Thread: [TV]Halo

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Ep5 had alot more action, another good showing imo.

  2. #82
    That last twenty minutes or so was awesome, lol.

    I hope in season two they ditch this B plot. There's some actual potential here if they learn and adapt.

  3. #83
    so this is a minor thing on a scale of things, but its the straw that is breaking this camel's back. like... did they not have anyone to help them pronounce shit?

    every, damn. time... any of the characters tries to say Paragonski, I want to stab my ears with the fork so that I don't have to keep hearing them butcher it.

    and the thing is... they could have just broken it down into 2 very English language words (Paragon and ski - they are even phonetic for your convenience) and had ZERO problem saying it, but nope. we just going to mumble our way through it.

    sigh.

  4. #84
    ok, unpopular opinion again, but aside from a bunch of minor gripes... once I essentially separated the show from canon (kind of like Star Trek Kelvin timeline) - I'm actualy genuinely enjoying it. mostly because of Halsey, they seriously nailed the casting there IMO. to my surprise, I don't hate master Chief in the show. He's acted differently enough that I'm not constantly thinking "Porstache"

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I don't know... article provides plenty of context. and that context is - they just chose not to go with the canon established by the games and created their own timeline instead. because iTsAdiffErEnTmeDIum
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    actual quotes from the article



    translation.... it was too haaaard to try to fit with the canon, so we just rather make up our own shit.
    Halo had non-canon material before there was canon. And some non-canon material was later retroactively canonized. The term is meaningless.

    I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
    I have governed the unwilling.
    I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
    I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
    [I was there with the Angel at the tomb.]

    I have seen your future.
    And I have learned.

    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

    I HAVE WON.

    Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong,
    THIS is the way the world ends.

    A friend of a friend.

  6. #86
    I'm not familiar with Halo world. I've watched 5 episodes and it's an ok TV series. I didn't like military base of humans, command chain looks pretty weak. We see only small amount of human base. There is no power struggle, Dr. Halsey is running around like she is the Queen. Maybe producers should have provided more information to show Halo world, how things were in that universe before telling the Master Chief's story to make us imagine how Halo world works. They directly dived in to Master Chief's story without showing Halo universe is huge minus. On the other hand , effects are good.Combat scenes are good.

  7. #87
    First episode I managed to enjoy from beginning to end was the 6th.

    Simply because there was virtually no Kwan and none of that horribly written side plot.

    God I hate that side plot and God I hate Temper Tantrum Kwan. Thing is ...the insurrectionist side plot didn't actually need to be bad. On the contrary, but it is written horribly and the face of it...Kwan ....utterly unbearable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    First episode I managed to enjoy from beginning to end was the 6th.

    Simply because there was virtually no Kwan and none of that horribly written side plot.

    God I hate that side plot and God I hate Temper Tantrum Kwan. Thing is ...the insurrectionist side plot didn't actually need to be bad. On the contrary, but it is written horribly and the face of it...Kwan ....utterly unbearable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Gun oil in your hair as an act of rebellion, what the fuck. Is this show written by and far teenagers? It is so fucking bad. "I am mad, so I am changing my hair color MOM, take that!!!"
    That actually made sense to be honest. Keep in mind this version of the Spartans are even more emotionally stunted than the game ones.

    They were never given any coping skills, nor did they have much in the way of self expression. They also went through a bunch of horrible shit.

    It makes sense that once the thing that regulates their emotions comes out they are struggling and are expressing their frustrations in childish ways, because in some ways...many ways...they are children and Halsey is the closest thing they have to a parental figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  8. #88
    I guess I'm the only one here that kinda enjoys Kwan.

    now... this is just my theory and I guess we'll see in episode 7, but she is being set up to be the third blessed one imo. so essentially we have three points of story converging on the same goal. Makee gives us covenant perspective, Chief is USNC and Kwan is regular people.

    why do I think she is another one with genesong? well... we have a whole flashback talking about how John is ridiculously lucky, its part of what makes him special. Kwan... is stupidly lucky. she survives direct attack by covenant, while her friends are literally exploding around her, she is the leader of her friend group and not just because she's general's daughter. and... there is that whole plot point with her father starting rebellion after meeting mystics... whom we apparently see Kwan meeting in trailer for ep 7. I think the only reason she didn't appear on Halo ring with Makee and John is because two of them activated forerunner artifacts, while she never had. (and the story reason of them possibly saving the reveal for later - maybe even ep 7)

    P.S. to.. whatever that reply to me above was. the show is as per showrunners - an alternate "Silver" timeline. THAT is official.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That actually made sense to be honest. Keep in mind this version of the Spartans are even more emotionally stunted than the game ones.

    They were never given any coping skills, nor did they have much in the way of self expression. They also went through a bunch of horrible shit.

    It makes sense that once the thing that regulates their emotions comes out they are struggling and are expressing their frustrations in childish ways, because in some ways...many ways...they are children and Halsey is the closest thing they have to a parental figure.
    No it doesn't because while they had a military upbringing, they were still educated, they weren't children. The fact they had to have another Spartan later tell her how fucking dumb it was is even worse. This is gun oil, it would smell, it would feel like shit, and would probably do damage to your hair/head. The Spartans aren't idiots, they wouldn't do that, it makes sense the same way that high school dramas cast 30 year olds and we have to pretend that this is what a 16 year old looks like, if you completely turn off your brain maybe, but if you think for a second you realize how bad/dumb it is. Not to mention the way they spun the Halsey story is so fucking dumb, they have taken away so much, added crap, and made the fact that the covenant were a seriously threat to the SURVIVAL of mankind disappear.

    Everything about this show is like they asked a child to write it after showing them clips from the game. It is so fucking bad, that everyone involved in the writing should be forced out of any work that involves thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    No it doesn't because while they had a military upbringing, they were still educated, they weren't children. The fact they had to have another Spartan later tell her how fucking dumb it was is even worse. This is gun oil, it would smell, it would feel like shit, and would probably do damage to your hair/head. The Spartans aren't idiots, they wouldn't do that, it makes sense the same way that high school dramas cast 30 year olds and we have to pretend that this is what a 16 year old looks like, if you completely turn off your brain maybe, but if you think for a second you realize how bad/dumb it is. Not to mention the way they spun the Halsey story is so fucking dumb, they have taken away so much, added crap, and made the fact that the covenant were a seriously threat to the SURVIVAL of mankind disappear.

    Everything about this show is like they asked a child to write it after showing them clips from the game. It is so fucking bad, that everyone involved in the writing should be forced out of any work that involves thinking.
    education =/= emotional maturity. doing something impulsive =/= stupid.

    and she absolutely regrets it after the fact, but she does it on impulse because with the chip she never had to develop impulse control, chip just made it so that she didn't have impulses to begin with. among other things. that other spartan still has the chip and so they are not thinking with their glands.

    and I don't know, I'm seeing covenant as a threat to humanity shown just fine. its why Paragonski resorts to extreme measures to squash the insurrection because they need humanity united or they do not stand a chance. and this is before they figure out what Halo rings even do. they do not know what covenant wants with them yet. the show is building up to that, but at the moment Covenant is a regular old existential threat with the whole glassing entire planets thing (which WAS stated in the show)

    I mean.. its not perfect, nothing ever is. and its not main canon. its and alternate timeline. and Halsey seem very much like Halsey. she IS that cold and calculating while acting like she has warmth. they seem to have drawn a LOT from tie in materials, far more so then from the games, so honestly I'm mostly ok with them deciding to go with alternate timeline rather then sticking to game canon.

  11. #91
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    First episode I managed to enjoy from beginning to end was the 6th.

    Simply because there was virtually no Kwan and none of that horribly written side plot.

    God I hate that side plot and God I hate Temper Tantrum Kwan. Thing is ...the insurrectionist side plot didn't actually need to be bad. On the contrary, but it is written horribly and the face of it...Kwan ....utterly unbearable.
    Yeah, agreed. They could've done a much better job at reflecting what the insurrection was and actually built up a decent story of why there were human rebellions to the UNSC. The story arc is straight up trash, and if she ends up killing Soren I will really be pissed. I don't think she will... but who knows with this arc and how they've written her/

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I mean.. its not perfect, nothing ever is. and its not main canon. its and alternate timeline. and Halsey seem very much like Halsey. she IS that cold and calculating while acting like she has warmth. they seem to have drawn a LOT from tie in materials, far more so then from the games, so honestly I'm mostly ok with them deciding to go with alternate timeline rather then sticking to game canon.
    Yep, I went in separating it from main canon and have mostly been okay with its adaptation. Halsey is near identical to what I remember before... but its been like 15 years since I read the first 3 Nylund books. Seems near what 343 wanted to portray her as too (see Halo 4 intro). The biggest problem I have with the story is the whole chosen one / blessed one can only get a reaction out of the artifact. Just seems like a cop out to avoid going into the Forerunner story.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    No it doesn't because while they had a military upbringing, they were still educated, they weren't children. The fact they had to have another Spartan later tell her how fucking dumb it was is even worse. This is gun oil, it would smell, it would feel like shit, and would probably do damage to your hair/head. The Spartans aren't idiots, they wouldn't do that, it makes sense the same way that high school dramas cast 30 year olds and we have to pretend that this is what a 16 year old looks like, if you completely turn off your brain maybe, but if you think for a second you realize how bad/dumb it is. Not to mention the way they spun the Halsey story is so fucking dumb, they have taken away so much, added crap, and made the fact that the covenant were a seriously threat to the SURVIVAL of mankind disappear.

    Everything about this show is like they asked a child to write it after showing them clips from the game. It is so fucking bad, that everyone involved in the writing should be forced out of any work that involves thinking.
    Again.

    That's the weirdest thing you chose to nitpick over. There are a thousand horribly written nonsense bits (anything and everything involving Kwan).

    But the fact that an emotionally stunted super human who has spent most of its childhood in a barracks and who's emotions are artificially eliminated for most of its life would act childish once it got those emotions back is not poor writing.

    Chief is struggling too, he just happens to be hiding it better than Kai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

    Yep, I went in separating it from main canon and have mostly been okay with its adaptation. Halsey is near identical to what I remember before... but its been like 15 years since I read the first 3 Nylund books. Seems near what 343 wanted to portray her as too (see Halo 4 intro). The biggest problem I have with the story is the whole chosen one / blessed one can only get a reaction out of the artifact. Just seems like a cop out to avoid going into the Forerunner story.
    they might still go for it. I mean, I could be misremembering but I don't think every single human had geas in main canon either. a lot more of them did, but some didn't. they seem to have just upped the rarity, but its still possible they will go into forerunner story. at least I hope they will, they might keep it for season 2.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah, agreed.
    Shit you not, throwing Kwan out of airlock and focusing on why Soren chooses to live the life of space pirate would make a million times better TV than whatever the fuck they are trying to do with Kwan here.

    I don't blame the actress here, she's actually doing a good job acting utterly unbearable, it's not her fault they have written her to be utterly unbearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Again.

    That's the weirdest thing you chose to nitpick over. There are a thousand horribly written nonsense bits (anything and everything involving Kwan).

    But the fact that an emotionally stunted super human who has spent most of its childhood in a barracks and who's emotions are artificially eliminated for most of its life would act childish once it got those emotions back is not poor writing.

    Chief is struggling too, he just happens to be hiding it better than Kai.
    he also got a bit of a head start with keystone jolting his memories and all, but not going cold turkey immediately. and even then, we get glimpses of him either completely losing it, or coming close to it.

    Kai went from feeling nothing to feeling everything in a span of few hours and its no wonder that got a bit overwhelming. She has zero training with handling emotions. she has training for just about everything else and I absolutely love the scene where she schools Miranda and then assists her with linguistics. they do a decent job I think showing that spartans are not just dumb meatheads, they are educated in a variety of subjects and are highly intelligent. just stunted to control and channel that intelligence.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    education =/= emotional maturity. doing something impulsive =/= stupid.
    Giving into impulses/acting immaturely is something we look at as childish, because as you grow you go past that, we are talking people that from the age of 5 are soldiers, and by the time of the show are in their 30s, probably 40s. If someone in that age put gun oil in their hair I would literally leave, because that person is insane, or has a mental defect, I have worked in education with disabled students who don't understand social queues and they wouldn't do something like this. It is bad writing, illogical, and dumb. You can hand wave it as the chip, but it is fucking dumb, the way John has acted hasn't been great, but again he isn't smiling like a sociopath and putting gun grease in his hair. Seriously this is something a YOUNG teenager would think is funny/cool/good to write, someone who is middle school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and she absolutely regrets it after the fact, but she does it on impulse because with the chip she never had to develop impulse control, chip just made it so that she didn't have impulses to begin with. among other things. that other spartan still has the chip and so they are not thinking with their glands.
    The chip is such a fucking dumb cop out, and btw for one character the chips affects takes years to escape, but for John and her it takes all of a few days and suddenly they are free. It is so fucking dumb, it would take the body years if it ever would be able to recover function, it is 100x more likely for her to be closer to an emotionless killing cyborg than a fucking 5 year old. It is bad writing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and I don't know, I'm seeing covenant as a threat to humanity shown just fine. its why Paragonski resorts to extreme measures to squash the insurrection because they need humanity united or they do not stand a chance. and this is before they figure out what Halo rings even do. they do not know what covenant wants with them yet. the show is building up to that, but at the moment Covenant is a regular old existential threat with the whole glassing entire planets thing (which WAS stated in the show)
    That is the thing, in Halo from basically the first contact humans knew the Covenant wanted to wipe them out, that they would LITERALLY TURN WORLDS INTO GLASS if humans were on it, and they took no prisoners. Now we have some weird human directing covenant troops and talking with the prophets? What is this shit, because it isn't Halo, and if you don't know the lore cause you don't care, don't defend it still because if the show runners didn't give a single fuck about Halo they could have replaced Johns armor and changed the names of characters and people wouldn't have known it was Halo. Not to mention the UNSC and Rebels called a truce and worked together almost immediately because they weren't idiotic children and could understand they were facing LITERAL EXTINCTION, you don't in fight then.

    Also calling glassing entire planets as a regular old threat is pretty fucking funny when it is something beyond the UNSC/humans, not to mention how they can only win space battles when they outnumber the covenant 3-1 and even then it is extremely costly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I mean.. its not perfect, nothing ever is. and its not main canon. its and alternate timeline. and Halsey seem very much like Halsey. she IS that cold and calculating while acting like she has warmth. they seem to have drawn a LOT from tie in materials, far more so then from the games, so honestly I'm mostly ok with them deciding to go with alternate timeline rather then sticking to game canon.
    It is "alternative timeline" because they took the names and pinned them on, if I say something is Star Wars because I use lightsabers to cut bread and have a character named Han solo it doesn't make it true. They didn't draw a lot from the games, I will tell you that factually other than the names and like the looks of weapons/somewhat the alien races (Elites good, Jackles look way to much dinosaur not enough bird, prophets are okay). The tie in material maybe the 343 garbage, but there is a reason their games were reviled and did poorly compared to Bungies, because the stories sucked too.

    This Halsey is way to young and an idiot, Halsey wouldn't have this idiotic assistant who puts his face inches from lasers as he dreams of his Halsey clones, or resorted to chips to control children she would have/could have just indoctrinated at the age of 5 when she took them (like she did in the games/books), not to mention when John is starting to unravel she wouldn't just be nonchalant about it as it would represent a significant flaw in her whole program (that is her life work) that could then endanger and cause the death of the human race (as they are the only force that can fight the covenant not only evenly, but better than evenly).

    Just because you are ignorant about the lore of the game doesn't mean others have to be and be okay with it, not to mention it is a piss poor story on its own right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Again.

    That's the weirdest thing you chose to nitpick over. There are a thousand horribly written nonsense bits (anything and everything involving Kwan).

    But the fact that an emotionally stunted super human who has spent most of its childhood in a barracks and who's emotions are artificially eliminated for most of its life would act childish once it got those emotions back is not poor writing.

    Chief is struggling too, he just happens to be hiding it better than Kai.
    I could nitpick over the whole show because it is trash writing, I choose to ignore Kwan because if I didn't I would literally have an aneurysm (she is the most entitled childish little whiny shit that somehow breaks metal, hides from a Spartan, and manages to get the jump on him and disable him with a charged stick that couldn't knock out regular humans earlier). The fact they are building her up as the 3rd chosen one for the "magical" bullshit stones that fix what needs to be fixed and disables anything that needs to be disabled is proof the writers are as creative as someone who has had their mind wiped. It is all fucking garbage.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-04-30 at 02:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  17. #97
    I was going to type up a long reply going point by point where you either missed something that show showed (like they literally show that covenant takes no prisoners in the very first episode's cold open, and they outright say it as well during Makee's first ambush, they also bring up glassed planets and the reason they have protocols that completely junk all data in case of Covenant is to hide the locations from them), or why I disagree with your takes on how they write things, but.. meh.

    its the equivalent of Kelvin star trek timeline (not your star wars comparison) and you don't have to like it. I didn't expect to like it either (and while I never managed to finish the actual games - I HAVE played them just not till the end, I have watched the game movies and read tie in stuff, because I like the lore), but as its own thing I do. /shrug I think its very decently written as its own thing. just because it doesn't stick to game lore religiously, doesn't make it bad writing.

    but then again, I also happen to think that bungie and their writing is HIGHLY overrated and 343 did a good job taking over, so /shrug.


    P.S. Kwan is one of the more realistically written teenagers that I can think of. yes she is obnoxious as fuck, because she is a traumatized teenager who hasn't dealt with her trauma or grief so all she does is react erratically. she is unlikable and frustrating, but teens tend to be even without all the added trauma. so I like it that she exists in a show in this form. makes her more relatable.

    my problem is more with Vincher. Burn Gorman literally just played this same character in Expanse, but taken it up a notch in Halo while also somehow ending up a lot less like a character and more like a 2 dimensional stereotype of a power hungry maniac. its boring.

  18. #98
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    they might still go for it. I mean, I could be misremembering but I don't think every single human had geas in main canon either. a lot more of them did, but some didn't. they seem to have just upped the rarity, but its still possible they will go into forerunner story. at least I hope they will, they might keep it for season 2.
    The way I can see them salvaging it is saying Chief and Makee are pure "ancient" human descendants from the Librarians biomes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Shit you not, throwing Kwan out of airlock and focusing on why Soren chooses to live the life of space pirate would make a million times better TV than whatever the fuck they are trying to do with Kwan here.

    I don't blame the actress here, she's actually doing a good job acting utterly unbearable, it's not her fault they have written her to be utterly unbearable.
    Absolutely, Soren is a good character with tie in to the books not remotely being harnessed. Kwan is just a badly written character that could be much better. Anybody blaming any actor, including the ones attacking Pablo for "taking off his helmet" are braindead imo.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I was going to type up a long reply going point by point where you either missed something that show showed (like they literally show that covenant takes no prisoners in the very first episode's cold open, and they outright say it as well during Makee's first ambush, they also bring up glassed planets and the reason they have protocols that completely junk all data in case of Covenant is to hide the locations from them), or why I disagree with your takes on how they write things, but.. meh.
    Yet they immediately take Makee to Reach, showing her a map of the world with.3 detailed information that could allow the covenant to reach it, because why the fuck else would a human be allowed to live and somehow "escape" covenant capture, its fucking dumb (not to mention the whole shit tier relationship angle they are trying to build with John). My point is they barely talk about it, they show jack shit meanwhile and it leaves the watcher wondering how scary this covenant are (there is a reason movies are told show, don't tell, and this "Halo" displays little and talks A LOT, I mean its a fucking FPS and we have had combat in 2 of what 6 episodes????)

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its the equivalent of Kelvin star trek timeline (not your star wars comparison) and you don't have to like it. I didn't expect to like it either (and while I never managed to finish the actual games - I HAVE played them just not till the end, I have watched the game movies and read tie in stuff, because I like the lore), but as its own thing I do. /shrug I think its very decently written as its own thing. just because it doesn't stick to game lore religiously, doesn't make it bad writing.
    Anyone who is a fan of the game won't like it because it barely resembles anything of them, mostly just names and images. If you shrug at this, you have a bar lower than the Mariana trench for faithfulness in an adaptation. I am not asking them to stick to the lore religiously, I am asking for them to be in the same solar system as the lore. This John who never wears his helmet and takes it off in war zones or when a gun is stuck at, this idiotic Halsey who has twice had John try to kill her and done nothing about it or seem to care (not to mention the military that allows its soldiers to do whatever, its scientist to blackmail its leaders, its leaders who are massively incompetent, a whole family allowed to serve in the same fucking unit, etc), just so many terrible things in every single episode. This show is a bad space drama with some minor combat, while Halo was an FPS in space vs aliens (whom we have seen talking with a human, Makee, about as much as they fight humans, making a viewer really wonder what the fuck is going on in a bad way).

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    but then again, I also happen to think that bungie and their writing is HIGHLY overrated and 343 did a good job taking over, so /shrug.
    Halo 1-3 were good games with simple but enjoyable plot/story. Halo 4-6 (aka 343) had some terrible story with plot all over the place that didn't make sense (hence why 1-3 are beloved, and 4-6 are seen as stains by the community at large). This show is worse than the 343 stuff, which is made worse by the fact not only is it a bad adaptation, but it is a bad story with so many plot holes I could shred a block of cheese with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    P.S. Kwan is one of the more realistically written teenagers that I can think of. yes she is obnoxious as fuck, because she is a traumatized teenager who hasn't dealt with her trauma or grief so all she does is react erratically. she is unlikable and frustrating, but teens tend to be even without all the added trauma. so I like it that she exists in a show in this form. makes her more relatable.
    As a former teacher she is pretty fucking far from a realistic teenager, so guess you only know teenagers from like CW dramas I guess. Not to mention the amount of bullshit every single adult lets her get away with is so mind numbing I can't fathom. She isn't a good character, she has little depth, she isn't likeable, the only thing that would make people happy with her is if she magically was never mentioned again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    my problem is more with Vincher. Burn Gorman literally just played this same character in Expanse, but taken it up a notch in Halo while also somehow ending up a lot less like a character and more like a 2 dimensional stereotype of a power hungry maniac. its boring.
    Kwan is a massive time sink of entitled whiny child that screams and somehow always gets her way (what the fuck kind of message is that sending), Halsey is a bastardization of her character compared to the games/books, John is not the master chief, seriously he acts nothing like the chief would (not to mention the whole HAVING VIVID HALLUCINATIONS THAT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT, coming from your billion dollar super solider) Captain Keyes is okay while Miranda Keyes is also very off. The whole of the UNSC seems to be run by massively incompetent comically evil people instead of the grey but still understandable military fighting to save their species.

    If you think this is good or even okay, I guess more power to you, but short of blinding myself and ripping my ears off after a lobotomy can't fathom how.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-04-30 at 05:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  20. #100
    Personally, I've enjoyed the last two episodes.. was nice to finally get more action again in 5. This week I didn't mind either.. even if there wasn't as much action. I do understand where others are coming from...
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    "Halo" displays little and talks A LOT, I mean its a fucking FPS and we have had combat in 2 of what 6 episodes????)
    Ya for a show based off a FPS I am surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Anyone who is a fan of the game won't like it because it barely resembles anything of them, mostly just names and images.
    I have never tried one of these games...not sure if the characters have been getting a good portrayal or not. Honestly I have been enjoying other characters besides Chief and Makee now. Still I been enjoying them the most. So it is not surprising I didn't mind episode 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    This John who never wears his helmet and takes it off in war zones
    This was an extremely valid point. Maybe next time around if the continue the show they might actually have him wear his helmet. At logical points at the very least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •