Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Isn't there some blue post floating around somewhere that says were due an announcement in February even though Blizzcon got cut? That seems the most likely time for it to be dropped in my opinion. Drop a big trailer with some attention grabbing details that will keep players strung along for the next 4-8 months of content drought after the last patch is dropped. Maybe put the main selling point out front and center to really drive it home with a promise of things to come in the prepatch (kinda like they did with Allied races in BFA prepatch).

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Somebody sounds a little bitter that most people like Wrath better than your favourite expansion... lol.
    I know Cata will never be the favorite of others. Even though it was the expansion that changed questdesign from Kill X do Y, to fun interactive once inbetween.

But that isnt the point, Woltk is loved while representing everything people blame modern expansions for. Timegating, reused content, recolours , cash shop and so on.
    Which shows that the easiest way to catch players is nodtalgia not content.

BUT to give you the satisfication of being right with me being bitter…
    How comes people call Sylvanas a cartoon villain but would drop with open mouth infront of arthas.

Sylvanas = character with bad reasons for doing what she did and plot armor.

Arthas = literall cartoon villain appearing while questing, taunting the player, summoning a servant than losing and running away laughing ‚‘ muhahah wait until we meet next time heros, with a stronger servant ‚‘

Or....you need Wow to continue because with out Wow , mmoc ceases to exist , pretty much dying any way. And with out this site...you lose that special status you have?

Blizzard and ATVI are in free fall. It's one bad news story after another. Blizzard has not created a new game in ages, with nothing new on the horizon. Wall Street is beating this company to death until changes are made. Wow is a dinosaur profits dwindling band costs to maintain are soaring. Even if makes money, it's becoming a joke and the brand is hurting more than helping.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Somewhere around last week in Januari first week in Februari.

After the first major patch of Endwalker so they can copy-cat some feature and deploy badly in 10.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I know Cata will never be the favorite of others. Even though it was the expansion that changed questdesign from Kill X do Y, to fun interactive once inbetween.

But that isnt the point, Woltk is loved while representing everything people blame modern expansions for. Timegating, reused content, recolours , cash shop and so on.
    Which shows that the easiest way to catch players is nodtalgia not content.

BUT to give you the satisfication of being right with me being bitter…
    How comes people call Sylvanas a cartoon villain but would drop with open mouth infront of arthas.

Sylvanas = character with bad reasons for doing what she did and plot armor.

Arthas = literall cartoon villain appearing while questing, taunting the player, summoning a servant than losing and running away laughing ‚‘ muhahah wait until we meet next time heros, with a stronger servant ‚‘
    I mean, to be fair, concerning reused assets, recolours and time gating, you could argue that preceeds wotlk. Tbc dungeon gear is, in part, recolours of vanilla sets, dungeons within the same theme share assets too.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    I cant say for sure but I can hope for sooner announcement.

I have a good 'marketingDAR'; i.e. I think I understand well how they want to promote this; and it's a big part of their entire corporation so they want to be very careful about it because if they fail it's not just a warcraft fail: it may mean the collapse of their existence itself: their shareholders (their actual customers) know this.

It will never happen without the harassment scandal quieting down first; that's why you see them spamming 'news' about their 'change'; they do not want news from competitors being like: "Blizzard who is deep into a harassment scandal attempts to promote their biggest game lol" (that'd be an easy low blow).

Therefore and knowing how long these stay up in the public sphere we will have either a) a very long delay of *at least* 1 year from now b) a big restructuring of the product line itself (e.g. warcraft changing name or the company itself) c) company suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, to be fair, concerning reused assets, recolours and time gating, you could argue that preceeds wotlk. Tbc dungeon gear is, in part, recolours of vanilla sets, dungeons within the same theme share assets too.
    Always felt Woltk pushed it over the top when it came to endgame items. Just look at the tournaments tier sets, was it t8 or 9 ? Thats just being lazy

and ICC timegating was just on a other level too. Reused assests is one thing, but reusing two whole raids ?