Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Absolutely, the only reason I don’t do much rated pvp is that past elite sets are unavailable. if you could get something like the vicious saddle for past sets I’d actually do rated pvp regularly.
    I like this suggestion a lot. At one point in the game you were able to twink out a level 60 and acquire a high rank in PvP to obtain a set. The set was never removed you just needed to work for it. PvP doesn’t really change in playstyle and balance varies all the time thus making it easy and hard for some classes.

I think a suggestion like this should be on the official forums but with some visibility from the new council. It would also cull out those that suggest unobtainable items remain unobtainable because of difficulty — we know it a piss poor excuse for “I had my share, f- everyone else”.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2021-12-10 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Do you even realize what it took to get that mount? You think people who have it, do so only because they happened to play at that time? lol
    The AQ mount wasn't really that hard to get to be honest. Tedious and massively time consuming yes but in terms of actual skill required it isn't anywhere near as difficult to get as most glory mounts and less then the mage tower one by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That strongly depends if I have the item. If I already have it I want it to remain rare, if I don't have it I want the possibility to get it.
    i like that answer. great!

remain rare, not a hard question at all.
    And I am missing a lot of them.

Imagine if all limited items (t3, atiesh, glad drakes, some transmogs, achievements, etc.) had a way to be obtained - this will reinvigorate the game to a level no new patch can reach.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Imagine if all limited items (t3, atiesh, glad drakes, some transmogs, achievements, etc.) had a way to be obtained - this will reinvigorate the game to a level no new patch can reach.
    I wouldn't go that far but it would give collectors something to do.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I like this suggestion a lot. At one point in the game you were able to twink out a level 60 and acquire a high rank in PvP to obtain a set. The set was never removed you just needed to work for it. PvP doesn’t really change in playstyle and balance varies all the time thus making it easy and hard for some classes.

I think a suggestion like this should be on the official forums but with some visibility from the new council. It would also cull out those that suggest unobtainable items remain unobtainable because of difficulty — we know it a piss poor excuse for “I had my share, f- everyone else”.
    I believe they already suggested a similar idea to a high ranked exclusive Pvp fourm some time around mop-Wod and a lot of people wanted to be special and keep it exclusive so they decided against it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

i think "green fire way" is way to go - people who got it before WOD got FOS achi and title, but others still could finish it and get the green fire

so people who got it while it was "hard" can still flex, but others dont really miss on the reward

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even realize what it took to get that mount? You think people who have it, do so only because they happened to play at that time? lol
    I'm not saying it didn't take quite a bit. But I am saying that people that started playing after the event ended for whatever reason never had a chance to get it in the retail game. Perhaps they weren't old enough to play, or found the game too late, or just didn't have the money. Either way, I don't think it's right to lock someone out of content simply due to not being there at the time.

Again, make it hard if you like, even increase the difficulty, but leave it accessible. Personally, I'm kind of sick of blocking out access to mounts/pets/gear simply to promote FOMO in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Would rather see items come back. Was never a fan of FOMO and it’s designed in such a way that can burn people out. The average player doesn’t put over 4-6hrs a week like many believe (see: any study), but the average player does invest time grinding for something, even if it takes years.

Players will play at their own pace, not the pace that designers enforce, this also applies to time gates and PvE embedded timers like M+. It makes it harder to subscribe to a game or game pass, especially for new and returning players.

- - - Updated - - -

It took a guild, good internet connection, and a decent computer that could handle over 40 players.
    Actually it took that guild to farm for you, otherwise you, alone, would never get everything in time to still get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    FOMO items punish people for not being subscribed. The people who got the items aren't special because they happened to be playing during the window of opportunity.

Make the Mage Tower permanent. Bring back the Battle for the Undercity, the MoP and WoD legendary questlines, etc. Bring back the Brutosaur mount.
    Ah yes, I remember when I got the WoD CM weapons just because I was playing.

Wait, no, it still took an organized group and effort to get. So I missed them because I couldn't care to find a group.

It's still an accomplishment to achieve for some cases. And in every case, you have usually almost 2 years to get it done. If you truly care about the limited time rewards, it's not much to ask that you play for a bit to get them at some point during the expansion.

There is only one I will ever voice issues with, and that's the "Azeroth's Champion" title, because getting all R4 essences was stupidly tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by shelest View Post
    or buying gold with real money and then buying a run with gold
    Which doesn't take away from the fact of how they were normally accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    For about a month, and then everyone has everything and no one is special anymore.

Scarcity is good for MMOs. I don't think things should be removed super quickly, but if something is available for an entire expansion and then removed at the end of it, that's perfectly fine. Think Mage Tower Legion skins. Those were available for like a year. I didn't play at all from 7.1 to 7.3.5 and still managed to get at least 15 of them.

they should have done it years ago, when the scaling technology was a good thing.
    if they Scale all of old content to current patch lvl even with current borrowed power and all the ammenities YES
    old raid achievement like IMMORTAL, raid hard mode, pandaria and wod challenge, legion mage tower, EVERYTHING SCALED UP TO US.
    balance a little the number and voilà: unlimited content replay!
    But i guess is easy funneling retail player in last raid, m+ and current pvp....
    let blizz focus on cyperh and pocopoc something system.....

Edit
    how i can be so naive and forgot that instead of scale all the old content they choose to make a do-over and give us classic, tbc classic and so on....
    a yeah money!
    Last edited by Scarnage86; 2021-12-10 at 07:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sort of depends on the item. As a general rule I am against removing content from the game, especially stuff like mounts. In the case of mounts, for me the "specialness" is having that mount while it's current, I could care less if someone farms it 3 expansions later. We can still farm the Ashes of A'lar, Garroshes wolf should be no different.

Anything having to do with story however, in any way whatsoever, should NEVER be removed from the game (Like the MoP cloak questline). All Story should be accessible forever and by everyone. Wanna take the cloak itself out? Go nuts, but stop removing quests.

My guild was among the first on my server to get the 10man ICC Frost Dragon mount at the time. I don't feel cheapened in the slightest seeing someone I know for a fact joined post-Wrath riding on one nor do I understand those who do.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-12-10 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Sort of depends on the item. As a general rule I am against removing content from the game, especially stuff like mounts. In the case of mounts, I think the "specialness" should be having that mount while it was current. We can still farm the Ashes of A'lar, Garroshes wolf should be no different.

Anything having to do with story however, in any way whatsoever, should NEVER be removed from the game (Like the MoP cloak questline). All Story should be accessible forever and by everyone. Wanna take the cloak itself out? Go nuts, but stop removing quests.

My guild was among the first on my server to get the 10man ICC Frost Dragon mount at the time. I don't feel cheapened in the slightest seeing someone I know for a fact joined post-Wrath riding on one nor do I understand those who do.
    This.

Screw that nonsensical & wasteful epeen-whinging, just keep the damn stuff in the game.
    Especially nowadays it has just become another tool to manipulate parts of the playerbase through Fear Of Missing Out, no different from other common marketing tricks like preorder bonusses.

And let's be honest with ourselves for a moment: Apart from maybe the gladiator mounts most of this stuff wasn't even indicative of notable skill; even nowadays you can quite easily do whatever mythic bullshit you want if you take a mildly serious (read: nonretarded guild or friendgroup) shot at it. It has always been about spending the time, braving the tediousness of organization & being subbed, in that sense little has changed since vanilla.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-12-10 at 07:29 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I just want consistency.

They also have scaling tech and seem to be pretty used to it now, no reason any future challenges can't be evergreen.

Content shouldn't be removed. Ever.

Im in favor of items not to be removed from the game,i have this shield for example and everytime i use it there are people asking me,it sucks blizz decided for all the item they brought back in wrath's naxx this isnt one of them ^^
    Items like this should be available to players imo

Actually it took that guild to farm for you, otherwise you, alone, would never get everything in time to still get it.
    Ackchyually you had plenty of time to farm that shit if you got your scarab lord during wotlk and bc on newly added realms

...which is why scarab lord being unobtainable now is stupid.