Does it ever get boring living in places without proper seasons?

Currently visiting my father in Spain when I realized something. There are no proper seasons in this part of the country. It's just different temperatures and different kinds of warm weather.

As someone living in a country (Sweden) with vastly different climate and looks in environment in spring, summer, autumn and winter, I think I'd get bored quite easily with nature and everything looking the same all year.

Is this a thing or are people so used to it looking the same it doesn't bother them? I love fall and winter the most. It's so comfy with all the leaves on the ground and then it's all white and that awesome cold hitting your cheeks, just to then feel the spring sun warm you up before hitting the beach at summer

I definitely prefer having the distinct seasons, adds such a lot of variety even if the extreme end of the temperatures are unpleasant. autumn and spring tend to be my favourites but they all have their appeal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I definitely prefer having the distinct seasons, adds such a lot of variety even if the extreme end of the temperatures are unpleasant. autumn and spring tend to be my favourites but they all have their appeal
    I'm in the same boat. Autumn and Spring, yet Summer and Winter are nice too. I used to like Winter the most, but then I got a car, and Winter got demoted, the bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

For me, yes. I really disliked living in Florida for a time. I spent some time in Southern California as well. However, I was not as bothered by the lack of seasons because traveling in any direction for a day in California is a drastically different biome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I live we have 9 months of Summer and then 3 months of Autumn.

Not boring, more like you have ~6 months of living in hell every year, hugging AC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Currently visiting my father in Spain when I realized something. There are no proper seasons in this part of the country. It's just different temperatures and different kinds of warm weather.

As someone living in a country (Sweden) with vastly different climate and looks in environment in spring, summer, autumn and winter, I think I'd get bored quite easily with nature and everything looking the same all year.

Is this a thing or are people so used to it looking the same it doesn't bother them? I love fall and winter the most. It's so comfy with all the leaves on the ground and then it's all white and that awesome cold hitting your cheeks, just to then feel the spring sun warm you up before hitting the beach at summer
    Its sort of a running joke about people who move away from NJ.

There are two things they miss. The Pizza, and the Seasons.

And really, we do get the best and worst of all the seasons. But even facing the worst at times, we still love it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Wich part of Spain are you in? The typical mediterranean clima has warm summers and cold winters. I don't live far, i am portuguese, whille snow is not has common has in scandinavia we do have snow sometimes. All seasons are here, the yearly termal amplitude of mediterranean clima is around 40ºC, temperatures going over 40ºC in summer and below 0ºC in winter.

Here in my town we normally joke that we have 7 month's of winter and 3 month's of hell, the other 2 month's are spring and autum.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love seasonal themes but I hate any variance from my perfect conditions. Which is maybe around 25C and just a little moisture in the air and a few clouds to block out a little sunlight. Life would be boring without any environmental changes but it doesn't have to be "worse" overall in any significant sense because people can always find ways to make things work regardless of their environment.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-01-09 at 06:56 PM.

Truly fuck the winter and the snow, the winter cold I used to endure is quite bad. It was fun as a kid since everyday was a snow and ice party, but I suspect it gets boring for adults pretty quickly with all the extra logistics especially if you own a car.

Maybe I would change my mind after heatwave or two, I don't know, but I can see myself living somewhere in Los Angeles or Australia. Clear sky, warm weather, starry nights.. What else is out there in life, other than just enjoy myself.

I currently live in country where it doesn't get too cold nor too warm. The only thing I'm missing is my summer/autumn stargazing sessions. To have no stars to look up to is truly debilitating experience. But hey, traveling is easy now, maybe it's sooner than later

Sounds far more convinient to live in a always cold/hot sort of place... at least you get used to it, makes buying cloth much easier as well.

Living currently around Paris, at the moment it is pretty boring and depressive for the weather. It's 90 percent cold and wet. No snow so far for this year but I'm hoping there will be a change at the last week of winter.