Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You can also use 2x crusader enchant on your weapons that provide so much healing that you don't even have to use expel harm to keep yourself up. It's kinda busted.
    I believe the Crusader enchant's healing has been nerfed from the ~1.7-2k it was doing to the intended value of ~300. Still significant, but perhaps no longer worth it at the cost of, say, +42 agility proc or +6% damage proc when you're bursting down the worm after killing Tugar.

In any case, like I said, I'm done with 12/12 classes, I got my fel werebear and I got my book mount. I'm set
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing that's really important for Guardian in phase 1 is interrupting adds with intimidating shout at the right time.

I never used Barkskin or Ironfur until Kruul landed and only used Frenzied Regen once before Kruul landed and once during the fight with Kruul. The rest I healed with regrowths in boomkin form or light runes by the very end.

I also attacked the eyes with my moonfire procs multiple times on my kill and it was of no consequence.

It's honestly a rather forgiving fight once you learn the mechanics. But you absolutely need to kill Kruul before the 4th annihilate as bear or you'll be out of CD's to deal with the damage.

I never used the light runes until I already had 2 annihilate stacks so I could chain them in case of emergency to keep preventing annihilate
    In Legion I levelled a Guardian just for the appearance, was in basically all blues then did raid finder Antorus and got

https://www.wowhead.com/item=151978/...onus=3610:1472. Man this trinket was so OP I couldn't have done it without it, with all the chaos of the last phase it was so easy to get knocked off, but just using the trinket froze my character in place for 3 secs stopping me from the knockback and gave me a few secs to re-evaluate what the fuck to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Save Ascendance as well, it's a great emergency button for the last phase when you are losing control and everyone is low, just pop ascendance, top everyone including you, then sit on fire if you have the debuff and stay around 50%, that way you cannot die if he jumps and the npcs will easily survive. Again, you don't need any CDs for P6, you also only have to heal 2 of the 3 souls(last wave), 2 healing surges is usually enough to top them.

If you have that mechagon trinket that uses cards with the on use effect that deals damage, you can use it twice during the last phase.
    Thanks for help (at least someone does help instead just blaming someone). I did two trys after yesterdays raid and well, I got to 10% again with the whole place filled with shit and one time I wiped at 40%.

I think I will try to use BfA reater flask for more stat, get the blood sausage, using garrosh weapon and shield with low level enchants and gems. That should be an additional int of about 30-40 and will help a lot (I hope).

Yay, got my Spelltome last night, feels great. Took me quite a while to finish some challenges, but in the end I made it. From the ones I did, I'd rank them from easiest as elemental > windwalker > enhancement > vengeance > frost mage > resto shaman > frost dk (mind you, other than shaman I don't regularly play any of these, and my mage was level 50). Xylem was really really brutal for me, I tried it on havoc first but found it to be too difficult so I switched to frost DK (first had to go practice rotation at a training dummy lol), got it done after some 50ish attempts, basically when I could do every step perfectly.

My advice for dps challenges is to get the seed pod trinket from the first boss of Emerald Nightmare, and for healer challenge if you have engineering to use frag belt/soul trap. Oh and for vengeance one I used the Nighthold trinket that prevents you from getting 1-shot once, I still died in the end but the NPC and sigil finished off Kruul so that was lucky.

Honestly it was nice to have some challenging solo content in this game for once. I understand why a lot of people seem tilted with how it is (and for some of them it is with reason, I really think Xylem and healer challenges should be tuned a bit), but a lot of content in WoW is faceroll already... it's okay to have challenging things from time to time.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2021-12-15 at 10:32 AM.

4/7 after finishing BM Hunter challenge. Killing Tugar first and then beating the worm in the enrage was easier than wearing them both down. Now to the remaining 3 challenges for me (Xylem, Tank, Healer) - still have nightmares about them. :/

Surprised how rusty I was for priest and lock.
    Also I actually had to level my priest to 58 to unlock PI, which is a pretty dumb oversight. Wonder how many others I was missing a passive or ability from.

But they were fun. Did at least 2 specs for each class because I'm silly.
    Last edited by Tehalbino; 2021-12-15 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    4/7 after finishing BM Hunter challenge. Killing Tugar first and then beating the worm in the enrage was easier than wearing them both down. Now to the remaining 3 challenges for me (Xylem, Tank, Healer) - still have nightmares about them. :/
    I found the reverse true. I killed the worm then 1v1ed tugar with 20 something adds up. That said I didn't learn till later you could interupt shriek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'll say one thing: I used to think I was actually good at the game.. It took me flippin 3 hours to complete the dang Holy Paladin one... and supposedly it's the easiest one.

I know it probably depends on some extra things etc, but I really play this character (as in probably 4-6 hours a week) and I really though I knew what I was doing.

Phase 1 for me started as a train wreck, then after getting passed it I almost never failed, but getting all the way to the end and failing multiple 2% wipes was very daunting - I'll say one thing: Don't give up or get mad if you fail, you have time and have the ability to learn from it and try again, I am pretty sure I failed at least 20 times in that 3 hours and when you're at the VERY END of this 15 minutes of grind and fail it will make almost anyone super frustrated.

Maybe its me being an old person now vs me thinking I'm good enough like I used to be? (I have no idea, maybe I was always bad)

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'll say one thing: I used to think I was actually good at the game.. It took me flippin 3 hours to complete the dang Holy Paladin one... and supposedly it's the easiest one.

I know it probably depends on some extra things etc, but I really play this character (as in probably 4-6 hours a week) and I really though I knew what I was doing.

Phase 1 for me started as a train wreck, then after getting passed it I almost never failed, but getting all the way to the end and failing multiple 2% wipes was very daunting - I'll say one thing: Don't give up or get mad if you fail, you have time and have the ability to learn from it and try again, I am pretty sure I failed at least 20 times in that 3 hours and when you're at the VERY END of this 15 minutes of grind and fail it will make almost anyone super frustrated.

Maybe its me being an old person now vs me thinking I'm good enough like I used to be? (I have no idea, maybe I was always bad)
    Most likely the latter, but these challenges are a good thing for the player base since it's one of the few metrics to gauge ability that are somewhat practical.

Most of my wipes were due to him not spawning patches underneath on his first two leaps for whatever reason. On pally and monk I could just taunt, but others it was rather annoying. Always nice to read the hpriest nerfs after you've done it.

Felt like monk was easiest this go around for healers. Hpal maybe 2nd or 3rd behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I bet you didnt do them in second week of April 2017 when they first released, ofc they were easy in mid/late 2018 with +60 ilvl higher Antorus gear compared to Nighthold gear.
    thats a good question (can’t remember) and a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I bet you didnt do them in second week of April 2017 when they first released, ofc they were easy in mid/late 2018 with +60 ilvl higher Antorus gear compared to Nighthold gear.
    That wouldn't matter as much as you think. They were designed with Tomb gear in mind as the level Blizzard said they geared it for was about 890-900. So having Nighthold gear isn't exactly the bar for difficulty. Tomb gear was at about 885 / 890 for LFR then 900 - 910 for normal. So equating it to around those times would be more accurate.

Using Nighthold as a gauge would be more like lowering out levels to 45 and lowering our gear levels to that. Even normal Argus was around 915-925 so LFR was likely around 900-910 which is what level they were designed. The LFR gear is what most people had on their alts and such. So even Antorus gear was around its intended level.

What made it "broken" was the availability of more artifact traits and the conduits.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-12-16 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That wouldn't matter as much as you think. They were designed with Tomb gear in mind as the level Blizzard said they geared it for was about 890-900. So having Nighthold gear isn't exactly the bar for difficulty. Tomb gear was at about 885 / 890 for LFR then 900 - 910 for normal. So equating it to around those times would be more accurate.

Using Nighthold as a gauge would be more like lowering out levels to 45 and lowering our gear levels to that. Even normal Argus was around 915-925 so LFR was likely around 900-910 which is what level they were designed. The LFR gear is what most people had on their alts and such. So even Antorus gear was around its intended level.

What made it "broken" was the availability of more artifact traits and the conduits.
    There were no conduits in Legion. After doing mine on my main right when they came out in 880-890 gear (pre TOS) and baseline artifacts available at that point in time and suboptimal legendaries, i would say it was reasonably challenging. I did some on my alts at 950ish ilvl with most traits (antorus time) and it was an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    There were no conduits in Legion. After doing mine on my main right when they came out in 880-890 gear (pre TOS) and baseline artifacts available at that point in time and suboptimal legendaries, i would say it was reasonably challenging. I did some on my alts at 950ish ilvl with most traits (antorus time) and it was an absolute joke.
    Yeah, conduits wasn't the right word I was thinking. Had to look it up and it was the Netherlight Crucible thing. But yeah it was designed for around 890-900 gear. Antorus LFR dropped 915 (last boss 925). This is what most players had on. 950 meant you were in Heroic / Mythic gear (source). So yeah you were definitely in "easy mode" territory.

Many players however did it 15 ilvls above the cap which made it slightly easier, but not a lot in some regards. What made it easier for them was the artifact and crucible. For most it was still "challenging" but not as challenging as it was during launch because most players aren't raiding Normal+ and usually using LFR to gear alts.

I know when I did most of my alts (like classes I hated) they were around 885 / 890, with full artifact unlocked and base crucible unlocked and some with / without a legendary.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I believe the Crusader enchant's healing has been nerfed from the ~1.7-2k it was doing to the intended value of ~300. Still significant, but perhaps no longer worth it at the cost of, say, +42 agility proc or +6% damage proc when you're bursting down the worm after killing Tugar.
    It's defo not nerfed for healing. This was from my mage tower as ret.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Imo managing to do any is enough to be better than a vast majority of the playerbase. Lots of ppl also over exaggerate how quickly they did them to /boast. 3 hours sounds pretty reasonable so gg.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to do Blood DK the other day, DBM said 47 pulls, probably more like 55 due to DBM counting two pulls as one at times. My damage felt really low early on, so used a few Crafted Malevolent pieces + Hellscream's Decapitator. Also Potion of Unbridled Fury did 26k damage in P2, seems pretty OP.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeYUEqvS3Vo

Playlist should have Unholy and Frost as well, so I'm done with my DK. Not sure where to go next, Warlock/Paladin are calling.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post

I'm doing a healer challenge and what do I have to do? Not healing but hurting myself on purpose. What kind of challenge is it that tells me to do the exact counterpart of my role?
    If you have to "actively" hurt yourself in p7 then you're overhealing yourself, just float around 30-50% and stop healing yourself, it will end up being a waste in the end.

One of a sign of a good healer is knowing who "needs" heal and who isn't, you clearly are lacking in that department.

The challenge isn't hard, you're not good if you manage to beat it, but you are definitely below average if you can't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    One sign of a good healer is knowing who "needs" heal and who isn't, you clearly are lacking in that department.

The challenge isn't hard, you're not good if you manage to beat it, but you are definitely below average if you can't beat it.
    In fairness, it is quite a counter intuitive mechanic. Can't think of many/any other situations in the game where as a healer you are actively encouraged not to heal the target with the lowest health and most at risk of death. I imagine that's what the guy is struggling with. From my POV the healer MT challenge was harder than +21/+22 keys, both in terms of reaction time, full toolkit requirement and mana conservation.

It's more a war of attrition in the end. For ppl that don't have hours a day to progress them it can be out of reach, even for quite good players. Plenty 10/10M players struggling with some of the challenges.

As ever it's also quite class dependent, I'd say that only paladins reserve the right to say the "challenge isn't hard."

15+ Year Old Account
    Main stat in that challenge is the most OP stat. I couldnt complete Kruul challenge and wiped on 4th annihilation like 10 times and on 5% on kruul left. Ate the flask of main stat and beat him in one try lol
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    If you have to "actively" hurt yourself in p7 then you're overhealing yourself, just float around 30-50% and stop healing yourself, it will end up being a waste in the end.

One of a sign of a good healer is knowing who "needs" heal and who isn't, you clearly are lacking in that department.

I'm done with that sh*tshow. After getting
    - BfA greater flask
    - BfA blood sausage
    - SoO heirloom weapon and shield
    - BfA weaon enchant
    - Old off-hand int enchant
    - some int gems
    - BfA int scroll

I facerolled P1-P6 (so I managed to finish P3 nearly a minute faster!) and did P7 on the second try. Oh, and I don't call me a good player. But not below average.