Warranty Info & Help on a Temp VC Needed

It appears my year old Sapphire Radeon 5500 XT Video card is sick. WoW won't run because of "inadequate 3D acceleration"and when I download the correct drivers the system crashes. The card was bought from New Egg in Nov 2020 and has a two year warranty.

I need to find out what I need to do to get it repaired under my warranty. I've never had a part fail this soon and I'm a bit lost. So a little step by step would be appreciated.

I expect this will take a while and I will need a temporary card. I have a Radeon R9 380 2gb that I was given for another system but I am going to try to see if it will work with my motherboard. That should answer at least one question. That said it's a six year old card. Will it run WoW ? I suspect not and would like some recommendations. Nothing more that $250 if that's possible anymore. Used even. I'm desperate ! Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Sapphire's warranty is 'contact the seller', in this case Newegg. So you'll need to open a newegg ticket.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/31372 - World of Warcraft Supported Video Cards

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2 GB VRAM), AMD Radeon RX 560 (2 GB VRAM), and Intel UHD Graphics 630 (45W TDP with 8 GB System RAM) are the minimum required cards to run World of Warcraft. Using a slower video card may lead to performance issues in-game.
    Looks like you'll need to get another card while your 5500 XT is RMA'd, and with that I'm not able to help I'm afraid.

Edit: According to your other thread it seems you're able to play WoW with your R9 380 pretty reasonably. Guess I'm mistaken or misread something.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2021-12-24 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/31372 - World of Warcraft Supported Video Cards

Looks like you'll need to get another card while your 5500 XT is RMA'd, and with that I'm not able to help I'm afraid.
    That list doesn't make any sense to me... Since we have about 5 systems running older GPUs than that list. Im wondering if that's just means they provide customer support or something.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    That list doesn't make any sense to me... Since we have about 5 systems running older GPUs than that list. Im wondering if that's just means they provide customer support or something.
    That could well be it, because when I initially read it I was pretty surprised.