Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Having just achieved my book mount, I can agree that some challenges need a very slight health pool nerf. But not much more than 5% for any of them; If mechanics are played correctly and dps is in the 90th percentile, u should be fine; As it stands, some of them (like the eye) require pretty much luck to get down in time. I had 3 pulls on my sub rogue where the boss had less than 2k health, and one where it had 118 health.

I would argue that some need to made harder as well, and from what I've seen most challenges are fine. I will be mad if they over nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Having just achieved my book mount, I can agree that some challenges need a very slight health pool nerf. But not much more than 5% for any of them; If mechanics are played correctly and dps is in the 90th percentile, u should be fine; As it stands, some of them (like the eye) require pretty much luck to get down in time. I had 3 pulls on my sub rogue where the boss had less than 2k health, and one where it had 118 health.

I would argue that some need to made harder as well, and from what I've seen most challenges are fine. I will be mad if they over nerf them.
    The more I do of them the more unsure I am on what needs to be fixed. It feels like some simply have new strategies while others are made trival with the right gear.

I feel like proper testing and gear templates would of solved a host of these issues. Add a can only be used in mage tower consumable npc as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    9.1.5 is already light on content, I don't see the harm in "accidentally" leaving the MT up til 9.2. It'd be a nice X-mas gift from Blizzard.
    It would be nice.. I had forgotten what it's like to finish off my weekly mythics and to just have something to grind away at when I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Did like 20 tries on the new, while knowing everything, and the math simply show that i am doing 25-30% of the DPS i did to finish the Prot one back then.
    Link the math - just link it here for everyone to see and then we can actually discuss it, and im sure it will help Blizzard tune it - since you have the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Link the math - just link it here for everyone to see and then we can actually discuss it, and im sure it will help Blizzard tune it - since you have the math.
    Its in the previous post, when i did it back then with the gear intended, and not 2 patches after aka 895-905 ilvl, 2 infernals were up from p1 into p2 with the second infernal some times not even spawning, but i remember having 2 when i cleared it, this time there are 4 infernals minimum, most of the times 5 infernals when i enter p2, the math either show that the timers are fucked or my DPS is 60% less than back then, it doesnt take a PhD in Math to understand.

I am also talking whatever is the default gear at the time, i am not gonna go farm 20 sockets to clear it.

But i forgot, this is mmo champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ill simplify it to you: having something that require time comitment being available only for short time very rarely is STUPID DESIGN, there is no other way to describe it... like if you could farm transmogs or mounts from old raids only twice a year, and predetermined dates, if you miss it, bad luck...

and value of this, as it is a "challenge" should be in, you know, the CHALLENGE, not in "well you missed it now, wait half a year to try", seeing someone riding that mount or having that tmog should make you think "damn he must be good" not "huh, i guess he had time that one week"... people have jobs, families, they should not be punished for having life, i know it might be hard to grasp but not all people can play every day...

and sure, by missing it you wont miss anything important, which is ANOTHER reason to not have it only two weeks in a year, not other way around... it makes sense for holiday achievments (would be kinda weird to do christmas achievments in july) but for mage tower (and tw in general)? makes no sense whatsoever
    Again you fail to grasp what my original comment was about. Everything does not need to be available for everyone at any given time (especially not cosmetics). Period. If you have a life you shouldent feel punished by it. Thats a really no-lifer comment right there. Kkthxbaiiii.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo buff the damage 100% since it was a cakewalk for me, actually so EZ I did it naked while having sex with your mom OP! EZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Its in the previous post, when i did it back then with the gear intended, and not 2 patches after aka 895-905 ilvl, 2 infernals were up from p1 into p2 with the second infernal some times not even spawning, but i remember having 2 when i cleared it, this time there are 4 infernals minimum, most of the times 5 infernals when i enter p2, the math either show that the timers are fucked or my DPS is 60% less than back then, it doesnt take a PhD in Math to understand.

I am also talking whatever is the default gear at the time, i am not gonna go farm 20 sockets to clear it.

But i forgot, this is mmo champion
    Thats not "math" thats your personal experience, and could be caused by a large variety of things - you said the MATH supported your claim, but then say your claim IS your math......thats not how this works. You said you had MATH to support the idea that they are much harder than they used to be - and yet many are saying that if anything, some of them are far TOO easy, and that overall they are about the same.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Thats not "math" thats your personal experience, and could be caused by a large variety of things - you said the MATH supported your claim, but then say your claim IS your math......thats not how this works. You said you had MATH to support the idea that they are much harder than they used to be - and yet many are saying that if anything, some of them are far TOO easy, and that overall they are about the same.
    Just finished the Fury one in 4th pull, cause i know the fight from back then, as i did it the first 3 days it was out cause its easy, so yes my "personal experience" and knowledge is math enough.

Even so, ignoring the average mmo-champion poster, the Warrior discord seems to agree overall that the Prot Warrior is slightly off, doable but its harder than it was, my memory can be hazy but same as others remembering doing it faster than it seems to be now.

Just finished the Fury one in 4th pull, cause i know the fight from back then, as i did it the first 3 days it was out cause its easy, so yes my "personal experience" and knowledge is math enough.

Even so, ignoring the average mmo-champion poster, the Warrior discord seems to agree overall that the Prot Warrior is slightly off, doable but its harder than it was, my memory can be hazy but same as others remembering doing it faster than it seems to be now.
    You seem REALLY confused about what math is.

You seem REALLY confused about what math is.
    Math is math.

If it took me 180 seconds in patch 7.2 with relevant gear, aka gear that the content was made for and now it takes me 360 seconds for the same result, i dont know what math you learnt but pretty sure elementary grade can solve this problem.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem now is that it is a lot about luck, you can not fully control all. So it is a waste of time. By slighly speeding it up (nerf HP), you can control a bit better.

Would take the same skill, you just save time.

Not everyone is a 16 years old brained person with nothing else to do but play 6 hours a day...

Mage Tower needs to be brought down to its 7.3 difficulty.

It's timewalking content, that does not offer the original rewards. Whoever thought it's a good idea to make it even a tiny bit harder than the original mage tower challenge with antorus gear was out of their mind. I'm not even touching it until it gets nerfed by a lot, it's a waste of time.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Mage Tower needs to be brought down to its 7.3 difficulty.

It's timewalking content, that does not offer the original rewards. Whoever thought it's a good idea to make it even a tiny bit harder than the original mage tower challenge with antorus gear was out of their mind. I'm not even touching it until it gets nerfed by a lot, it's a waste of time.
    If there is no player power tied to it, and doesnt have the same rewards - why does it need to be easy? What is wrong with it being challenging? Do you believe all players should be able to comfortably complete all content?

I completed destro one.

Feels off that even when avoiding all avoidable damage and using mortal coil every 45 seconds to heal up and warlocks have a 8% leech from passive, I actually need to drain life to stay topped off.

Not even talking about the two casts happening simultaniously is just bad design imo.

If there is no player power tied to it, and doesnt have the same rewards - why does it need to be easy? What is wrong with it being challenging? Do you believe all players should be able to comfortably complete all content?
    It's not challenging as in it tests your skills. It's challenging as in it tests your patience for how much bullshit tuning they can do before you unsub. I'm done with this shit company now, I did the challenge in Legion and they fucked it up beyond belief. My time to do it passed and they didn't fix the obviously overtuned mobs in the priest challenge.

Because I must have everything. It's not like there is hundreds of alternatives to each appearance* /s

(*Druid one should never have been removed as it has no alternatives remotely comparable).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have no idea just based on what you people think it requires some special gear. I did Destruction challenge with this character: armory link equipped in very same gear as usual and just switching 2 talents.

Armor gems? Versatility gear? Wut???

It's a pure mechanics challenge - you either interrupt fel burst or fuck it up, you either move out of shit or fuck it up.

Heck, it's not even "tight" - you can eat occasional burst or ground AoE and recover over time. You don't even have to execute everything 100%, there is a certain leeway for fuckups. P2 does not even "exist", you get to P2 - you're practically done.
    I think its hilarious that you linked a toon that is 10/10 mythic sod. and has cleared a lot of M+17s. Its the more casual level players that complain, because Blizz doesn't make enough content for them (and never has and never will). I would fully expect someone who is 10/ 10 M SOD to be able to clear this easily. If players that were able to clear the current raid on mythic weren't able to do this challenge- it would def be ridiculously overtuned.

Re used content from 5 years ago really shouldn't be tuned that high. Content should be challenging when it is current, its ok to ease up a little when it is from 5 yrs/ 2 x pac ago. Also, if it is that challenging, shouldn't it drop more than cosmetics? The rewards structure would be out of wack as well then.

I did the druid one the other day. I would say it was slightly less challenging than timing a +15M. A +15 M would take me less time and I would get a 252 piece in the vault..... The rewards do not even match their current rewards system. The reward system they themselves designed. They aren't even in sync with their own design principles.

Blizz's problem is that they are never clear on who the content is for. If they would have said "this challenge is for our more accomplished players" or even "this is aimed at the M+15/ mythic raiders", the casual would have just wrote it off and no one would be complaining atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Re used content from 5 years ago really shouldn't be tuned that high.
    It is and always was a challenge mode and it's hardly a mythic raid grade challenge either.

I'm not exactly sure what you'd expect it to be? Get a full set of unique mythic recolor mog for logging in or something?

People asked for Mage Tower and single player challenge - they got one. That Timmy or Billy can't get through it, that's not exactly part of the equation. It's not even THAT hard and there is also various cheese available too apparently.

Blizzard will tone down some challenges that are too hard for some specs, but, I mean, lets be real - it's not supposed to be some freebie there, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Nope, I've been meaning to do it on my shaman and it's just impossible.
    Impossible seems a bit hyperbolic. After all, there's already this dude from Method.

edit: if link no work, image is in the post below
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-12-10 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Impossible seems a bit hyperbolic. After all, there's already this dude from Method.
    Your link doesn't work.

Either way, it's not hyperbolic. The npcs is constantly jumping from full hp to almost dead any time anything happens.