Poll: Do you think Jaina still loves Arthas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Do you think Jaina still loves Arthas?

As most people here should know by now, the newest cinematic had the last flicker of Arthas's spirit fade away and be "forgotten" - and some people noted unhappily how Sylvanas gave the last speech, whereas Jaina said only softly, "Is that...?" and apparently nothing else as her former loved died forever.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/anduin-...poilers-326152

I guess this is similar to whether Sylvanas herself still loved Alleria or Vereesa after their last meeting, and after abandoning the Horde permanently - some argued that she outgrew those feelings with her ambitions, others believed she still loved them deep down inside.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...and-her-people

I remember on the official World of Warcraft website years ago, before Battle for Azeroth, I think, there was poll asking players for their favorite couple, and most people voted: Jaina and Arthas...true love never dies.
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...ouples-a-poll/

Do you still think that is true? Does Jaina still love the fallen hero and paladin who became the Lich King, despite everything?

"You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

No, she loves that blue-haired bishōnen now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Considering she barely said anything in the cinematic, no.

I thought she was all about the Dragon Bestiality now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Considering she barely said anything in the cinematic, no.
    Yeah...because that is the character's fault and not the man in charge who loves Sylvanas so gave her the last speech?

5+ Year Old Account
    It's complicated - all of her relationships have been soured by trauma and the source of that is Arthas. Theoretically she could be over it since he confronted her trauma in BFA, but her current toy Kalec is still MIA.

I think they're still debating if it's cringe or not to have her date a dragon, but it's better than an elf.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Probably always will to some degree, though consciously she's put him behind her, especially since what was left of him was a soul fairy that faded into nothingness before her eyes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

He'll always have a place in her heart, I'm sure. But she's moved past him. He turned into a monster, he's dead and she was already romantically involved with Kalecgos. She's not pining after Arthas anymore.

*discordant shrieking*

7+ Year Old Account
    She's fucking a dragon.
    Or at least was, until she got all strong independent woman who needs no man and left for kul tiras

She might miss her time with Arthas, but no way she's still in love
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt she loves Arthas. Toxic relationships last long but when you are finally free you move on super quick. Jaina and Kalecgos? What? Where? When? It’s interesting. Actually he could be a perfect man for her. Haha
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-03-07 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw I don't think she do.

10+ Year Old Account
    That ship sailed a long time ago.

But every now and then she asks Kalec to wear a blonde wig and deepen his voice behind closed doors.... according to rumors.

After all the things he did?

Surely!

She broke up with Kaelic so no more dragon mana infusions for her. In other news, Kaelic will be beginning his conversion into a villain soon. As all of Jaina's love interests before him.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well after we see her reaction when we give her back the locket she gave him
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=51318/j...ocket#comments
    She most likely did still love him or atleast hoped for a better last words.

No. Even by Warcraft 3 I would say she still had feelings for him and they could have rekindled their relationship in different circumstances, but even then it was already a past love. Of course there were still lingering romantic feelings, but they subsided with time. By the time of WotLK, all there remained was the memories of that love.

I would guess no, at least not the strong way she did years ago, when he died in Icecrown Citadel. This doesn't mean she doesn't care about him anymore -- or that their relationship was toxic -- but years pass. Could they still have become a couple? I guess so, but not straight away, too much time has passed since then, doing it quickly would be bad storytelling.

Frankly, even if he came back and they would come back together, where would this lead to? Would they rule a kingdom? She already does so and Arthas would be more interesting as wanderer, torn between Life and Undeath, Light and Darkness. Seeking redemption or something else.

Jaina and Kalec would be more interesting right now, if Blizz could take the energy into it. Especially if they worked with the problems. Jaina rules Kul Tiras and Kalec is a dragon. A potential leader of his kind, even if no longer an Aspect. What would him and Jaina getting together mean? Would he have to rule her kingdom with her? Take care of human business? Would she have to find her place as consort? Join the Blue Dragonflight or accept that he has other consorts besides her, as it is custom amongst leading dragons(male or female)? This is stuff I would find more interesting right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It's complicated - all of her relationships have been soured by trauma and the source of that is Arthas. Theoretically she could be over it since he confronted her trauma in BFA, but her current toy Kalec is still MIA.

I think they're still debating if it's cringe or not to have her date a dragon, but it's better than an elf.
    he and kalec broke up btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Probably they just were talking about their love for Arthas last patch. The devs forgot to put lines in there for the cinematic because Sylvanas needs too talk every cinematic for a long time. They also probably couldn't get Laura Bailey for it because their plans change so much and she has been pretty busy.