Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    All we do is crap on warcraft's writing & its sharp decline but the instant someone is like 'this bit is sus in a racist way' you all turn into the biggest blizzard simps. Its wild to see on a daily basis.
    Despite of all inaccuracies within the book, this one is actually accurate and ironically, one of the things people are some reason upset about.
    We can also flip the table and say that people who have sided with Blizzard on these political issues are now suddenly criticizing them.

All i can say to this: The Revolution eats its own children.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We're on our third or fourth status of the Exodar and given that the next expansion will be on Azeroth this one also won't last long.

The amount of status quo in this is massive, but the illogic of having an Alliance outpost literally outside the Horde capital is balanced by the Shatterspear Tribe inexplicably comin back from being eliminated and also being in Darkshore. Also, I do appreciate that it's a consistent throughline that the Night Elves don't follow the treaty. The Azshara lore is as old as the Cataclysm Baine story and doesn't constitute any new information. Silithus being restored seems the most dubious of all. Seems mostly an inoffensive recap of the post-Cataclysm status quo with some references to the night elves being outside the armistice.

The highlight is probably the bit with the bear riding the Rocketway cars. Bears are cute.
    Nightelves out of the armistice? How about the Horde fucks off from night elf lands like Darkshore and Ashenvale?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blessing in disguise it's delayed again I just cancelled my order sick of this crap.

I feel all the racism and stuff is a stretch, people looking to be offended by misinterpreting every word in bad faith but i'm still not paying £18 for a paper DLC that basically says 'nothing is happening and nothing has changed'.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Typical Draenei. Not helping night elves, instead making friends with the Horde. Yep.

All we do is crap on warcraft's writing & its sharp decline but the instant someone is like 'this bit is sus in a racist way' you all turn into the biggest blizzard simps. Its wild to see on a daily basis.
    Pretty sure your posts are less then genuine in nature but I'll bite.

Disagreeing with what I consider a bad take doesn't make Blizzard's writing good. And literally no one has said that in this entire thread.

Blizzard are actually getting praised for their local/small scale stories(a plot contained to a zone, for instance). It's their overall narrative that's getting attacked(and rightfully so).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Did you not play WoD? Pretty much everything mechanical there was devised by Goblin tinkers and mechanics.
    and they were enemies doing that only for money?

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Yes at the end of Pandaria.
    they were already attacking by the time of cataclysm, and prob even before, i just don't hve the vanilla quests
    So the Orcs went and took a territory and started destroying it and that is considered "not probooting the original owners".
    there is no "destroying" they were taking resources, if they were "destroying" ashenvale would be dead by now, isn't a gigantic place.

the orcs would be pretty ok in staying their part, but since vanilla the elves ar tryign to kick then out, and their agression is what gve Garrosh and Sylvanas reasons to attack and expand more.
    So the Kaldorei are not testing the Horde at this time either.
    they attack again, they get streamrolled again

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Typical Draenei. Not helping night elves, instead making friends with the Horde. Yep.
    Hopefully at some point the Kaldorei recover the souls of their people and do not wonder about what happens to the rest of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they were already attacking by the time of cataclysm, and prob even before, i just don't hve the vanilla quests
    And Pandaria happens after Cata.

there is no "destroying" they were taking resources, if they were "destroying" ashenvale would be dead by now, isn't a gigantic place.

the orcs would be pretty ok in staying their part, but since vanilla the elves ar tryign to kick then out, and their agression is what gve Garrosh and Sylvanas reasons to attack and expand more.
    Cut tree = Destroy tree.

And their parts are outside Ashenvale and as you say they are invading Ashenvale from W3.

Basically the orcs come to the territory of other people and start stealing resources and if the owners defend themselves they are bad.
    What do you have to do to give them the territory?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    He was born in a small village on the Echo Islands. Right there starts out with him less likely to have the best education. Second he's an orphan which takes the chance he got an amazing education and drops it even lower. Third there are constant wars meaning his knowledge is going to be even more limited.
    that is simple lame explanations that only reinforce the part of people in the horde being illiterate savages who can't give their own people basic education, and you all are confirming the tidbit

they can't even teach their own race their own language, he had to ask for a blood elf, cause they obviously, have education, cause they are elves.

And fourth it doesn't state he doesn't know what the fuck erosion is just Lorthemar's word for it. How often do you use the word erosion in real life? Now ask yourself how often you hear it from another language. What are the odds an orphaned noob shaman would know the orcish or Thalassian word for erosion?
    ah yes, how often a savage race understand about their own language, until someone of the other race explain that to then

you are making this look even worse, lmao.
    Shaman's communicate with the spirits and elements spiritually. And given the fact that 99% of Shamans don't know Kalimag it's safe to assume they aren't teaching college courses on unnecessary shit for the job. The majority of teaching is on the job training and now he gots a new job which is why he's learning new shit.
    yes, shamans of the horde also, illiterate savages, just keep bringing on.

You make it sound like motherfuckers go to highschool and shit lol. You know how dumb the average human in real life is now let alone back in the day? What makes you think average joes in Org would be wearing top hats and monocles learning every facet of life?
    i love how you turn this into "basic reading comprehension" to "wearing top hats and monocles" as a bad strawman.

- - - Updated - - -

And Pandaria happens after Cata.
    pointless.

Cut tree = Destroy tree.
    nope, but good try, must be the distorted elf logic.

And their parts are outside Ashenvale and as you say they are invading Ashenvale from W3.
    no, warsong camp is horde territoy, period

Basically the orcs come to the territory of other people and start stealing resources and if the owners defend themselves they are bad.
    What do you have to do to give them the territory?
    Basically the night elves didn't let any sign that the forest was occupied or that belonged to someone else, didn't try to warn people to leave, neither make it clear they were the people who lived there, the scouts didn't find anything, and, unprovoked, they start killing people for their own negligence, defend themselves my ass, they attacked and the orcs attacked back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    shamans are not a kin to mages, mages have a wholly different education structure set up which is based heavily on arcane text unlike any thing we have seen in shamanism.

There’s also no reason to think he had a better life then the normal soldier he wasn’t in any officer or adviser position he was just a foot man.
    yes, shamans and no one in the horde had proper education, thus, making the horde a bunch of neandhertals that need to be taught by elves

keep proving the point.

this is just fanfic there is no indication what training the player goes throw before the start of the game and becoming the star of the show or that every foot man goes through the same thing.
    when you start as a player in troll villages there is other npcs training like you, there is even another shaman who do the quests with you until the end of the troll starting zone., he know how to read, why the others can't?
    We already know the other factions leaders could do it as we know they are literate, it’s effectively the same thing.
    no it isn't, if they could do it, they should have it done, making the blood elf to do it only reinforce the bad stereotypes that people are rightfully complaining about.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-12-13 at 09:44 PM.

nope, but good try, must be the distorted elf logic.
    I know you love being incoherent to favor the Horde. But explain to me how cutting a tree is not destroying it. That is at higher levels of incordance.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Pretty sure your posts are less then genuine in nature but I'll bite.

Disagreeing with what I consider a bad take doesn't make Blizzard's writing good. And literally no one has said that in this entire thread.
    So the writings bad, but its bad in a slightly different way than what the wowhead article described? How dare they.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know you love being incoherent to favor the Horde. But explain to me how cutting a tree is not destroying it. That is at higher levels of incordance.
    destroying

present participle of destroy
    destroy
    verb [ T ]
    UK /dɪˈstrɔɪ/ US /dɪˈstrɔɪ/

to damage something so badly that it cannot be used

to damage something, esp. in a violent way, so that it can no longer be used or no longer exists
    If they are cutting trees to be USED, then its not destroying. the only one incoherent here is you
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-12-13 at 10:13 PM.

So the writings bad, but its bad in a slightly different way than what the wowhead article described? How dare they.
    Correct, some complaints are worthwhile, others aren't. The thing the racebaiters are whinging about has been established lore for ten years. And the effects of Blizzard's intern fucking up mentions of the Dark Portal are significantly less than the net consequences of this particular cancerous form of commentary getting anything but dismissal.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

If they are cutting trees to be USED, then its not destroying. the only one incoherent here is you
    So if the Kaldorei "disarm" a horde camp to use as fertilizer.
    They are not destroying it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That's true enough. I think they do themselves a disservice by not having a continuity editing crew, which they obviously don't seem to have. With a pool of narrative lore as broad and as old as Warcraft, you really need a body of continuity editors double-checking for the most obvious lore/story gaffes. This whole 1,000/10,000 and Dark Portal vs. Well of Eternity gaffe could've been quickly picked up by anyone well-versed in the game's lore (e.g. 75% of the people here). This whole topic puts me in mind of the old "Nerf Now" bit:
    They may not have editors I suppose, but they do have lore historians crew that they can consult at any moment. Yet, quite obviously, even that is beyond their capabilities, because Blizzard writers are allergic to anything even resembling effort. On top of that I'm pretty sure it was Lorelogy, i.e. the chief of said historians, that had the amazing hot take about how the concept of canon is evil because it needlessly constrains the bright minds at Blizz. Making that team worthless anyway.

EDIT: As @Kralljin pointed out in later reply, Lorelogy is the one who wrote this mess to begin with. Making the historian crew double worthless.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-12-13 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They may not have editors I suppose, but they do have lore historians crew that they can consult at any moment. Yet, quite obviously, even that is beyond their capabilities, because Blizzard writers are allergic to anything even resembling effort. On top of that I'm pretty sure it was Lorelogy, i.e. the chief of said historians, that had the amazing hot take about how the concept of canon is evil because it needlessly constrains the bright minds at Blizz. Making that team worthless anyway.

EDIT: As Kralljin pointed out in later reply, Lorelogy is the one who wrote this mess to begin with. Making the historian crew double worthless.
    That means the only thing you can really say is yeah, they suck at their jobs. Copeland/Loreology is either asleep at the wheel as chief of the historians, or he's just a bad writer and is in dire need of one or more copy-editors to doublecheck his prose. I mean some weird and often boneheaded stuff crops up in the most popular works of celebrated authors e.g. Stephen King and his sunset happening on the wrong side of the sky, or the classic Defoe gaffe where the protagonist strips naked, swims out to sea, and then "fills his pockets" with retrieved supplies from a nearby wreck. But that's what editors are there for, and I'm imagining Copeland either didn't have good ones or didn't have any. Weird oversight for a celebrated and moneyed outfit, I guess you'd say - or perhaps "small, indie developer" for the hip kids.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    So if the Kaldorei "disarm" a horde camp to use as fertilizer.
    They are not destroying it either.
    And we all know what that lead, a big elf torch

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes, shamans and no one in the horde had proper education, thus, making the horde a bunch of neandhertals that need to be taught by elves

keep proving the point.
    I didn't say shaman's had no aren't educated just that there education doesn't take the same form as mages, for some one who's so big on the horde one would think you'd actually know something about them but I guess not.

when you start as a player in troll villages there is other npcs training like you, there is even another shaman who do the quests with you until the end of the troll starting zone., he know how to read, why the others can't?
    There is never any indication on rather Zuni could read or not or rather he was taught to read in his training on the isle,

no it isn't, if they could do it, they should have it done, making the blood elf to do it only reinforce the bad stereotypes that people are rightfully complaining about.
    if the problem is who taught him how to read and not rather him being unable to read fits the setting or not then ima file it under none issue.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either. I read it and thought "Yeah that sounds like Goblins ...". Then they try to tie it to jewish people and poisoning which was an absolute stretch. Nothing I read in their examples even remotely struck me as racist. WoWhead has gotten ridiculous with this sort of stuff. And I find the fact they disable comments on anything like this really obnoxious.
    I mean, yea. The whole goblin thing kinda screams of the racist portrayals of Jews. But that's not really new. Wowhead is pointing out something that's been there for years, but that's the least of the book's problem.

And we all know what that lead, a big elf torch
    Nope.
    If we bury all orgrimmar then we are not destroying it. We are only fertilizing the land.