoW classes in general (it's a personal opinion based on other mmo's i played, but ultimately subjective), but it will be about as fun as all the other WoW classes.

People forget, but every class doesn't need to appeal to everyone, otherwise there would be no point in classes. You could just have one tank, one healer and one dps. Classes are a way to introduce a unique gameplay style and/or fantasy. They are not designed to appeal to everyone. Most players prefer one class or another versus the rest.

Some players don't like DK, or monk or demon hunter and it can go for every class. I tend not to like rogue very much myself. But, theres quite a few players that love rogue and don't play anything else.
    That is why there is nothing wrong with adding classes. It adds more, doesn't subtract. If you don't like, don't play. Maybe the next one will be more your thing, or you just prefer to stick to what you like. That is the system working as intended.
    To piggyback off of this, it's also important for Blizzard to bring in a class that uses a theme outside of the current class lineup. There are potential players who like tech/steampunk classes in fantasy games, and have no option currently in WoW. Bringing in such a class could in turn make those potential players new subscribers.