Poll: Do you want playable ogres?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Swing that reminds me of his meme which I could absolutely see wow doing again.
    Oh shit i laughed way too hard cause it true.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I've thought for a while now they could do Ogres on the Kul'tiran skeleton.
    Figured we see Ogres, at the very least, as a allied race because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    If they look anything like Kul'tiran or Mogu, I think we're good. Make them thick.
    Yes, I'll take Ogres and Mogu.

How do we know female orgres are not already in the game and beyond genitals their bodies are identical?

Not everything has to reflect human physiology does it?

I like the first picture. I just don’t think Blizzard would go that direction, because the breasts are too big. Blizzard is trying to remove a lot of the sexual elements from their games (stupid). They nerfed Jaina’s breasts in Hearthstone for example a couple years back.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hea...jainas-hotness

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    First model looks great. Kind of exactly what I picture a female Ogre in WarCraft would look like.

This is a good point but aren't Ogre sizes inconsistent to begin with? I seem to remember the ones in Dire Maul and other dungeons being way bigger than the friendly NPCs.

Nothing to do with Ogres specifically, enemies in general have much bigger models. Just look at the size of human mob in Naxxramas, especially bosses, compared to human PC.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    These just look like orcs while the Op's examples look like kul'tirans with some spikes.
    Hate to break it to you, but female ogres do look like orcs: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20200401120159 though they do exist in bulkier versions too obviously https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180301182529

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I like the first picture. I just don’t think Blizzard would go that direction, because the breasts are too big. Blizzard is trying to remove a lot of the sexual elements from their games (stupid). They nerfed Jaina’s breasts in Hearthstone for example a couple years back.

think that would imply if one would find female ogres 'sexy', its hardly male power fantasy levels of female imagery here :P

Also having large breasts or an exposed form being forced to be covered is usually a move made by international markets and not the scary SJW boogiemen we all like to jump around at. Not to say some changes are not made by the later but the blame isn't always on one thing. The big downside to being a huge international company like Blizzard it seems.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-17 at 10:14 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Ogres have been in the Horde since....how long now? How many clans? They should be playable. But now? We'd need something to explain them shrinking down from the sizes we normally fight, or just use the Mok'nothal instead.

KT skeleton comes to mind, but I'm sure the usual folks will be by to explain how that doesn't work shortly, I forgot the reasoning, but it made sense (hence the need to shrink them).
    Only one clan seems to be part of the Horde, and that's the Stonemaul. They've been members since TFT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Female ogres don't fit in the lore and Ogres in general don't fit in certain places in the game. Nonetheless, both can be accomodated. And, Blizzard could easily Retro fit females into the game like they've done with many others things that don't in the lore or the game. For example, they could do something like Female Ogres were oppressed to the homeland and relegated to the kitchen and kids for years, but now they're liberated and can venture out into the world fight for the themselves. It would be a massive hit the ever growing WOW SJW crowd.
    That's just not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I think ogres would make sense for the Horde, they've been in the lore and part of the Horde since the start.

But without an equally cool race to give to the Alliance, it wouldn't be...hhahahahahaha just kidding, we'll give the Alliance mecha-void-dwarves or something equally pointless.
    Not quite, they didn't join the Horde until Warcraft 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

They added a shirt - nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Only one clan seems to be part of the Horde, and that's the Stonemaul. They've been members since TFT.
    Stonemaul and dunemaul are part of the horde now. Donemaul joined back in cata.

There is also the stonemail ogres that came with the maghar from alternate draenor, and other ogres who randomly decide to join later

Not quite, they didn't join the Horde until Warcraft 2.
    sure? i think they were part way before, Blackhand used then to stop infighting among horde people, they only appear in the second game, but in lore they joined before.

They added a shirt - nothing else.
    some people would say a shirt is a nerf

Playable ogres are a meme. Few vocal people claim to want them but in reality no one wants to play as an ugly fucking fatass. They'd be less popular than Pandas. It's a fucking awful idea.

Besides, there's no way you could accomodate WoW ogres as they are for playable race without changing a shitton things about them. And if you have to make so much effort into changing them, why not make a new race altogether? Waste of time.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-12-17 at 11:28 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Not every race should be playable. You want a bit of "wish" feeling left in the game. If we get it all, we are done.
    Besides, it is a lot of work for a class that would be pretty unrepresented. I think, generally, peopel want good looking races, in the sense of mog and mounts displays. Ogres are a bit hard to fit there.... but then again, we have foxes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Playable ogres are a meme. Few vocal people claim to want them but in reality no one wants to play as an ugly fucking fatass. They'd be less popular than Pandas. It's a fucking awful idea.

Besides, there's no way you could accomodate WoW ogres as they are for playable race without changing a shitton things about them. And if you have to make so much effort into changing them, why not make a new race altogether? Waste of time.
    Kul Tirans say hello xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post

As they are, true, but that hasn't stopped blizzard from attempting it before. Ogres like other races who have been made playable can always be changed to accommodate. I remember when people were harping on Goblins for the same reason. Oh they are a meme, oh they are a neutral race, blizzard would waste recourses on changing them, no one will play them... blah blah blah, but they still did it. Ogres are not out of the realm of possibility and will not be a waste of time..

Like goblins, Blood Elves also got changed to accommodate WoW through TBC as they all just used a night elf model/skeleton before. Worgan model also changed when they were added as a race, Zandalari troll just used the standard troll model before BFA too.

Also the ogre model has been changed like 4 times over the course of multiple expansions. I am sure another one wont make much of a difference especially if its to be made to be playable, all those models by the way (except for the old ogre vanilla/beta model) are still in the game.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-17 at 11:49 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Kul Tirans say hello xD
    Well yeah eaxctly, no one plays them. Why add another fatty race?

@Orby

True, in the end Blizzard will do what they want. But goblins still make more sense than ogres. And in the end people complaining about goblins were proven right because they're not super popular either.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Stonemaul and dunemaul are part of the horde now. Donemaul joined back in cata.

There is also the stonemail ogres that came with the maghar from alternate draenor, and other ogres who randomly decide to join later

sure? i think they were part way before, Blackhand used then to stop infighting among horde people, they only appear in the second game, but in lore they joined before.

some people would say a shirt is a nerf
    We killed the Dunemaul clan as part of the Legion launch event though. And officially, the ogres weren't part of the Horde till the Second War. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogre#The_First_War - Oh and there were actually plenty of ogres in Warcraft 1, they were just always creeps which you killed in various missions, and they were never on the side of the orcs.

Female ogres don't fit in the lore
    Wrong, they exist. Karrga, for example.

For example, they could do something like Female Ogres were oppressed to the homeland and relegated to the kitchen and kids for years, but now they're liberated and can venture out into the world fight for the themselves. It would be a massive hit the ever growing WOW SJW crowd.
    Or they could just do what they did about the lack of any female goblin for fifteen years - just put them in.

Female ogres don't fit in the lore and Ogres in general don't fit in certain places in the game. Nonetheless, both can be accomodated. And, Blizzard could easily Retro fit females into the game like they've done with many others things that don't in the lore or the game. For example, they could do something like Female Ogres were oppressed to the homeland and relegated to the kitchen and kids for years, but now they're liberated and can venture out into the world fight for the themselves. It would be a massive hit the ever growing WOW SJW crowd.
    Or they could let male and female Ogres just look the same, breaking the stereotypes surrounding both genders! The possibilities are endless and Blizzard could reach SJW heights never known before!

Why not green elves instead that aren't related to Azeroth elves (but use a modified blood elf model)? I'm sure players would prefer that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Or they could let male and female Ogres just look the same, breaking the stereotypes surrounding both genders! The possibilities are endless and Blizzard could reach SJW heights never known before!
    People will argue "why does they all look like X if they are both?".
    Should go slaneesh route and just do half and half.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    In the last few years, many threads have been published here asking about the next core/allied races. In all of them, there's one race that excels: OGRES. Blizzard has said in the past that they struggle to create a cool female ogre skin. Well, Blizzard is lying to us. There are loads of examples that prove they are thoroughly wrong and I'm gonna show you some examples they could use. In addition, I'd like to know what your opinion about them is.

Blizzard, please, give us Ogres. We will play them!
    I’m sorry but the top one looks like a Kirin tor version of an orc

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Wrong, they exist. Karrga, for example.

Or they could just do what they did about the lack of any female goblin for fifteen years - just put them in.
    Vanilla had female goblins though. Sure, they were abominable, but they did exist.