Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I don't use twitter. All the info I have is from the threads. Plus what kind of creep reads all the tweets from somebody.
    I don't tend to use twitter either other then to fact check stuff related to threads, and you don't even need to read all the tweets I'm just scrolling down looking at pictures then noting the date's of ones related to A better ABK.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

so they want people to pay them for not working? but i have to work, to pay them, to not work? seems kinda, not right. lol

Blizzard is going on strike... the company that hasn't released a game (other than expansions) since 2016.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I understand that. Then the money should come from Blizzard. I paid for a product that isnt worked on properly. And I should pay extra because Bobby is an asshole? I already did my job, now everybody else need to do theirs.
    You know blizzard doesn't want them striking or unionizing right? the money isn't coming from blizzard because there actively going against what the higher ups want.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-12-10 at 01:08 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To cover the lost wages from the walkouts that Activision/Blizzard will not pay employees for, yes. How is this stupid? It's showing solidarity with the workers that are putting their jobs at risk to fight for better working conditions for themselves and their colleagues. This way you can directly support them without supporting ATVI's bottom line in the process.
    Given last year's Salary survey, I feel like most of the employees, barring CS/Tester positions, should have had the means to realistically have a STHF reserve for this sort of situation. Had I been making their salary, priority one would be setting up exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Given last year's Salary survey, I feel like most of the employees, barring CS/Tester positions, should have had the means to realistically have a STHF reserve for this sort of situation. Had I been making their salary, priority one would be setting up exactly that.
    IIRC that was only full time workers, not contract workers which both Blizzard and Activision extensively use to keep costs low. Most of these folks live in high cost of living areas, so the money doesn't go as far as you'd think.

3+ Year Old Account
    IIRC that was only full time workers, not contract workers which both Blizzard and Activision extensively use to keep costs low. Most of these folks live in high cost of living areas, so the money doesn't go as far as you'd think.
    I still have the doc bookmarked, there's some contractors in there, as well as people outside of the Irvine campus.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qbXkA/htmlview

I'm wholly aware that cost of living's higher out there, but I'm skeptical that people making $50-60k/yr are that incapable of creating savings.

I'm wholly aware that cost of living's higher out there, but I'm skeptical that people making $50-60k/yr are that incapable of creating savings.
    Student debt, other debt from car loans and whatnot eat a lot of your annual earnings. If you're in a low/average cost-of-living area 50-60K is a super solid wage. But if you're in the higher cost-of-living areas, and especially if you have debt, your options are a lot more limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You know blizzard doesn't want them striking or unionizing right? the money isn't coming from blizzard because there actively going against what the higher ups want.
    I dont want them striking either. I want my product fixed. If their workplace environment sucks thats between Blizzard and its employees. If they can collect my money every month they can work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont want them striking either. I want my product fixed. If their workplace environment sucks thats between Blizzard and its employees. If they can collect my money every month they can work.
    you won't get the product fixed if all the talents leave because of the work environment, so it would be a lose lose lose as they say. you don't get your product blizzard doesn't get money, the employees suffer or uproot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still have the doc bookmarked, there's some contractors in there, as well as people outside of the Irvine campus.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qbXkA/htmlview

Cost of living in Irvine is about 1.5x higher than the national average. You probably couldn't comfortably live in Orange County on $50-60k but you could commute in from a neighboring city and get a roommate or a one bedroom apartment or something. A one bedroom in Irvine is about $2k a month on average.

It seems you're still not differentiating between Blizzard as a corporate entity, and employees of Blizzard.

Any time workers are fighting for their rights and for better working conditions, consumers of said product will be inconvenienced. That's the nature of that fight. Your issues with their products are a failure of the leadership at Blizzard, the leadership that workers are protesting against.

Nobody has to contribute to the fund dude. You don't think it's worthwhile and you already bought Blizzard products? Cool, don't contribute then.

But having all your talented staff leaving in droves, taking mountains of institutional knowledge with them, isn't going to make the games any better or fix them any faster.

I don't tend to use twitter either other then to fact check stuff related to threads, and you don't even need to read all the tweets I'm just scrolling down looking at pictures then noting the date's of ones related to A better ABK.
    So you scroll through a woman's twitter looking at her pictures and take down dates........ WTF.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want them to collect your money every month, that's between you and Blizzard. You're not the one giving their employees money. They've already been paid for work completed by the time you get a product.

So you scroll through a woman's twitter looking at her pictures and take down dates........ WTF.
    She posted her resignation Slack post as an image on Twitter, dude...where are you getting all this shit from?

Wouldn't give that woman money even if she was directly feeding starving children.

7+ Year Old Account
    to be clear I went to the better ABK twitter, I also didn't take down any date's I just checked them real quick. I couldn't tell you what day's the tweets were made just that there have been multiple since her resignations letter. it took all of 30 seconds of scrolling.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-12-10 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If you don't want them to collect your money every month, that's between you and Blizzard. You're not the one giving their employees money. They've already been paid for work completed by the time you get a product.
    Wrong. WoW is a live service game. By buying the expansion I buy the full product which is all the expected stuff like 3-4 raid tiers etc.

you won't get the product fixed if all the talents leave because of the work environment, so it would be a lose lose lose as they say. you don't get your product blizzard doesn't get money, the employees suffer or uproot.
    So I have to pay twice to increase the chances that the product I already bought wont be a scam? Yeah, makes sense.

to be clear I went to the better ABK twitter, I also didn't take down any date's I just checked them real quick. I couldn't tell you what day's the tweets were made just that there have been multiple since her resignations letter. it took all of 30 seconds of scrolling.
    That sounds less creepy. Thank you for clarifying.

She posted her resignation Slack post as an image on Twitter, dude...where are you getting all this shit from?
    Getting what shit? I said exactly what he said. His later post explains it better so it doesn't sound as creepy.

Getting what shit? I said exactly what he said. His later post explains it better so it doesn't sound as creepy.
    His post made no indication that he's creeping on her timeline for pictures, dude. He stated he doesn't use Twitter regularly, only uses it to confirm information, and only noted dates on tweets related to AKB. You somehow took that as, "He's creepin for face pics" somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. WoW is a live service game. By buying the expansion I buy the full product which is all the expected stuff like 3-4 raid tiers etc.
    Wrong. You're entitled to the content of the expansion and continued access as long as you maintain a sub. You are not entitled to "free" (because sub) content updates, nor anything like 3-4 tiers of raids which Blizzard has missed multiple times over the years. Check the ToS and shit you agree to when buying the expansion and paying the sub, it's just access to the game and the expansion content. They are under no obligation to provide you with any content not included in the expansion.

So I have to pay twice to increase the chances that the product I already bought wont be a scam? Yeah, makes sense.
    You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. It's voluntary. But shitting on the people who make your games is a weird way for gamers to show that they want their games improved and their love of their hobby.