Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except it wasn't. The half of Sylvanas that said it was literally a crystal in a torture dimension for the past in-lore decade a half and wasn't even aware what the other half of her did until Jailer shoved her back into her body just moments before. The good Sylvanas takes responsibility because of what a paragon of justice she apparently was (which the cinematic focuses on a lot), but she's objectively wrong. And as Uther showed in that very scene, people like them that were split into two by the Frostmourne remain two distinct halfs that can outright split again at will even after they get brought back together.

It's kinda different when it's the same company doing it though, because that's Blizzard eating its own tail and showing (yet again) they can't stop themselves from repeating the same story beats over and over again. Also, it's not just similar, it's an outright rehash.
    I'm trash at posting so forgive for quoting the entire thing.

I very much agree with you on everything but the splitting part.

I saw it more as Uther bringing Sylvanas into a memory of his own (and therefore talking through his past self) before "splitting" from the memory of himself to show her just how different he is (which somehow counters her "you wouldn't know man". line)

Seeing as the split Uther had the model and armor of current, merged Uther and not the dark purple of Forsworn Uther pre-merging I think that's more the case.

Still, shame that the ruthless manipulator Sylvanas I liked from WC3 until Legion is nullified now (:

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, who *didn't* see something like this coming?
    She's the pride and joy of WoW and, regardless of the wrongs she commits, can truly do no wrong that would damn her.

So what's next? She woke up, which means "old" Sylvanas has accepted the tragedies and wrongdoings of "new" Sylvanas and will choose to face the consequences, but probably not right away?
    That probably means she will show up during the Anduin or Jailer fight (or both, who tf knows) to help save/stop him first.
    Afterwards, an epilogue-style story showing her to be fully redeemed and finally meet true death, then spend eternity in the Shadowlands as the "old" Sylvanas, maybe as a Bastion angel alongside Uther in an attempt to help everyone who comes through accept and atone for their transgressions (from what I gather, the brainwashing thing isn't happening anymore, right?)?

It def won't be what she deserves, which is a place in the Maw under lock and key with the New Jailer (would be awesome if it was Arthas, just to stick it to her one last time) keeping her under watch for eternity.
    It would be fitting, but you can't do that to Sylvanas, that perfect little Blizz princess.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Nothing, it means you did not like what I had to say, your opinion is yours to make. Just like mine is mine and I abhor the writing involved with Sylvanas, she is without a doubt the worst written character in WoW lore. And she will get a garbage redemption. That being said, it IS just my opinion. And judging by the reaction, quite a few other people have the same opinion.
    I've always been the more forgiving when it comes to WoW lore, but from around 8.2 onwards I stopped enjoying it and just played for the gameplay instead. So you can definitely dislike one aspect of the game while consuming the product for other reasons.

I still pay attention to the lore in some seemingly vain hope that I'll get on board again but that miracle doesn't seem to manifest itself.

Cinematic itself was badass as hell tho.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No it does not. This shows BOTH Sylvanas's and the the Ranger General does not like what the Banshee Queen did. The Ranger General wants to take responsibility for the Banshee Queen's actions. None of what you say is true.,
    They made a story that both people who love & hate sylvanas will both loathe.

Also what the hell was the point of all those shots of Sylvanas looking guilty? They purposely showed her being conflicted, just to be like "THIS SYLVANAS IS A MONSTER" WE HAVE GOOD SYLVANAS NOW lets mix them together... That's wild. It's like the Tuvix episode of Star Trek Voyager begging to be allowed to live only not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Not only was she immediately forgiven by alliance and horde, they also went ahead and forged a full armor set for her.
    except shes not, no one has forgiven her, but they HAVE to work with her to take down the jailer.
    they literally say "you will never be forgiven"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    And Blizzard strips another female character of her agency.
    And branders and consumers blindly cheer.
    except they arnt but k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    walk trough me, of how Kael'thas did worse than Sylvanas, please, i want to see the big brain time
    lol yeah idk, kaelthas did do a lot bad, he literally attacked his own peoples homeland and started murdeirng them all, while also trying to destroy his own peoples one thing keeping them alive. but yeah that aint as bad as teldrassil...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    She's the pride and joy of WoW and, regardless of the wrongs she commits, can truly do no wrong that would damn her.

So what's next? She woke up, which means "old" Sylvanas has accepted the tragedies and wrongdoings of "new" Sylvanas and will choose to face the consequences, but probably not right away?
    That probably means she will show up during the Anduin or Jailer fight (or both, who tf knows) to help save/stop him first.
    Afterwards, an epilogue-style story showing her to be fully redeemed and finally meet true death, then spend eternity in the Shadowlands as the "old" Sylvanas, maybe as a Bastion angel alongside Uther in an attempt to help everyone who comes through accept and atone for their transgressions (from what I gather, the brainwashing thing isn't happening anymore, right?)?

It def won't be what she deserves, which is a place in the Maw under lock and key with the New Jailer (would be awesome if it was Arthas, just to stick it to her one last time) keeping her under watch for eternity.
    It would be fitting, but you can't do that to Sylvanas, that perfect little Blizz princess.....
    They may decide Evil!Sylvanas's soul is still around and gets punished, while Good!Sylvanas goes on to, I dunno, pick flowers in Ardenweald while the birds sing 'round her or something. That'll be the least terrible thing that could happen if you ask me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post

I'm 95% sure Arthas is showing up by the end of the raid. Probably during the Anduin fight. Sylvannas and Uther are probably just there for the sole purpose of retrieving his soul from the Maw. Sylvannas had a short story written where she saw him down there after committing suicide, and before being rezzed by some valkyr. Uther also had a cinematic where he throws Arthas' soul into the Maw. It would frankly be weird NOT to have this resolved in 9.2. Some many Arthas-connected characters are present.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I'm 95% sure Arthas is showing up by the end of the raid. Probably during the Anduin fight. Sylvannas and Uther are probably just there for the sole purpose of retrieving his soul from the Maw. Sylvannas had a short story written where she saw him down there after committing suicide, and before being rezzed by some valkyr. Uther also had a cinematic where he throws Arthas' soul into the Maw. It would frankly be weird NOT to have this resolved in 9.2. Some many Arthas-connected characters are present.
    Do you think Arthas will play any role in the next xpac or will he be there as a means to "finish" everything up with him? In any case, it might be about time to end everything about Arthas.

Go Team playable Dark Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Do you think Arthas will play any role in the next xpac or will he be there as a means to "finish" everything up with him? In any case, it might be about time to end everything about Arthas.
    I propose: The forum-goer's wet dream. Instead of introducing WotLK Classic, retail's story is set to time loop back to 3.0. Retail WoW is put on hold until TBCC finishes its content path. WoW Classic and WoW retail then converge back to one single property and Blizzard simply rereleases the entirety of WotLK as it was originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I propose: The forum-goer's wet dream. Instead of introducing WotLK Classic, retail's story is set to time loop back to 3.0. Retail WoW is put on hold until TBCC finishes its content path. WoW Classic and WoW retail then converge back to one single property and Blizzard simply rereleases the entirety of WotLK as it was originally.
    eh ok? What kind of useless answer was that? ofc theres people out there who wants to play Wotlk and find that xpac good - so what? Whats that to you? Does that bother you? I dont give two shits about BC but im happy for those that want to play it.

On topic: Personally, I hope the story about Arthas is finally put to rest. its about time to move on from him. Hopefully(lol) Blizzard will do it right.

eh ok? What kind of useless answer was that? ofc theres people out there who wants to play Wotlk and find that xpac good - so what? Whats that to you? Does that bother you? I dont give two shits about BC but im happy for those that want to play it.

On topic: Personally, I hope the story about Arthas is finally put to rest. its about time to move on from him. Hopefully(lol) Blizzard will do it right.
    He's always like that. But I digress. I think they are gonna end everything about Arthas in 9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    He's always like that. But I digress. I think they are gonna end everything about Arthas in 9.2.
    Aah, well ok.

Yeah me too. Let Arthas rest now, in every sense.

It was a joke my dude.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-12-08 at 11:27 PM.

Just retcon all of Shadowlands, thanks.

So then with this revelation, is it safe to say Anduin is already dead?

Other than that, people are getting too butt hurt over this stuff. Just do what I do. Tell yourself that World of Warcraft ultimately was Illidans story (i mean, it was) and it ended when Illidan got Sargeras. Everything that happened after that isn't cannon.

Holy shit this is even worse then some people were speculating....wtf

Looks really cool both story wise and the graphics.

I'd actually feel a little bad for her good side if they end up giving her an unheroic and unbecoming death of the 'new' old her.

But it's as predicted, sadly. Animation / Art team is doing a stellar job for this cinematic though.

I just can't stop watching how this game keeps self destructing. Glorious trainwreck