Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ah yes, Vulpera, from the expansion that definitely yielded a massive shift towards being fluffier and more childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThelorenEntarus View Post
    It seems that every Vulpera I've encountered is operated by some sexual deviant. Please internet, share my woes. Or better yet, if you play a Vulpera as just a cute little fox creature AND NOT some lascivious, miniature pervert, let me know that you exist
    Man I just wanted a character that reminded me of Ratchet from Ratchet & Clank.

If you want weird sexual deviants, check Goldshire inn, they're mostly draenei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    And again people can't tell the difference between furries/anthros and cat girls/boys/neko.

Furry/anthro: Animal with human features like standing upright, hands, speech, wearing clothing.
    Examples: Tauren, Worgen, Vulpera, Furbolg, Saberon, Arakkoa, Sethrak. Hrotgar in FF14.
    Mostly popular in the Western world though Asia likes the cuter mascot versions while westerners prefers the more beastly ones.

Cat girls/boys also known as neko:
    Humans with animal features like tails and ears, mostly based on cats but can be based on other animals for cute factor.
    Examples: WoW doesn't really have these but FF14 has them in the shape of the Viera(bunnies) and Mi'Qote(kitties). Very popular in Asia.

You will never see the latter in a furry convention.

This has been a PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Ah yes, Vulpera, from the expansion that definitely yielded a massive shift towards being fluffier and more childish.
    The way this event was implemented and handled was downright hilarious, pretty much destroying the gravity of the situation to be honest.

I've never laughed so much at a post here lmao as funny as it is though I agree with you. Furries ruin absolutely everything and their degenerate culture shouldn't be tolerated in this game. Animals can't consent.

Edit: cope more jannies
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2021-12-11 at 03:36 PM.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I've never laughed so much at a post here lmao as funny as it is though I agree with you. Furries ruin absolutely everything and their degenerate culture shouldn't be tolerated in this game. Animals can't consent.
    Better remove all the furry races then, tauren, pandaren, worgen, vulpera, high mountain tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Better remove all the furry races then, tauren, pandaren, worgen, vulpera, high mountain tauren
    Nah they overwhelmingly target small furry things and the vulpera being abused are proof of that. Vulpera don't need to be removed but furries should he actively moderated and/or banned.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Id play a Miqo Paladin in a heart beat, I have no interest in all the furry bullshit that seems to have infected the game.

Wait I already have a Miqo Pally.

5+ Year Old Account
    People who roleplay sexuality should be banned. It ruins everything including the whole perception of role playing. I have vulpera warlock, he is just an evil guy who sits in Ember Court all nights long. It’s what every Venthyr Royal does.

Quote Originally Posted by ThelorenEntarus View Post
    I remember when Vulpera were added, I knew the game would change from the fantasy world I loved and recognised through 6 expansions to something else, something fluffier, maybe more childish...If only I knew what the foxes truly represented. Fair play I said, I ain't young anymore, it's a 12+ game. Times change. Let them have the cute little foxes.
    That's how I felt about it at first lol

It is just another "problem" I see with the direction Blizzard has taken with a lot of things lately. For instance, the fruitbowlization that has happened recently isn't a problem in and of itself, but the problem is that it shows where the game is headed and how the people behind the game are thinking. Vulpera are the same kind of indicator. Overly "cute" cartoony characters(it has always been that way to a certain extent), a character cast heavily burdened with "representation" and a story about constant war within which human nudity is bad, but providing new material for furry sex is alright. The vulpera and mechagnomes are two wasted allied race slots(ie the franchise wen from playable races that take inspiration from the minotaur and werewolves to Ratchet&Clank AR combinations).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-12-13 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Vulpera is a rogue, is male, and is mogged to look more like a swashbuckler from the Disney Robin Hood cartoon.

You know, remember cartoons? Those things featuring mostly anthropomorphic animals in non-sexual situations?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are overreacting.

I was also never a friend of the idea. I still find them absurd, but at the end of the day... the more playables races, the richer the game gets.

But, in fact, you barely ever see vulpera around. They did not have any considerable effect on the player race population, they went straigth into the minority.

Vulpera are trash. They should be deleted. And replaced with a race that actually brings any positive to the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    they are heking adorable have huge floofy tails precious lil beans and a little snoot to rub
    they are very cute :3

I guess Vulpera sort of fit in with the modern incarnation of WoW, since modern WoW's aesthetics lean towards soft textures and round shapes and sparkly magic. Warcraft 3 and early WoW, with their gritty textures and hard shapes and brutal world? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The biggest issue with Vulpera is having to constantly see the whole "furry this and furry that" crap. Tauren, Worgen, Draenei, races that literally turn into animals, and thats just the playable ones. The game was already filled with "furry" races. The Vulpera didn't change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    I'm personally fine with the Vulpera, no different from the Tauren, Pandaren or Worgen, funny people aren't whining about them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Tauren is by fact, a furry race (both as statement and fact of them having fur).
    Tauren are not furries. The term "furry" conjures up the image of a very specific tumblr artstyle: cartoons with two tone shading that look like a disney movie, and recognizably human.

Tauren were anything but that. They were dirty, hulking, inhuman beastmen. If you walked up to a Tauren and called him a "furry", he would tear you limb from limb on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is some weird thing in the WoW fanbase where... Tauren.. Okay.. Pandaren.. BAD!
    What is weird about this? The artstyle of WoW was consistent up until MoP happened and introduced a soft and fluffy race that was unprecedented. Pandaren would have been better received had they actually resembled Wei Wang's and Bernie Kang's concept art for them, which gave them mean faces and heroic stature. Warcrafty.

The fat, bouncy, huggable ingame Pandaren we wound up getting was the first time the dreaded tumblr furry artstyle began seeping into WoW, which was then followed by the character model revamp that moved Tauren and Worgen in that direction (which made them softer and less harsh and gnarly), culminating the release of the Vulpera: the first fully "yes really" tumblr furry race in WoW. If you had told someone ten years ago that this would be a playable WoW race, you would have been mocked and your picture decried as a fake mockup or a screenshot for some chinese MMO.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-01-11 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tauren are not furries. The term "furry" conjures up the image of a very specific tumblr artstyle: cartoons with two tone shading that look like a disney movie, and recognizably human.

Tauren were anything but that. They were dirty, hulking, inhuman beastmen. If you walked up to a Tauren and called him a "furry", he would tear you limb from limb on the spot.
    What style people pick for their "furry" choices does not change the fact that Tauren is an anthropomorphic creation.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, ima toss my bid in and say no they didnt. Deviants are deviants. The meme of going to goldshire on moonguard is cause of that and this was before the pandas.

But I am going to lay something pretty harsh on yall... ur playing a fantasy game. We had furry apocalypse with the worgen, we then had furry apocalypse with pandaren. We then had another furry apocalypse. If they add naga, is that going to be another furry apocalypse? If so, I dont give a fuck, I'm gonna play a naga.

If you want a pure and untouched world where nothing anthromorphic exists in a fantasy world... play new world... heard it's legit only human on human violence.

And tauren are furries, specially the druids.

I have only ever leveled one Vulpera for the achivements and the heritage armor. But other than that I don't play this race.

I think they're actually really cool and kinda interesting as a race, however playing on a RP realm I have also noticed that pretty much only perverts and furries play them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    COPE
    You are coping so hard it's kind of pathetic

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yawn is this still a thing? People complained about gnomes breaking the game almost 20 years ago....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Never had an issue seeing Tauren, Pandaren, or Worgen.

Vulpera do cross the line. (My rewrite of lore will never have them)