Poll: Do you think Thrall will keep his promise to Tyrande Whisperwind regarding Sylvanas?»

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    the relevant cinematics are happening post Jailer fight.
    I remember when they said this about the Elune cinematic so based on experience I assume that this cinematic will contribute little or even subtract to the plot of Tyrande.

Sylvanas is apparently going to be alive and nothing Tyrande says or is told will serve to justify that decently for the Kaldorei plot.

PS: Although things may change and it turns out that she is dead ... but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    We have not seen anything like that on the PTR yet, it might still happen.
    However, someone datamined ingame cinematic animation data were Tyrande attacks Sylvanas (by throwing one glaive at her after all Azeroth heroes gathered and Sylvanas soul would get judged probably...
    This sounds interesting, is there a source for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ready for the story to head into the night elves pushing the horde.

Tyrande isn't getting any justice. That's where her story is going. She got no justice for Teldrassil, she got denied her victory over Sylvanas. She must be so angry and hurt. The story will end with her being denied that justice, possibly from Anduin or other Alliance leaders, and she'll just finally snap and tell off the Alliance.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-01-01 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

Tyrande isn't getting any justice. That's where her story is going. She got no justice for Teldrassil, she got denied her victory over Sylvanas. She must be so angry and hurt. The story will end with her being denied that justice, possibly from Anduin or other Alliance leaders, and she'll just finally snap and tell off the Alliance.
    This is the way the story won't go, but should. It's how they salvaged the last time they wrote themselves into this situation, also involving Sylvanas. Sylvanas fought Arthas, lost and had no role in the end resolution to the guy who fucked her over and the race she was in charge of had effectively achieved its goal. Instead of waving a magic wand and turning them into peaceniks though, Cataclysm made "and then what" the whole meat of Sylvanas and the Forsaken's story. The same would fit with Tyrande here, she fails to get rid of Sylvanas, there is a cosmic answer for the souls of Teldrassil but none for the night elves still alive who still lost tons of land and remain at risk. So she should effectively branch off to do her own thing, thumbing her nose at the Alliance in the process. Properly done this can reinvigorate a race that was otherwise at a narrative dead end. Not that I'd trust the current staff to do what Kosak and Afrasiabi pulled off with the Cataclysm Forsaken, even if they had any intention to, which doesn't look to be the case.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is the way the story won't go, but should. It's how they salvaged the last time they wrote themselves into this situation, also involving Sylvanas. Sylvanas fought Arthas, lost and had no role in the end resolution to the guy who fucked her over and the race she was in charge of had effectively achieved its goal. Instead of waving a magic wand and turning them into peaceniks though, Cataclysm made "and then what" the whole meat of Sylvanas and the Forsaken's story. The same would fit with Tyrande here, she fails to get rid of Sylvanas, there is a cosmic answer for the souls of Teldrassil but none for the night elves still alive who still lost tons of land and remain at risk. So she should effectively branch off to do her own thing, thumbing her nose at the Alliance in the process. Properly done this can reinvigorate a race that was otherwise at a narrative dead end. Not that I'd trust the current staff to do what Kosak and Afrasiabi pulled off with the Cataclysm Forsaken, even if they had any intention to, which doesn't look to be the case.
    I'm ready for a "hush, Tyrande" from Anduin this time and she goes full on rage mode and acknowledges for herself the bullshit way her people are treated in a meta sort of way

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Let's be honest with eachother; they have most likely forgotten about this the moment the first paper of the novel came out of the printer.
    Yeah, this. I'd be legitimately surprised if they remember that this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Come to think of it, I wonder why they don't use the Blight, by now greatly refined, to kill the Scourge forces after the Fourth War.
    For the same reason that the Vindicaar didn't blast the shit out of the Horde during the Darkshore invasion. "That's not the story that we want to tell", or w/e it was that they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    What you said. Even if narrative writers (especially Danuser) saw night elves as anything as a throw away token to show how violent, cool, badass and metul their current darlings are... They wouldnt have the balls or skill to write them properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Yeah, this. I'd be legitimately surprised if they remember that this happened.

For the same reason that the Vindicaar didn't blast the shit out of the Horde during the Darkshore invasion. "That's not the story that we want to tell", or w/e it was that they said.
    Just destroying siege equipment on the beach and then helping the evacuation with their portals would have being great and actually in a spirit of the "peacekeeper" draenei.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

she should have died long ago already, night elves are one of the few races since vanilla that didn't change their leadership, together with their retrograde way thinking its only holding their narrative down.

Plus, nothing that does not include burning or burying orgrimar down will be enough for the fanbase, so this is a moot point.

Novels are noncanon by default.

she isnt bound to that body as she is a banshee so he could just take her head and swap her body, one could argue that if she was not then her dying at icecrown doesnt make sense but she did land on materiel's made from an old god so i guess that might have factored in. other than that its more likely she will die and he would just hand over her body without being the one that killed her. or weaker still sylv will just get redeemed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Novels, short stories, and comics issued by Blizzard are canon by default - they're only non-canon in the cases where Blizzard specifically de-canonizes them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That's just flat out wrong - be default.

On topic; nope. He won't. And the fact that Blizzard even hinted at this outcome, shows that they didn't have a long term plan in regards to the story of SL.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

Such a blatant and ill-informed lie of a statement, one has to wonder why you would post this to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    she should have died long ago already, night elves are one of the few races since vanilla that didn't change their leadership, together with their retrograde way thinking its only holding their narrative down.

Plus, nothing that does not include burning or burying orgrimar down will be enough for the fanbase, so this is a moot point.
    Same can be said for Sylvanas. She was introduced in Warcraft 3 and havent left her position as Forsaken leader till the end of BfA.

And she is not dying, likely ever.

Also you assume a lot, for someone who hates anything that aint horde.

They couldnt even give Ashenvale back to the elves and allow them that tiny victory. How can you know what would be “enough” when we havent had anything yet?

Its the same as saying that a feast wouldnt satisfy a starving man, who begs for a loaf of bread to eat with water.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Same can be said for Sylvanas. She was introduced in Warcraft 3 and havent left her position as Forsaken leader till the end of BfA.

And she is not dying, likely ever.
    i like how everything that is said people counter argument is "pointing to another thing", like it will make somehow, valid.

Yah sylavanas should have being gone since wtlk does not mean malfurion and tyande should be around, at least sylvanas already left forsaken leadership.
    Also you assume a lot, for someone who hates anything that aint horde.
    I don't assume, i see what other people write here.
    They couldnt even give Ashenvale back to the elves and allow them that tiny victory. How can you know what would be “enough” when we havent had anything yet?
    Horde already left darkshore and most of the ashenvale, they are attacking the rest of ashenvale and azshara, but still isn't enough.

Wanting the entire ashenvale out of horde is just preposterous knowing what happen in wc3

Its the same as saying that a feast wouldnt satisfy a starving man, who begs for a loaf of bread to eat with water.
    sure, appeal to emotion thing;

i like how everything that is said people counter argument is "pointing to another thing", like it will make somehow, valid.

Yah sylavanas should have being gone since wtlk does not mean malfurion and tyande should be around, at least sylvanas already left forsaken leadership.

I don't assume, i see what other people write here.

Horde already left darkshore and most of the ashenvale, they are attacking the rest of ashenvale and azshara, but still isn't enough.

Wanting the entire ashenvale out of horde is just preposterous knowing what happen in wc3

sure, appeal to emotion thing;
    Nah, you just assume shit and then try and do the “if you disagree with me you just wrong and i am always right” rhetorics trick.

Its about as simple as that.

Also, Ashenvale was canonically fully free of Horde since night elves made a deal with them and left Azshara in return.

And i would rather have no elfs in Azshara and no orcs in Ashenvale then current status quo that just exists to keep the game as it was set in Cata to avoid revamping the world.

Thing is - i dont give a shit about attacking Horde. Blizz love you, Blizz cherish you, Blizz cant harm you. Thats about fine with me. But i also dont want to interact with the Horde. Alliance and Horde need to be put apart, without peace or war. Because frankly fighting you is impossible due to Blizz taking it personally and peace is kinda ridiculous at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, you just assume shit and then try and do the “if you disagree with me you just wrong and i am always right” rhetorics trick.

Its about as simple as that.
    i think i have pretty enough data with the dailly night elf threads in this forum, so, nothing to assume.
    Also, Ashenvale was canonically fully free of Horde since night elves made a deal with them and left Azshara in return.
    Nope, Warsong gulch was always there, that part of the forest was horde since wc3.

And i would rather have no elfs in Azshara and no orcs in Ashenvale then current status quo that just exists to keep the game as it was set in Cata to avoid revamping the world.
    yeah, left shit azshara to the orcs, and force then out of ashenvale where they were since wc3, cause night elves don't like green people.

Thing is - i dont give a shit about attacking Horde. Blizz love you, Blizz cherish you, Blizz cant harm you. Thats about fine with me. But i also dont want to interact with the Horde. Alliance and Horde need to be put apart, without peace or war. Because frankly fighting you is impossible due to Blizz taking it personally and peace is kinda ridiculous at this point.
    And another appeal to emotion, blizzard love and cherish the horde so much that the faction is dead, their characters dead, their fantasy and thematic dead.

but bohoo there is some green people in the forests i don't use, what a blasphemy

i think i have pretty enough data with the dailly night elf threads in this forum, so, nothing to assume.

Nope, Warsong gulch was always there, that part of the forest was horde since wc3.

yeah, left shit azshara to the orcs, and force then out of ashenvale where they were since wc3, cause night elves don't like green people.

And another appeal to emotion, blizzard love and cherish the horde so much that the faction is dead, their characters dead, their fantasy and thematic dead.

but bohoo there is some green people in the forests i don't use, what a blasphemy
    Your own argument is literally the same so shut the fuck up about appeals to emotions.

“Faction is dead” - i can say the same about Alliance.

Also Azshara is not shit, far from it. Less trees then Ashenvale, but still enough (if you remember how game shows zones differently then lore) and it also has sea access and mineral resources.

Also Ashenvale is night elves home, and their most populated zone. Because all other zones that COULD HAVE being theirs got peddled to Cenarion Circle and turned into international circuses.

Also with that kind of thinking Alliance should take huge chunk of Tirisfal and build a fuck-off Cathedral of Light there, blasting holy hymns and circling Vindicaar around it with lights on 24/7. See how Forsaken dans will react to that. Oh and all Forsaken settlements in the region will be either destroyed or under constant siege.

I promise you, if that happened they would never shut up, till the head death of universe.

You just never felt the real kick in the nuts so you have no idea how horde fans would react. But from what i saw on this forums they explode with outrage any time Alliance gets mildly proactive.

What will happen imo. When we log in we will receive a calling quest to meet a neutral goblin back in Booty Bay. We go there and he sends us to kill an undead mob from a nearby camp and bring him his head. Then he will carefully place the head in a bag, close it and the goblin will play soccer with his tauren bodyguard for a bit and he will deliver us an unrecognisable really beat up undead head. We will deliver that said head to Tyrande which will complete Thralls bargain. In the meantime Sylvanas is sent into exile never to be seen again.

Oh and this was a joke obviously so no flame pls..

7+ Year Old Account
    Your own argument is literally the same so shut the fuck up about appeals to emotions.
    nope, but nice try flipping the "no, u" card
    “Faction is dead” - i can say the same about Alliance.
    Alliance still have their leaders, alliance still have their thematic, alliance still fine, they even got more shit after BfA, making the status quo go back to pre-cataclysm, where they had massive advantage.

Yeah, poor night elves, isn't like they have other major places to live, unlike forsaken, who you know, got screwed over and now have an alliance character for leader.

Also Azshara is not shit, far from it. Less trees then Ashenvale, but still enough (if you remember how game shows zones differently then lore) and it also has sea access and mineral resources.
    azshara ws a place overun by demons and elementals, is fucked. Isn't all (troll)night elf ancient land all the same? why cry about one and let the other free?

Also Ashenvale is night elves home, and their most populated zone. Because all other zones that COULD HAVE being theirs got peddled to Cenarion Circle and turned into international circuses.
    Ashenvale is not their most populated zone, they only go there because they keep fighting the warsong, hyjal, teldrasil and even feralas were bigger.

and isn't like the horde is set on top of night elves settlements or kicking then out of their homes, they are in the damn border of the place, where nobody lived, they were not making any difference.

Also with that kind of thinking Alliance should take huge chunk of Tirisfal and build a fuck-off Cathedral of Light there, blasting holy hymns and circling Vindicaar around it with lights on 24/7. See how Forsaken dans will react to that. Oh and all Forsaken settlements in the region will be either destroyed or under constant siege.
    isn't like half of that didn't happened to then already

I promise you, if that happened they would never shut up, till the head death of universe.

You just never felt the real kick in the nuts so you have no idea how horde fans would react. But from what i saw on this forums they explode with outrage any time Alliance gets mildly proactive.
    Come back to me when they villain bat your racial leaders, kill all your prominent npcs, you pass 2 expansion without a racial leader and then get your entire thematic shafted.

Or even better, talk to me about "real kick in the nuts" when a horde character became racial leader of the night elves
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-01-03 at 09:58 PM.