Legion Timewalking Mage Tower and Mythic+ Now Live

Legion Timewalking Mage Tower and Mythic+ Now Live
    Legion Timewalking is now live in NA and EU! The event will run for 4 weeks until January 4th.

Legion Timewalking Mage Tower
    The Mage Tower challenges return with new cosmetic rewards!

Soaring Spelltome Mount
    The Soaring Spelltome mount is the reward for completing A Tour of Towers.

Blizzard's Preview: Mage Tower in Legion Timewalking
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    When first introduced in Legion, the Mage Tower challenged players to conquer unique solo class-specific encounters. Legion Timewalking brings back the excitement with all-new rewards to obtain, and a chance to prove your tenacity. Are you a master of your class? It's time to put your knowledge and skill to the test once more!

Gaining Access to the Mage Tower
    While the Legion Timewalking event is active, you may travel to the Broken Isles and reach the Broken Shore from Dalaran. There, at Deliverance Point, you'll be able to enter the tower and engage in a challenge meant to test your skills. There are seven encounters available, and your specialization will determine which challenge you'll face. The challenges are:

An Impossible Foe: Defeat Agatha, the Imp Mother in her lair. This challenge is available to Elemental Shaman, Feral Druids, Fire Mages, Fury Warriors, Outlaw Rogues, and Unholy Death Knights.

Closing the Eye: Defeat Archmage Xylem at the Eye of Eternity. This challenge is available to Arms Warriors, Frost Death Knights, Havoc Demon Hunters, Subtlety Rogues, and Survival Hunters.

End of the Risen Threat: Defeat Lord Erdris Thorn in BlackRook Hold. This challenge is available to Holy Paladins, Holy Priests, Mistweaver Monks, Restoration Druids, and Restoration Shaman.

Feltotem's Fall: Defeat Tugar Bloodtotem in Highmountain. This challenge is available to Beast Mastery Hunters, Destruction Warlocks, Discipline Priests, and Windwalker Monks.

The God-Queen's Fury: Defeat Sygrin in the Halls of Valor. This challenge is available to Arcane Mages, Assassination Rogues, Demonology Warlocks, Enhancement Shaman, and Retribution Paladins.

The Highlord's Return: Defeat Highlord Kruul in the Twisting Nether. This challenge is available to Blood Death Knights, Brewmaster Monks, Guardian Druids, Protection Paladins, Protection Warriors, and Vengeance Demon Hunters.

Thwarting the Twins: Defeat the twins Raest and Karam Magespear in the Twisting Nether. This challenge is available to Affliction Warlocks, Balance Druids, Frost Mages, Marksmanship Hunters, and Shadow Priests.

Keep mind that you will not be able to benefit from Legendary items or any other expansion-specific benefits like Covenant abilities when taking on these challenges, so plan accordingly!

Mage Tower Rewards
    Upon defeating one of the seven challenges with any class, you'll earn a Legion-themed transmogrification set to celebrate your accomplishment, as well as the achievement "A Towering Success".

Guardian Druids can earn an additional reward: the Druid Fel Werebear Form, inspired by the original Mage Tower reward.

Completing all seven challenges will earn you the "A Tour of Towers" achievement, as well as the wondrous Soaring Spelltome mount. Knowledge is power, after all, and the Mage Tower does its fair share of knowledge testing. Master it and display this towering accomplishment.

Ready to take on the trials of the past? The Mage Tower remains available for as long as the Legion Timewalking event is active. Theres no time to waste, hero. Adventure calls . . . .

Legion Timewalking Mage Tower Spell Restrictions
    The following spells are flagged as disabled in the Mage Tower. Keep in mind some of these spells might be old or have gone unused since they were added back in Shadowlands Beta.

Legion Timewalking Mythic+ Dungeons
    Legion Timewalking also comes with a brand new mythic plus option for Legion Timewalking dungeons!

• Black Rook Hold
    • Court of Stars
    • Darkheart Thicket
    • Eye of Azshara
    • Neltharion's Lair
    • Vault of the Wardens

Legion Timewalking Mythic Plus Affix
    • Infernal - Infernal Beacons can be found near some bosses. Activating a Beacon or engaging a nearby boss will trigger a Legion invasion.

Blizzard's Preview: Timeworn Keystone Dungeons
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Prime your minds for a fel tangled chrono-spatial conundrum: Legion Timewalking is here!

Players will be able to adventure into six of Legion’s dungeons to reap new rewards all week during this week’s Bonus Event. Your character and items will be scaled down to a power level fitting for the challenge at hand, but bosses will yield loot appropriate for your regular level. Timewalking dungeons also have a chance to drop items that usually drop when you run them on Heroic difficulty, and you’ll earn reputation with a faction that is interested in the dungeon.

In addition, you can also complete Timeworn Keystone dungeons to earn powerful loot, as well as take on the challenges of the Mage Tower, available only while the event is active.

While the Event is Active

Look for the following all week long:

• Caretaker Kah'toll in Oribos has a quest for you. You can also start the quest from within the Adventure Guide (Shift-J).
      • Quest Requirement: Complete 5 Timewalking dungeons.
      • Rewards: One box containing a piece of gear from Normal difficulty Sanctum of Domination.
    • While Timewalking is active, you will gain a 50% bonus to reputations earned from quests and creature kills for all reputations associated with the corresponding expansion.

Simply open the Group Finder (default hotkey: I) and then select Dungeon Finder and Timewalking in the Type dropdown menu. Selecting Find Group will match you with other players and send you to one of the following Heroic dungeons:

Black Rook Hold
    Carved from the greatest mountain of Val'sharah by ancient elven masons, Black Rook Hold stood as a bulwark against the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients. The nigh-impregnable fortress is also the ancestral home of Lord Kur'talos Ravencrest, one-time mentor of Illidan himself. But since the latest Legion attack, a strange dark energy emanates from the Hold, and restless dead plague the surrounding lands.

Court of Stars
    Even as Legion troops patrol the streets, casting a pall over the grand city of Suramar, the socialites of the Nightborne nobility continue to cling to custom and routine. On this clear night, the cry of revelers echoes through the chill air, as the largest mansion in the Noble District opens its doors for a grand gala. Rumor has it that Grand Magistrix Elisande herself may be making an appearance, in an effort to reassure several of her closest allies despite recent turmoil.

Darkheart Thicket
    In the shadow of Shaladrassil, the Nightmare permeates every inch of the once-lush forest. Where the eldest and greatest druids once tended to the woods, meditating beneath the great world tree, corruption and madness now reign. Deep within the tangled thicket, the Nightmare Lord Xavius works to break the will of his greatest prize.

Eye of Azshara
    Amidst outlying shoals off the coast of Azsuna, an ancient source of power lies beneath the waves. Long ago, the power of Queen Azshara extended throughout these lands, and the naga seeking the Tidestone of Golganneth still act at her behest. As clouds roll in and the air crackles with the energy of an approaching storm, Azshara's followers prepare to summon an incarnation of her Wrath to lay waste to the land.

Neltharion's Lair
    The Earth Warder Neltharion, later known as Deathwing, once called this cavern home. Since his fall, the drogbar that once worshipped the great dragon built their capital within this ancient lair. Now, Dargrul, chieftain of the drogbar, rallies a massive army within these depths. Bolstered by the Hammer of Khaz'goroth, this army will surge from the mountainside if left unchecked, devastating Highmountain and threatening the security of all Azeroth.

Vault of the Wardens
    This secret Warden facility was carved into the mountainside deep in Azsuna, and sealed with magical wards both to keep intruders out, and to ensure that the terrors locked within could never escape. Many of the most dangerous foes the Wardens have encountered were locked away within the Vault, but in the aftermath of Cordana's betrayal and the Legion's attack, those creatures now roam the halls freely.

To learn more about each dungeon’s bosses, tips, and view the available loot, check out the Adventure Guide (Shift-J), select the Dungeons tab, then choose Legion from the drop-down menu.

Timeworn Keystones

If you're looking for a more challenging experience, you'll be able to take any Mythic Keystones you own to Ta'hsup in Oribos and exchange them for a Timeworn Keystone. Timeworn Keystones can be then used in one of the six Legion dungeons during the event, like you would with any Mythic Keystone. Timeworn Keystones at level 10 and above have a unique affix tied to Legion: Infernal. When this affix is active, Infernal Beacons can be found near some bosses. Activating a Beacon or engaging a nearby boss will trigger a Legion invasion.

Timeworn Keystone dungeons will be scaled up to your level, and the chest at the end of the run will drop gear from that dungeon at an item level appropriate to the Timeworn Keystone's difficulty. This gear can be upgraded with Valor Points and works just like any other max-level gear you can obtain from Mythic Keystone dungeons. Completing dungeons in this manner will contribute to your Great Vault progress, though Legion Timeworn Keystone items cannot appear as loot options when claiming weekly Great Vault rewards.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-12-14 at 09:59 PM.

Might have to subscribe for a month. Legion M+ is still the best iteration we've seen IMO, and the Mage Tower could be a laugh to experience again.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Why in the hell would you subscribe for 1 month just to play mage tower? This is insane lol.
    If this was aimed at me, it's because Legion M+ with the boys is well worth some WoW gold for me, & while MT might not last for long, it's going to be fun to experience it again. I've also not played 9.1 at all, so I can check that out why I'm here.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2021-12-07 at 06:13 PM.

Anyone know what kind of gear you need to do Mage tower?

Why in the hell would you subscribe for 1 month just to play mage tower? This is insane lol.

Lol, because his money isn't yours and maybe he enjoys the idea of the mage tower or legion m+?

Go for it dude, it looks awesome.
    Dropahammer - Paladin
    Dropakeg-Thrall - BrM Monk
    Dropagrip-Thrall - Blood DK

"Why would you pay money to do something you enjoy? This is insane."

Wut.

Can't wait to do legion m+ with all my friends and guildies!

Oh, wait, they are playing that shit ff MMO because wow is even worse atm.

sarcastic weee

It would still cost less going out to eat a pizza and drink a beer, one night out of 30 nights. Instead, he/she/they can enjoy the tower for a full month.

that mount looks awesome. THe mount we deserved if the community didnt vote for that shitty Tree !!!! Another example of why the community should not be in charge !

What item level roughly do you need to have to complete the mage tower challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    What item level roughly do you need to have to complete the mage tower challenges?
    I believe ilvl is all scaled down to 50. Its more about getting BiS TW pieces that are socketed or give your procs that aren't disabled like the BfA cloak

Lol mage tower already broken and overtuned for some classes. GARBAGE.

i dont see anything about older legendary weapons or tier sets? or were they already disabled with TW?

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, I've been seeing Alpaca Soul as drops from world bosses this week. Seems to be related to the Legion event.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    On another note, I've been seeing Alpaca Soul as drops from world bosses this week. Seems to be related to the Legion event.
    Nope, it's been dropping since 9.1.5 came out, it's a new Soulshape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Nope, it's been dropping since 9.1.5 came out, it's a new Soulshape.
    Then they must have hugely buffed the drop rate for the quest item (I was seeing walls of it this morning), because this is the first time I've seen it drop in-game for anyone in the PuGs I've been in. I know RNG is RNG, but to have it that bad such that my situation exists... that's quite strange.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

That paper is made out of memory foam

Hell yeah, I get to be rewarded my recolored, recolored again, remodified for legion, recolored-recolor of tier 6 from 2007. Fuck yeah.

Legion <3

First Timewalking I've done in a long long time.

My first Court of Stars m+ done in Shadowlands. Good times, good times!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-12-08 at 06:17 PM.

lol there goes the difficulty aspect of mage tower which made the original mage tower so much more enjoyable. Enjoy your free recolors.