Living without convoke - Covenant balance is horrific bad.

So ever since 9.1.5 I started just grinding the other covenants, giving the 3 other a chance. But nope....Be it doing Torghast, PvP, farming WQ's or even some 5 mans, Convoke and Night Fae is just 20 times better. I pop convoke and do 15k DPS with 233 Ilvl feral druid, or I pop a stupid dot on some bullshit 20 sec cd that does nothing.

I have played wow since semi early classic, and never has the balance been this bad for a class specific spec-choice thingy.

Honestly the day we loose Convoke ill be sad. Finally druids, tank, restro, dps actually has a good CD...Especially feral has needed such a thing a lot. Its not like feral druid is good - Say hello to lazerchicken always being better than us for over a decade now, but damn...Balance is so bad on the 3 other covenants.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Moonkins go for venthyr for everything.

Pvp druid mostly goes necro.

Resto druids go kyrian for m+ and raids with some mix from NightFae.

Seems pretty balanced to me.

NF is just easier to play overall so more people go for it, but it definetelly isn't the best for everything unlike warlocks where the soul shape is so huge you don't care if other covenants do 3% more DPS.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Moonkins go for venthyr for everything.

Pvp druid mostly goes necro.

Resto druids go kyrian for m+ and raids with some mix from NightFae.

Seems pretty balanced to me.

NF is just easier to play overall so more people go for it, but it definetelly isn't the best for everything unlike warlocks where the soul shape is so huge you don't care if other covenants do 3% more DPS.
    Hm...

Venthyr for boomkin, what does it do? For feral and guardian its beyond useless. I mean convoke on balance is insane - I remember still what 5-6 months later, when I walked past a boomkin and he popped convoke when I ran near him WM on...Died in 1.5 sec or so and he didnt even target me.

I can see that for survival and stuff necrolord is fun for PvP (RGB flag carrying/tank role mostly), but convoke man...1 min CD with the lego have fun.

Dont know enough about healing.

All I know is that its "oh fuck im dying, ill just heal my self up" button, or "I need to nuke pop convoke". Like it SAVES ME TIME in gut damn questing...But if im dying it can also be used defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hm...

Venthyr for boomkin, what does it do? For feral and guardian its beyond useless. I mean convoke on balance is insane - I remember still what 5-6 months later, when I walked past a boomkin and he popped convoke when I ran near him WM on...Died in 1.5 sec or so and he didnt even target me.

I can see that for survival and stuff necrolord is fun for PvP (RGB flag carrying/tank role mostly), but convoke man...1 min CD with the lego have fun.

Dont know enough about healing.

All I know is that its "oh fuck im dying, ill just heal my self up" button, or "I need to nuke pop convoke". Like it SAVES ME TIME in gut damn questing...But if im dying it can also be used defensively.
    Venthyr boom is like the top DPS spec in the game right now, that's why it's getting nerfed basically into the ground. You get a 30 second ramp, followed by massive damage. In M+ dungeons where a tank pulls a lot a venth can do like 70k+ DPS. That being said, your CD's are on a 3 minute CD and when they're not up you do tank damage but still, it's better than NF by about 10%.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Venthyr boom is like the top DPS spec in the game right now, that's why it's getting nerfed basically into the ground. You get a 30 second ramp, followed by massive damage. In M+ dungeons where a tank pulls a lot a venth can do like 70k+ DPS. That being said, your CD's are on a 3 minute CD and when they're not up you do tank damage but still, it's better than NF by about 10%.
    Ah thats funky. I guess my POV from feral and guardian just makes me not know much else then Defiantly I miss badly night fae on feral, and its not even that good on AOE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too play Feral (albeit as an alt for this expansion, was my main in WoD and Legion) and a 1-minute Convoke (per the Covenant Legendary) is just too good to pass up. I mostly do M+ and it just works out too perfectly.

Pretty much 80% of ferals on arena are necro though, so that "convoke is better in every scenario" is bullshit.

It is easier and more convenient to play, especially on low ranks and in ove so maybe that's why you are gettig these vibes. For any non-serious content all covenants are ok...

The issue is that most of the Feral PvE damage comes from Convoke, but Blizzard is well-advised to rebuild the whole Feral spec with the next expansion anyway.

I know my Prot Pally will still get to Divine Toll in Dragonflight. Will my Bear get some version of Convoke on talents tree?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I know my Prot Pally will still get to Divine Toll in Dragonflight. Will my Bear get some version of Convoke on talents tree?
    Yes, actually. It's a choice node with the various Incarnation abilities for every spec in the penultimate tier for melee specs and the one above that for the caster specs.

I wonder if a Captain America prot spec will be viable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Divine toll is still there but avengers shield doesnt generate holy power so it just a damage button now.