Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If they're in their 60s their biology is different.
    I'm not quite sure what that has to do with recidivism. I don't think I'm way out of bounds here to think long naps in lieu of actual jail time isn't doing anyone favors.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Every one is talking about this pedo but no one is mentioning a mom pimped out her underage daughters?
    I have more disdain for them tbh. It's at the same level of depravity. He's a deranged evil individual, no questions about that. But the parents aren't any better

10+ Year Old Account
    What does being a CNN Producer have to do with the allegation?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Life in a coma-like state for lifers and maybe a set time for those who aren’t — if they fuck up while awake they go back under.

Idk, I’m just thinking of stuff based on what I’ve seen in movies and TV.
    I don't really see the point in putting someone in a coma for life. It's just a slow death penalty enacted through "natural causes". It's just putting a veil of enlightenment over the barbarism of the death penalty. You're still sentencing them to death...you're just taking longer to do it.

And, as stated, the problem with putting criminals in comas for the duration of their sentence is that there is not even an attempt at rehabilatation. They just get put back on the street a little older physically....but otherwise in the same state they went in. No GED, no therapy, no new skills that will help them to re-integrate with society...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    announced thinks it is some sort of gotcha. Something to distract from their night lineup at Fox "News" being implicated in the January 6th planning.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Are you saying it's not fine for innocent to die, but it is completely acceptable for them to spend 50 something years in prison, because at least they got to live there? Is this really the grand case you wish to make? I mean, nevermind that some seemed to consider the latter a worse punishment to boot. Sure seems like some are hypocritical in their stances, while acting outraged.
    Acceptable? no. Infinitely better than death? 100000000000% yes. You would have to be a complete fucking idiot to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-12-19 at 02:11 AM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    announced thinks it is some sort of gotcha. Something to distract from their night lineup at Fox "News" being implicated in the January 6th planning.
    Not realising it actually makes CNN look good because it shows the company takes these allegations seriously and isn't trying to hide behind shit like Fox would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Not realising it actually makes CNN look good because it shows the company takes these allegations seriously and isn't trying to hide behind shit like Fox would.
    Yep, they hid Bill O'Reilly's shit for decades, and the only reason it became public, is because the last woman didn't want to keep her mouth shut.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    About a week and a half late on this one OP, this was already hitting media circles at least a week ago. Also isn't it interesting how none of the major news outlets were reporting the story? Just like they aren't talking about the Maxwell trial? They sure seem to have no qualms with defending pedophiles keeping anything that makes them look bad on the down low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    About a week and a half late on this one OP, this was already hitting media circles at least a week ago. Also isn't it interesting how none of the major news outlets were reporting the story? Just like they aren't talking about the Maxwell trial? They sure seem to have no qualms with defending pedophiles keeping anything that makes them look bad on the down low.
    Sure seems like they're "defending pedophiles" by firing them immediately once their actions become known, eh?

Not sure why you thought that was a justifiable take, but I guess you've gotta twist reality somehow to make this look bad on your ideological enemies.

So CNN fires a criminal.... I'm sure the right will turn this into "CNN bad" somehow. Looks like they already did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    So CNN fires a criminal.... I'm sure the right will turn this into "CNN bad" somehow. Looks like they already did lol.
    That is what the first post is supposed to say.

It's cases such as this, that made me question the wisdom of no death penalty, and eventually led me to change my mind in favor of it being used in the rare cases it's needed for.
    Congratulations, you made this a death penalty thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Acceptable? no. Infinitely better than death? 100000000000% yes. You would have to be a complete fucking idiot to think otherwise.
    "not acceptable but totes million times better, so keep it". Hypocritical outrage machine just keeps going. Either you accept life sentence to innocents here and there as an acceptable consequence of having the system in place, or you oppose it being a thing, like you seem to oppose death penalty. There's no weaseling around it, like you tried here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    "not acceptable but totes million times better, so keep it". Hypocritical outrage machine just keeps going. Either you accept life sentence to innocents here and there as an acceptable consequence of having the system in place, or you oppose it being a thing, like you seem to oppose death penalty. There's no weaseling around it, like you tried here.

Since it wasn't clear enough for you I'm ok with life sentences cause they can be reversed you can't reverse the death penalty. Basic fucking logic........
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Since it wasn't clear enough for you I'm ok with life sentences cause they can be reversed you can't reverse the death penalty. Basic fucking logic........
    Thanks for clarifying. Perhaps you could clarify how you intend to reverse 50 years spent inside a prison?

Thanks for clarifying. Perhaps you could clarify how you intend to reverse 50 years spent inside a prison?
    "Better to be young and dead than old and free" is a very weird take.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    "Better to be young and dead than old and free" is a very weird take.
    Would you like to try the old and free, after 50 years of prison? Perhaps for charges like the story, so the 50 years of shower scenes wouldn't be uneventful?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-12-19 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They generally get money and freedom you can't replace the time lost, but again basic fucking logic says at least they are still alive and can be free again. YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING AFTER DEATH.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you like to try the old and free, after 50 years of prison? Perhaps for charges like the story, so the 50 years of shower scenes wouldn't be uneventful?

If my choice is death or possible freedom later it's not really a choice. It's stupidly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    In the UK we had the whole Jimmy Saville saga with the BBC. Once everything became open it turned out that many people within the organization in positions of power knew he was a wrongun but failed to report or take any steps to stop him. This all lead to big changes within the BBC into how they operate.

In this case I would err on the side of caution here and suspect this is an isolated incident that nobody else that worked with him knew about. It will probably be the case that opponents of CNN will try to use this as ammunition against them. That being said there are instances where company culture allows this sort of behaviour to happen so it is relevant so some degree.