Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Blizzard, please, don't change anything in the Mage Tower challenge

I hope Blizzard never listen to those who are complaining about the Mage Tower challenge. It's a real challenge, and it's not meant to be an easy path. If you can't deal with the encounters, improve your skill, because that's basically the problem: your LACK of skill. Bosses are NOT overtuned, they are just challenging; get over it. All those who are complaining wanna destroy an interesting feature of the game just because they want it straight away; they wanna get there and kill the boss without any effort (perhaps because they think they should get it just because they're paying). As I said before, you should IMPROVE your skill with your character and try it over and over until you get it. Blizzard, please, don't listen to those who are whining, they are the reason why this game has become so easy in so many ways. Keep the difficulty as it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I hope Blizzard never listen to those who are complaining about the Mage Tower challenge. It's a real challenge, and it's not meant to be an easy path. If you can't deal with the encounters, improve your skill, because that's basically the problem: your LACK of skill. Bosses are NOT overtuned, they are just challenging; get over it. All those who are complaining wanna destroy an interesting feature of the game just because they want it straight away; they wanna get there and kill the boss without any effort (perhaps because they think they should get it just because they're paying). As I said before, you should IMPROVE your skill with your character and try it over and over until you get it. Blizzard, please, don't listen to those who are whining, they are the reason why this game has become so easy in so many ways. Keep the difficulty as it is right now.
    The issue with a lot of challenges is it doesn't really come down to skill anymore just showcasing awful tuning. I get this is a troll thread and you likely just want to rile people but im going to hijack it to show the issue.

I managed to get two out of three mage towers down for hunter. I didn't have time to try survival yet. For twins the fight feels completely different then legion. Grasps from beyond die near instantly and don't really threaten you unless completely ignored. What has changed is you can no longer survive against rast once the kite mob dies. In legion that signaled the end of the fight and that you had effectively won. Now you get about eight seconds to dps before the enrage kills you flat out.

It is doable but it isn't the same fight it was back in the day.

Feltotem in my mind just breaks especially for hunter. I went out of my way to do this fight on my monk and priest just to see the difference and it truly is massive. You have to kill the worm first now as its enraged screech simply globals you. The way to beat the fight is to make it a tanking fight. Wearing tank trinkets like scales or using IED as a heal only makes the fight a world easier. Like before failing any mechanic near instantly kills you. The difference now is you have to endure the entire fight and kill the worm and without healing or shielding trinkets even with a spirit beast you do not have the sustain to keep yourself up.

Mage tower is less about mechanical difficulty in some cases and how much time you put into making a cheese gear set from timewalking with a level 45 and how many gem slots you have.
    Last edited by Log Cabin; 2021-12-08 at 01:59 PM.

Classes without proper heals will get their ass turned out by the worm in Feltotem.

Sigryn Council is more balanced but they have so much health that it’s kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Classes without proper heals will get their ass turned out by the worm in Feltotem.

Sigryn Council is more balanced but they have so much health that it’s kind of boring.
    Even classes with heals get one shot by the worm if you kill the tauren. That's not how you're meant to do the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    The issue with a lot of challenges is it doesn't really come down to skill anymore just showcasing awful tuning. I get this is a troll thread and you likely just want to rile people but im going to hijack it to show the issue.

I managed to get two out of three mage towers down for hunter. I didn't have time to try survival yet. For twins the fight feels completely different then legion. Grasps from beyond die near instantly and don't really threaten you unless completely ignored. What has changed is you can no longer survive against rast once the kite mob dies. In legion that signaled the end of the fight and that you had effectively won. Now you get about eight seconds to dps before the enrage kills you flat out.

It is doable but it isn't the same fight it was back in the day.

Feltotem in my mind just breaks especially for hunter. I went out of my way to do this fight on my monk and priest just to see the difference and it truly is massive. You have to kill the worm first now as its enraged screech simply globals you. The way to beat the fight is to make it a tanking fight. Wearing tank trinkets like scales or using IED as a heal only makes the fight a world easier. Like before failing any mechanic near instantly kills you. The difference now is you have to endure the entire fight and kill the worm and without healing or shielding trinkets even with a spirit beast you do not have the sustain to keep yourself up.

Mage tower is less about mechanical difficulty in some cases and how much time you put into making a cheese gear set from timewalking with a level 45 and how many gem slots you have.
    This is not a "troll thread" whatsoever. The encounters are doable, as you have just said. You're saying that it's not the same by using very poor examples to support your argument. Yes, I get it, some things are slightly different. Do they really change the experience completely? I don't think so. I've been able to do half of them with my main and alters and it was challenging, it was nice and I really had the feeling, after killing the boss, that I've earned my new set.

People just don't accept that they've got a lack of skill and they blame Blizzard for it. Just improve your skill and stop whining.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Legion some classes did have it easier than others, so they could use some tuning back then.
    Now.. haven't tried them yet, but I more than welcome a challenge in skill.

However, one can argue that adjusting your skills, grabbing special gear and stocking up on all sorts of trinkets/toys/potions and spells is not really part of the challenge; it's just making it easier for yourself.

People just don't accept that they've got a lack of skill and they blame Blizzard for it. Just improve your skill and stop whining.
    Oh please. That statement alone invalids your first sentence...

Feels very much like a single player Mythic raid encounter. You just learn the bits and pieces of the encounter's strengths and weaknesses and slam your dick against the wall til it finally clicks. I did a few of them and they were properly difficult... maybe a little bit too difficult for a few specs/classes but I don't think it's a bad thing that properly difficult solo content finally exists again.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperNa View Post
    Oh please. That statement alone invalids your first sentence...
    It seems you don't understand English very well.

Given the time limitation, both mage tower and m+ legion should be mostly nerfed. plenty of ppl might catch maybe only 1 or 2 days of them being available, so theres no reason to keep them super difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Given the time limitation, both mage tower and m+ legion should be mostly nerfed. plenty of ppl might catch maybe only 1 or 2 days of them being available, so theres no reason to keep them super difficult.
    I hope they don't listen to people like you and they keep things the same. It's a challenge, no one is forcing you to do it. If you can't do it because you haven't got time to improve your skill, you'd better try another game.

This is not a "troll thread" whatsoever. The encounters are doable, as you have just said. You're saying that it's not the same by using very poor examples to support your argument. Yes, I get it, some things are slightly different. Do they really change the experience completely? I don't think so. I've been able to do half of them with my main and alters and it was challenging, it was nice and I really had the feeling, after killing the boss, that I've earned my new set.

I feel like when the fight comes down to using tank trinkets and abandoning doing damage as a dps spec that is a sign you have failed to design a dps encounter. The person you are talking to competed the challenge and pointed out they won by cheesing the fight over properly doing it.

I've not managed to beat a fight yet as once I saw that you die near instantly to frost circle in the eye as a dh I laughed and did something else. I would of rather had the mage tower be a test of skill over a cheese test/ farm test to see you went though dungeons and raids with a level 45.

Don't worry .. they buffed Xylem rofl ... cause that's what a dps challenge should look like, manage unavoidable high damage.

Was fun in Legion, now some of them feel like Blizz is saying "Go farm socket gear from old raids and try again in 10 months".

I hope they don't listen to people like you and they keep things the same. It's a challenge, no one is forcing you to do it. If you can't do it because you haven't got time to improve your skill, you'd better try another game.
    I just wish they were a mechanical test of ability I've not seen that aspect of them yet. I honestly wish blizzard made a gear template for these fights rather then seemingly tuning them to people cheesing timewalking gear and gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Feels very much like a single player Mythic raid encounter. You just learn the bits and pieces of the encounter's strengths and weaknesses and slam your dick against the wall til it finally clicks. I did a few of them and they were properly difficult... maybe a little bit too difficult for a few specs/classes but I don't think it's a bad thing that properly difficult solo content finally exists again.
    Problem is that its only up for two weeks now and like one week in june or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbuto View Post
    Problem is that its only up for two weeks now and like one week in june or whatever.
    It's enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chipped coin View Post
    I feel like when the fight comes down to using tank trinkets and abandoning doing damage as a dps spec that is a sign you have failed to design a dps encounter. The person you are talking to competed the challenge and pointed out they won by cheesing the fight over properly doing it.

I've not managed to beat a fight yet as once I saw that you die near instantly to frost circle in the eye as a dh I laughed and did something else. I would of rather had the mage tower be a test of skill over a cheese test/ farm test to see you went though dungeons and raids with a level 45.
    He has done that, it doesn't mean you have to do what he did. I didn't "cheese" anything and I've already done it with 6 specs. Just accept that you've got a lack of skill and you have to improve it.

It's enough.

- - - Updated - - -

He has done that, it doesn't mean you have to do what he did. I didn't "cheese" anything and I've already done it with 6 specs. Just accept that you've got a lack of skill and you have to improve it.
    Can you specify what specs and link them? Not to call you a liar but unless you picked out the easy ones I rather take the word of someone who walked through how the fights changed in detail and how he adjusted for it over a guy claiming to of steamrolled something most of my CE team hasn't done.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This shit is so overtuned it is nearly impossible unless you're an extremely high level player and/or you have a dedicated gear set with the correct trinkets too.

Surely this should have been beatable by anyone capable of mythic raiding/timing anything over 15s in order to generate the most interest and get people going for it.

Nevermind players are gimped with no borrowed powers, the endless hours put into the game working against them instead of for them in terms of muscle-memory.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipped coin View Post
    Can you specify what specs and link them? Not to call you a liar but unless you picked out the easy ones I rather take the word of someone who walked through how the fights changed in detail and how he adjusted for it over a guy claiming to of steamrolled something most of my CE team hasn't done.
    All tank specs but DK plus DH dps. I can't be bothered to explain to you my tactics. I remember most of them from Legion, plus I saw a couple of guides that everyone can google. I don't need to prove anything, I know many people who are struggling but they are being able to do it after several tries.

All tank specs but DK plus DH dps. I can't be bothered to explain to you my tactics. I remember most of them from Legion, plus I saw a couple of guides that everyone can google. I don't need to prove anything, I know many people who are struggling but they are being able to do it after several tries.
    Well that is 5 not the six but I am willing to believe you simply mistyped that. Can you tell me what changed from legion compared to timewalking? If you never did time walking you can simply tell me what killed you the most often beyond the knock back and I will know you did then.