Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    lol fuckin WoWhead...

https://www.wowhead.com/news/world-o...-racial-325248

"Waaah new lore book is racist!!!!"

And of course comments are disabled cause you might have a different opinion? We'll have none of that.
    It bothers me that they hide the problems of the low Lore "is racist".
    We went on from "this movie is not bad, it is that the female protagonist and that is why you do not like her." A "The problem with the book is not that it is irrelevant to the lore, the problem is that it is racist."

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    The only things I don't like is Zekhan, a Shaman, not knowing about Erosion, Zekhan not being literate and Gazlowe's personality clearly being a fuckup. I think they got Gazlowe and Gallywix mixed up.
    And Shaman with warrior

Why are people still buying this crap

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    I don't get the outrage. Almost nobody likes goblins and them polluting the nature around them has been obvious and part of lore for a while now. The Venture Company were famous for how damaging to the environment they were.

The only things I don't like is Zekhan, a Shaman, not knowing about Erosion, Zekhan not being literate and Gazlowe's personality clearly being a fuckup. I think they got Gazlowe and Gallywix mixed up.
    Zekhan not being literate or not knowing what erosion is doesn't seem out of place at all shadows risings shows that he's not all that great of a shaman and he's a war orphan in a society with likely doesn't have a public education system set up, actually I don't think any faction in all of wow has have a schooling system beyond things like specialized orders like the silver hand or cenarian circle.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its amazing how night elves can lose like 90% of their population and yet there is absolutely no consequence to that.
    Much like how High Elves lost roughly 90% of their population and even split into two, later three factions (two of which are playable) and somehow are still going strong on all fronts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Zekhan not being literate or not knowing what erosion is doesn't seem out of place at all shadows risings shows that he's not all that great of a shaman and he's a war orphan in a society with likely doesn't have a public education system set up, actually I don't think any faction in all of wow has have a schooling system beyond things like specialized orders like the silver hand or cenarian circle.
    I think the outrage is mainly because Lor'themar, a "white guy" taught him how to read and write. Honestly if it was stated to be Thalassian that Lor'themar was teaching Zekhan I think it wouldn't have gone the way it did. However that was never directly stated, so it could be interpreted that Lor'themar taught Zekhan in general and not a specific language.

lol fuckin WoWhead...

And of course comments are disabled cause "You might have a different opinion? We'll have none of that!"
    Not limited to WoWhead. This will 99.9999% get us some green text.

Now that people have started comparing Horde races to IRL ones, you can bet a kidney there will be more fruit bowl incidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I think the outrage is mainly because Lor'themar, a "white guy" taught him how to read and write. Honestly if it was stated to be Thalassian that Lor'themar was teaching Zekhan I think it wouldn't have gone the way it did. However that was never directly stated, so it could be interpreted that Lor'themar taught Zekhan in general and not a specific language.
    I mean if that's the case then it's just people looking for a reason to be upset and ignoring lore to do so because both of the Zekhan example's line up with what wed expect from established lore.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Much like how High Elves lost roughly 90% of their population and even split into two, later three factions (two of which are playable) and somehow are still going strong on all fronts.
    That's different, don't you know? They're Horde, so it's ok, because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Yes, PPL at blizzard can't count they never would, even blood elfs died in W3 almost all of them, and in TBC u can see them everywhere, even if u killed half of them (outland).
    Kael only took the strongest and healthiest with him to Outland where they became baddies or Scryers. Most of them remained in Silvermoon waiting for Kael's word.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

lol fuckin WoWhead...

And of course comments are disabled cause "You might have a different opinion? We'll have none of that!"
    WoWhead is becoming a joke with their garbage takes.

Also people who insinuate goblins are jews unironically are some of the biggest closet racists out there.

lol fuckin WoWhead...

LOL I was just about to post the same thing. Wowhead can't go one day without mentioning the core tenant of wokism - thou shall findeth racismus in everything.

They are actually fucked. Woke piece of shit website run by woke idiots that never allow any other dissenting opinion in fear that people might realise THEY are the ones with a problem.

I love how they say "heavily criticised for depicting racial stereotypes"... by who? Why do their opinions matter? These people are insufferable. I'm glad there are so many other great wow resources out there so I don't have to use that piece of shit
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2021-12-13 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    WoWhead is becoming a joke with their garbage takes.

Also people who insinuate goblins are jews unironically are some of the biggest closet racists out there.
    I'm going to leave this itching.
    The "primogenic" Humans were black and lived with nature. Then they traveled to a new continent and due to conditions and other things they became White. These white humans drifted away from nature.

The "primogenicos" Elves were violet in color and lived with nature. Then they traveled to a new continent and due to conditions and other things they became White. These white humans drifted away from nature.

But no one is going to tell you that a Kaldorei is a Negro. Why? because they are cute. Minority races always have to be ugly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    I'm going to leave this itching.
    The "primogenic" Humans were black and lived with nature. Then they traveled to a new continent and due to conditions and other things they became White. These white humans drifted away from nature.

The "primogenicos" Elves were violet in color and lived with nature. Then they traveled to a new continent and due to conditions and other things they became White. These white humans drifted away from nature.

But no one is going to tell you that a Kaldorei is a Negro. Why? because they are cute. Minority races always have to be ugly.
    This really doesn’t add up of you look at the full scope of the elf’s.

The night elfs were a advanced Society not in touch nature behaving how ever they wanted because they had a vast well of power that they used to build a massive magic empire, all violet. They then tried to summon Satan an some stood against it, all violet. After they won those who wanted to be in touch with nature kicked those who used magic out saying they could no longer keep in contact with the nature spirts or any thing left over of the empire, all violent.

Then and only then in exile did the violet elfs leave and turned white and even then they didn’t drift away from nature they just never embraced it the same way the the elfs that exiled then did and instead stuck to what there empire was originally.

With the whole scope on display Night and high elfs don’t work at all for black and white people ( the idea that all white people lost touch with nature in of it self is nonsense) hell if you wanted to get even close you’d have to go from trolls to elfs which wood make the violet elfs the white people and the purple green blue ect trolls black people, but even that comparison would be nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This really doesn’t add up of you look at the full scope of the elf’s.

The night elfs were a advanced Society not in touch nature behaving how ever they wanted because they had a vast well of power that they used to build a massive magic empire, all violet. They then tried to summon Satan an some stood against it, all violet. After they won those who wanted to be in touch with nature kicked those who used magic out saying they could no longer keep in contact with the nature spirts or any thing left over of the empire, all violent.

Then and only then in exile did the violet elfs leave and turned white and even then they didn’t drift away from nature they just never embraced it the same way the the elfs that exiled then did and instead stuck to what there empire was originally.

With the whole scope on display Night and high elfs don’t work at all for black and white people ( the idea that all white people lost touch with nature in of it self is nonsense) hell if you wanted to get even close you’d have to go from trolls to elfs which wood make the violet elfs the white people and the purple green blue ect trolls black people, but even that comparison would be nonsense.
    You are right. So I am really only left with the topic of Color and the movement of continents.

Let me get this straight. The narrative of High Elves is that they were naturalistic Night Elves, who sailed to the Eastern lands, 'evolving' into Caucasians basically thanks to the power of.. the Light aka Abrahamic God? Like what the fuck? Did D. W. Griffith write the High Elves? It all sounds like a bad 18th century anthropology lecture.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol fuckin WoWhead...

ogoing out of the discussion if its racism or not, the complains are completely valid here.

- Zekhan being illiterate is completely nonsensical, him needing to be taught how to read and write by a fucking elf is completely bonkers, unless he is talking about common, yet again, completely nonsensical how Zekhan don't know what erosion is and had to be taught yet again by lorthemar.

The writers here clearly believe the horde is a bunch of Neanderthals that need to be taught by the higher races like elves and undeads, nothing new with the new writing team who have no fucking idea of how thee horde work.

- Still make no sense that the water supply of orgrimmar is poisoned by goblins, the supply was fine after the cataclysm, and if this was a problem, WHY THE HELL NO ONE IS DEALING WITH IT, they can just make the goblins stop or even make up a invention to clean the water, fuck they can make chicken and eggs, this would not be problem.

This is going back to status pre-cataclysm, making the horde be in the shit surrounded and attacked by the alliance, so their only option is to attack again.

- They are ruining Gazlowe in this book, He does not speak like that, he was one of the few Goblins who were not crazy about profit and time and time again risk his neck and business to help the horde.

that letter was clearly wrote taking Gallywix in account, and if they are going to make the new one a copy of the old one, why kick Gallywix out in the first place?

Who the hell wrote this book

lol fuckin WoWhead...

You can never be woke enough to appease the mob. Eventually they will turn on you.

lol fuckin WoWhead...

I can understand if comments are disabled if the contents of the comments become, at best, heated, and at worst, a total dumpster fire. But I'd rather have that dumpster fire than having nothing at all.

As for the book, I think most people would have problems with it because it screws around with the lore and the characters (making nice characters into total jerks, mainly).

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ogoing out of the discussion if its racism or not, the complains are completely valid here.

- Zekhan being illiterate is completely nonsensical, him needing to be taught how to read and write by a fucking elf is completely bonkers, unless he is talking about common, yet again, completely nonsensical how Zekhan don't know what erosion is and had to be taught yet again by lorthemar.

The writers here clearly believe the horde is a bunch of Neanderthals that need to be taught by the higher races like elves and undeads, nothing new with the new writing team who have no fucking idea of how thee horde work.

- Still make no sense that the water supply of orgrimmar is poisoned by goblins, the supply was fine after the cataclysm, and if this was a problem, WHY THE HELL NO ONE IS DEALING WITH IT, they can just make the goblins stop or even make up a invention to clean the water, fuck they can make chicken and eggs, this would not be problem.

This is going back to status pre-cataclysm, making the horde be in the shit surrounded and attacked by the alliance, so their only option is to attack again.

- They are ruining Gazlowe in this book, He does not speak like that, he was one of the few Goblins who were not crazy about profit and time and time again risk his neck and business to help the horde.

that letter was clearly wrote taking Gallywix in account, and if they are going to make the new one a copy of the old one, why kick Gallywix out in the first place?

Who the hell wrote this book
    The way all of our characters can read and write doesn’t necessarily mean the average Azerothian citizen can. Especially with the way the world has a major war every few years. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are many children receiving no or subpar education, but learning to fight and use magic as soon as they can.

It sounds like Zekhan already knew what erosion was, and understood the process, he just didn’t put that word to it. Personally I find it interesting the idea that people could learn to use magic that defies nature and physics without fully understanding them.

I agree on Gazlowe acting out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It bothers me that they hide the problems of the low Lore "is racist".
    We went on from "this movie is not bad, it is that the female protagonist and that is why you do not like her." A "The problem with the book is not that it is irrelevant to the lore, the problem is that it is racist."
    You think calling a book racist is a strategy to hide the poor writing? Interesting strategy.

But I do notice the same people complaining about the racial stereotypes, that the article backs up in depth, are always complaining about this sort of thing, so clearly they don't think "anything" is racist. Including them leaning into the jewish caricatures.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    The way all of our characters can read and write doesn’t necessarily mean the average Azerothian citizen can. Especially with the way the world has a major war every few years. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are many children receiving no or subpar education, but learning to fight and use magic as soon as they can.
    this is not an excuse, anyone in the horde could have thaught him, like you know, someone from his own tribe, receiving subpar education and none at all are completely different things

We start as adventurers knowing how to read and write, showing recruits have at least a decent amount of knowledge, that is the bare minimum, know to read their orders in paper., the horde is not a bunch of Neanderthals, trolls are an ancient people with their own language, nonsense the trolls would not teach their own, they had to bring an elf, and none any elf, the leader of the blood elves

cause the leader don't have much to do, he will for sure, teach a troll how to read and write, cause no one in kalindor can

Again, this only make sense if Zekhan was o learn the common language, but the book does not lead to anything towards that,

That or the book pretty much assume orcish and troll as languages don't exist anymore, or, a blood elf had to teach orcish/troll to a troll

It sounds like Zekhan already knew what erosion was, and understood the process, he just didn’t put that word to it. Personally I find it interesting the idea that people could learn to use magic that defies nature and physics without fully understanding them.
    Yeah, one of the most ancient races in azeroth, didn't understand the law of nature and are so stupid that they didn't knew how to make a word for it, much interesting when the horde races are the stupid ones

Well now we know why the horde will attack again soon and why the peace threat will not last long, horde people can't fucking read the terms
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-12-13 at 05:11 AM.