Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But the Draenei are those who followed Velen to escape from the demons taking their homeworld.. And then from Draenor to escape demons again.
    The Draenei are not going to start using the magic of the people responsible for tearing apart their families especially when they know it's corrupting.
    doesnt that argument work for every single race that has warlocks seeing as demons have attempted to kill all of them. Orcs REALLY hate demons after the whole blood of manno thing why wouldn't orc warlocks be banned for the same reason?

Draenei are full of scientists, engineers, artificers and other non holy wielding individuals. Choosing to leave Argus with Velen thousands of years beforehand because you saw the writing on the wall doesn't mean you wouldn't want to understand fel magic and its power in order to use it in your favor. Even more so many of the remaining draenei were not the ones that left the planet with Velen. Many (I assume) were born after the events of argus and have only remained with Velen cause he was the defacto leader not because of the holy words he preached like his initial followers.

Edit: its not like I'm expecting it to be widely accepted in their culture it would be like how human warlocks hid in basements so no one else knew. Small grps of draenei wanting to get revenge for what happened to their families and homes by learning how to bend demons to their will and use their very evident strength against them.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2021-12-07 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Wasn't the consensus that Danuser already "fucked this up" by making her the Winter Queen's "counterpart in the Realms of Life" rather than, well.. whatever she was before?

There's always been more evidence to suggest Elune and Azeroth could have been the same being than there ever was about some Winter Queen in the Shadowlands.

Chronicles describes the Kaldorei having perceived her as living within the Well of Eternity during the day, and coming out at Night.
    Odd stuff there that might be revealed in 9.2 really.
    "Whatever she was before" was unknown and speculation. She was a god, only because the NEs didn't really know. Everything can change base on new information or perspective. Nothing really changes what Elune is, just our understanding of what she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Why is monks being a class goofy?
    Guy that fights with his fists in medical fantasy..so silly doesn't fit

Guy fighting with a rocket launcher...fits perfectly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    "Whatever she was before" was unknown and speculation. She was a god, only because the NEs didn't really know. Everything can change base on new information or perspective. Nothing really changes what Elune is, just our understanding of what she is.
    Well devs said she was closest thing to a deity in wow there is. Also she doesn't have a version of herself in the first ones database like the eternals of the shadowlands do, like how we fight the stored version of the eternals in the raid, if she was in of them wouldn't we be fighting elune too in the 9.2 raid? And while she calls her sister that doesn't mean they are equals. Elune could be something totally different, like a what winter queen is based off of, I mean winter queen did ask her for help, maybe elune is even a god compared to the eternals
    Last edited by Begrudge; 2021-12-08 at 04:23 AM.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Azeroth emerges as a Premie and we have to take her to the Great Titan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on the far edge of the universe!

I admit the mental images of this fanfic is one of my favorites in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Well devs said she was closest thing to a deity in wow there is. Also she doesn't have a version of herself in the first ones database like the eternals of the shadowlands do, like how we fight the stored version of the eternals in the raid, if she was in of them wouldn't we be fighting elune too in the 9.2 raid? And while she calls her sister that doesn't mean they are equals. Elune could be something totally different, like a what winter queen is based off of, I mean winter queen did ask her for help, maybe elune is even a god compared to the eternals
    There are supposed to be other Zereths then the one we are in. As this one is mainly in charge of keeping the realm of Death in order Elune was probably from a different one like either life or light

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Azeroth emerges as a Premie and we have to take her to the Great Titan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on the far edge of the universe!

I admit the mental images of this fanfic is one of my favorites in a while.
    ...as long as our sky mommy retains her right to choose not to send us to the other Shadowlands, I'm down for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Yup, Velen would totally let Draenei warlocks be a thing. He would have no issue with that whatsoever.
    Not saying this is true, but Blizzard would happily overule Velen and any lore-based class restrictions.

Tinkers mentioned so this is fan fiction

As i've said in another thread about what the next xpac is(that was something very different than this), I believe all of it. Lets go!

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    !The dude got to lead the covenant forces in Zereth Mortis . Why ? when did he get in charge? Only Danuser knows
    Because we wouldn't have gotten any of our guys back from Torghast without him and he's actually been leading us this entire expansion? I find the guys who complain the more about the story understand it the least. "Why does he get to lead us in ZM", you say? Besides the fact he's been our leader this whole xpac already?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because we wouldn't have gotten any of our guys back from Torghast without him and he's actually been leading us this entire expansion? I find the guys who complain the more about the story understand it the least. "Why does he get to lead us in ZM", you say? Besides the fact he's been our leader this whole xpac already?
    He's been " our " leader, yes. Not the covenant one.

The primus was issuing order in Korthia, but when do Bolvar was entitled to lead the Fae, the Venthyr, the Necrolords and the Kyrian? Sorry but there is a missing step there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything else aside, the idea of Airships for housing sounds really great.

Quote Originally Posted by throwawakenings View Post
    [*]The Jailer will NOT be defeated at the end of Shadowlands, apparently he will end up in a similar fashion as Sargeras - imprisoned or else

"The Jailer, he who tormented so many, who long ago set in motion the plague of undeath in our world, has finally been destroyed."

Already debunked

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Guy that fights with his fists in medical fantasy..so silly doesn't fit

Guy fighting with a rocket launcher...fits perfectly
    Chiropractors exist.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-21 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Not saying this is true, but Blizzard would happily overule Velen and any lore-based class restrictions.
    Pretty much this. If anyone needed reassurances that blizzard doesn't care about lore-based restrictions, just take a look at ZTroll warlocks. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    He's been " our " leader, yes. Not the covenant one.

The primus was issuing order in Korthia, but when do Bolvar was entitled to lead the Fae, the Venthyr, the Necrolords and the Kyrian? Sorry but there is a missing step there.
    The Primus took over late in Korthia, after we'd already done most of the work and saved him, yeah. I'm not really sure what argument you're trying to make. That Bolvar isn't the leader of any of the covenants therefore he's not qualified to lead us in Zereth Mortis even though he's been our commander all of the expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Chiropractors exist.
    Even in lore. See orcs. =-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    As seen with the void elves, they wouldn't even have to go as far as overruling Velen. They could just make a splinter group. Technically this is what warlocks have been the entire game. Hiding out in the basements of pubs or in caves underground keeping out of sight of the authorities.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Elune, the Winter Queen's "sister" is apparently Azeroth?

Gotta love "leaks" lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post

Gotta love "leaks" lol
    Hey, with Danuser "writing", it wouldn't surprise me if he tried something like that. He knows nothing about Warcraft. He retconned all the Warcraft out of WOW, and made it his own personal fanfic. With the pulled-out-of-his-ass retcon generic Walmart Thanos, with no story beyond "tall bald man with nipples is evil", but "oh he goes back to Warcraft 3". Bullshit.

Endwalker just made RP walking up a staircase 100,000x more impactful than anything Danuser has ever dreamed of (no spoilers, but anyone who has gotten to that point will know what I'm talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post

Gotta love "leaks" lol
    Well she does not need to be a literal sister since she isn't that anyways since the death Pantheon was created in a first one machine... and Elune was not made from the same machine. (But maybe she was made in a first one machine in the Life Lands, however there is still a possibility that these more "chaos-based" cosmic powers like void, fel & life work differently)

Elune and the Winter Queen are just the connection between Life and Death.

They still could make Elune Azeroth... but that seems very unlikely.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-12-22 at 11:47 PM.