Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Updated terms of agreement.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-today/1145289

"I get this screen upon turning on my PC and launching battle.net

blizzard.com

Terms Of Sale - Legal – Blizzard Entertainment 4
    View Blizzard legal terms and agreements.

You should carefully read these Terms of Sale (“Terms of Sale“), which govern any purchase you make from Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliates (“Blizzard”), including any purchases made through Battle.net® ([https://us.battle.net/login/en/(http...t/login/en/)]) or the Battle.net® Shop (https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us). By making a purchase from Blizzard, you agree to be bound by this legal contract, and you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years old or that you have the permission from your parents or a legal guardian to enter into this legal contract. If you do not agree to these Terms of Sale, do not make a purchase from Blizzard.

Section C –Digital Content and Services

Orders for Digital Content and Services.
    By placing an order on the Battle.net Shop, you are submitting a binding offer to purchase digital content, such as digital versions of Blizzard interactive games and digital content for Blizzard products (“Digital Content”) or services from Blizzard. Blizzard is not liable to you, nor will be in breach of contract, for any loss or damage as a direct or indirect result of Blizzard’s failure or delayed performance or impossibility to perform by circumstances beyond Blizzard’s reasonable control. Based upon your billing address, Blizzard will collect sales tax on your behalf and remit payment to the state government in states where digital goods are taxable.

Your order is accepted, and a contract concluded once Blizzard has sent you a Confirmation Email (“Confirmation Email”). YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF BLIZZARD’S SERVICES BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS SENT

read the fine print in bolded

there you have it, it seems after people trying to get refunds on the transmog/murloc backpack they updated this.

So from here on out if you buy anything from their in game store, you agree that should it ever disappear from your collections, you accept and understand they are not liable for your damages, but they will resolve it in due time."

so have fun stating your opinions on the matter.
    i think its stupid.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

theres more important things in the world to worry about than some generic eula.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    theres more important things in the world to worry about than some generic eula.
    ya, like blizzard trying to deny refunds to people for broken services.

I'm not really versed in legalese at all, but is this actually some sort of no-refund policy? It doesn't look like it to me.

By placing an order on the Battle.net Shop, you are submitting a binding offer to purchase digital content, such as digital versions of Blizzard interactive games and digital content for Blizzard products (“Digital Content”) or services from Blizzard. Blizzard is not liable to you, nor will be in breach of contract, for any loss or damage as a direct or indirect result of Blizzard’s failure or delayed performance or impossibility to perform by circumstances beyond Blizzard’s reasonable control.
    "If you purchase something off the store, we'll give it to you. But in the event that some weird shit happens and what you ordered can't be given to you in a timely manner, or becomes impossible to give to you, you can't sue us."

YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF BLIZZARD’S SERVICES BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS SENT
    "Once you receive the confirmation email (read: receipt) for the purchase of your item, you have officially legally purchased that item."

Neither of those sound to me like "Once you buy something off the store, that's it; it's yours now forever, no take-backsies." But again, I don't actually know anything about this sort of legal stuff. Maybe I'm the one that's wrong. In either case, whether I'm misunderstanding something about the ToA and this is something openly skeevy of Blizzard, or this is just some MMO-C poster's silly misunderstanding trying to make a stink about something benign, I'd be equally unsurprised.

I mean, yeah, obviously. Don't ever preorder, I think we should have established that by now.

I don't know whats wrong with the cosmetics right now, but in general you should think before you buy. If your local law says otherwise, you're lucky. But in general Blizzard shouldn't have to leap through hoops to erase a mistake made by the buyer.

I don't get it.

So you bought the transmog from the store and it didn't work or what?
    How is that even possible?

I have engaged with Blizzard customer services a few times (due to account hacks) and my friends talked to them regarding refunding unplayed paid subs.
    I both had my stuff restored and they had their game time refunded.

I don't know why Blizz wouldn't refund your "not working" (however the fuck that happens) transmog when they refund months of unplayed gametime even (if you didn't actually play/log in).
    If you actually write to them they are very helpful.

Are people really refunding store cosmetics over a bug that gets resolved in a matter of days? Or enough people that you think that alone inspired them to change some legal nonsense? Somehow I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    "If you purchase something off the store, we'll give it to you. But in the event that some weird shit happens and what you ordered can't be given to you in a timely manner, or becomes impossible to give to you, you can't sue us."
    In most countries that would not hold up in court, you can't simply contract out of local laws lol... This means absolutely nothing.

Even for MMO-C this is reaching for the Blizzard hates its customers angle. If you got hit with this, you're not the kind of customer Blizzard needs to have. (Who the fuck refunds cosmetics?) You're better off unsubscribing and playing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Even for MMO-C this is reaching for the Blizzard hates its customers angle. If you got hit with this, you're not the kind of customer Blizzard needs to have. (Who the fuck refunds cosmetics?) You're better off unsubscribing and playing something else.
    it doesnt sound like just cosmetic stuff.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Are people really refunding store cosmetics over a bug that gets resolved in a matter of days? Or enough people that you think that alone inspired them to change some legal nonsense? Somehow I doubt it.
    It feels more aimed towards preorders to stop something like warcraft 3 refunded from occurring again. Blizzard doesn't want to take a loss from a rushed product again from the looks of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It sounds more aimed at refunded pre orders rather then cosmetics.

I did an analysis on the US version of this terms of sale , comparing the old one with the new one -

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...dated-nov-12th

Summary of changes :
    * Gear store stuff yeeted to orbit as the gear store has it's own terms of sale
    * New Blizzard refund policy added , formalizing guidelines the CS have been following internally anyway
    * Disputes resolution policy linked in. Of note the one they linked was last updated in 2015 so it's a policy the US has had for 6 years
    * Certain things taken out and put in due to needing to agree to the Blizzard EULA.
    * Wording and captain obvious clarifications added.

The needing to agree to the Blizzard EULA for the purchase of digital content and services of Blizzard's is kind of obvious once you think about it. Blizzard's EULA covers "the platform" which is defined to essentially mean all software and websites and services Blizzard offers. It's not possible to purchases something directly with Blizzard and not be using something that's defined as part of the platform covered by Blizzard's EULA.

Hence why certain things were taken out - they're already covered by the EULA that you need to agree to to use the platform on which to make a purchase so ... they get yeeted to orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    there you have it, it seems after people trying to get refunds on the transmog/murloc backpack they updated this.
    Well no not really.

* The bolded section you quote was part of the old Terms of Sale. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's always been there.
    * Blizzard have been wanting to get the terms of sale updated for quite some time it has nothing to do with people trying to get refunds.
    * Since you need to use Blizzard's platform in order to make the purchase , your bound to the EULA while doing so. And the EULA already makes allowances for local consumer law.
    * Your looking at things out of context. That's why the very Terms of Sale you quoted from says to read the EULA alongside reading the terms of sale.
    * There's an official refund policy - they've changed their stance on the whole "all digital sales are final , no refunds" thing

Guys, where can I find Blizzard's updated FAQ in general?

Everyone getting all up in arms over this new wording, but they keep skipping over the important part:

circumstances beyond Blizzard’s reasonable control.
    This means DDoS attacks, the internet going down, or anything outside of Blizzard's control.

It does NOT mean software bugs, server problems, or anything within Blizzard's control.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Just watching the house burn down.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    ya, like blizzard trying to deny refunds to people for broken services.
    We really need to see, across the board, better legal rights for consumers where digital products are concerned.

Once I saw the term binding agreement all I could think of was Tom Cruise from Tropic Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    We really need to see, across the board, better legal rights for consumers where digital products are concerned.
    Agreed.

If you buy something, say a PS4, in the EU that will come with a 2 year warranty. But if you bought that PS3 in NA it comes with a 60 day warranty. The laws here aren't consumer friendly at all.

In the EU you can't sign yourself out of your rights guaranteed by law as a person. So Blizzard's EULA and TOS are worth nothing if they don't give you at least the same rights as the law guarantees you.
    Companies might give you more rights as proscribed by law, but they can never give you less.

Regarding refunds in the EU then you have no right to get a refund if you bought your goods in a physical shop - you have a right to get your goods repaired, replaced and if that doesn't help - then refunded - within a 2 year period. You don't have a right to "try stuff out", but many shops give you that extra right - for example Christmas presents.
    You DO have a right of 14 day refund if you bought your good online or distance (phone etc.), but NOT for digital goods - streaming and games. (there are actually more categories of stuff bought online that don't have the right for refund, but that is not relevant here).
    Blizzard's products fall clearly with the no-right-for-refund-if-they-work-as-advertised within the EU, no matter if you bought them physically (very old school in the EU) or online.

Added:
    EU, and many EU countries, have public organizations that help consumers with getting what is their right from private companies. So as a "the little man" I know that I can get help from some big guns if a company tries to fuck me over.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-12-06 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    i agree but both political sides has issues with compromising.

how is that even shocking LOL ?