Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How does me mentioning crazy anti-Nazis somehow give you permission to call me a holocaust denier for not supporting your guilty by association assertion? You say "reducing the argument" I say "hyperbole meant to inflame and mislead your readers."
    No one is going to sit there on a forum post and write a dissertation for every post, that is psychotic. When someone says "X company harbors rapists," how on earth can a sane individual take that to mean every employee is a rapist, that's reducing the argument. That is a fallacy, and frankly the argument of an idiot. For example this is equivalent to saying pharmaceutical companies are pushing the overperscribing of opiates, and stating that every pharmacist, teller, doctor, etc., associated with the company does this, its the argument of an idiot.

You mentioned nazis first, I do not need your permission. I was using your own example to state that you are denying a verifiable fact. In your case, you would ironically be a holocaust denier. You are denying a verified, somewhat obvious fact.

You dont get to play a victim, and are changing around what you originally stated. You are the one actually inciting hyperbole. Please follow your own quote and analyze your own intellectual dishonesty, analyze what exactly you are defending.

Either way you are free to believe what you want. It is a fact that a disappropriate amount of sexual harassment happens at blizzard studios. You are free to counter with facts of your own. I did your homework and linked a few articles, they are worth a read. They come from both sides of the political spectrum, which should account for different biases.

I clicked on MMOchampion today because I am a long time wow player, im sure atleast just as long, but most likely much longer than yourself. I still keep up to date with the company and its games, but I can still distance my own emotions from heinous crimes committed by many of the people in power at a company. I know there is a disappropriate amount of sexual harassment by blizzard, and will not deny that. It honestly makes me sad that the player base is left populated by persons such as yourself unwilling to accept verifiable facts.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2021-12-20 at 04:48 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Not true. The original information we had on Old Gods was that there was only one that we knew of, and that a Titan died fighting against C'thun's army. C'thun was weakened and had to go dormant, and then created the Qiraji while dormant underground. The Titans also didn't seem to be gigantic beings originally as they were stated to have made Un'goro their home when they inhabited Azeroth. It sounds like they were more the size of large giants rather than planet sized creatures. But that was probably changed when they created the concept of the World Souls and the Titans being born from inside of planets and all that.

They then retconned all of that.

I personally preferred the more mysterious Eldritch stuff we had going on before they started to clarify some of the lore around the Titans. I really wish they hadn't.

Edit: In regards to the "fell" comment: The same piece of lore also uses the same word to define C'thun's death.

"The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished in this battle but it illustrates that a Titan fell. An Old God had also fallen - or so it was thought.

For millennia this being lay dormant beneath the world - biding its time. From its prison it waited for the exact moment at which to strike back at those that would see it harmed."
    A Titan fought an Old god and its army. Wipeing out its army and "killing" it and either dying or being corrupted or what ever in the process. How do that say an Old God was Stronger than a titan?

And where was the Titans corpse if they intended to mean death? We have ancient bones/corpses all over the place on Azeroth and Dreanor and yet you never see the fallen Titan.

Flying over the island they bought with all the money

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    A Titan fought an Old god and its army. Wipeing out its army and "killing" it and either dying or being corrupted or what ever in the process. How do that say an Old God was Stronger than a titan?

And where was the Titans corpse if they intended to mean death? We have ancient bones/corpses all over the place on Azeroth and Dreanor and yet you never see the fallen Titan.
    Well it was at least a millenia ago. Which I think was also retconned if I remember correctly, but that's not very specific. Possibility that there's nothing left after all of that time, however. I also don't know if they had a specific army aside from the elementals. Strange that they all seemed to make servants after losing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    excuse me, what
    She's the only character in the entire Warcraft universe that needs attention and sticking power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    She's the only character in the entire Warcraft universe that needs attention and sticking power.
    No

/10char

7+ Year Old Account
    No you are reading it as dying. If they wanted it to be dead why didn't they say it died fighting the Old Gods and their armies?
    They did say that, again, the context speak for itself and it does not need verbatim, the titan would not be "corrupted fighting", he died.

Why use the word fell instead?
    Because is a fantasy game and they talk with flourish to make things look cooler? we have countless of shit like that, like "you fall into the endless void now mortal!, when he just die. there is no endless void, the afterlife is totally different.

Also why wouldn't there have been a Titan corpse somewhere in Azeroth before the retcon?
    we never found the place where the battle happened? he just never found

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What would be the reasoning behind it?
    dragons wanted to be left alone, create a safe space where they can have their eggs and live, a "heaven" that mortal races can't reach.

pretty simple, rpetty logical.
    If anything, it would be sort of a "lost world" type of place, with prototype creatures of Dragons, like you see in How to Train your Dragon, or something like that. That would, logically, be more grounded than aired and even, possibly, underground.
    as long the isles fly, i don't care much about the origin , i always liked protodrakes more anyway.

Chimaeras are Rylaks. Rylaks are the original species in Dreanor. Outlands has Chimeras that are mutated Rylaks. I'm not sure the Azerothian Chimeras come from Rylaks cause I'm pretty sure they were used by the Night Elves before the orcs came.
    different worlds can spawn different creatures, just like in azeroth and draenor we have things like boars, wolves, birds, scorpions, snakes, etc. Sometimes slight different, sometimes the same.

Same thing hapened to the rylaks/chimaeras.

thing is, why that shit happens, prob due to the "life dimension" akin to shadowlands

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Now, i know this has been posted here before. But, what do you presume they are flying over? An already established place in WoW or, perhaps, the Dragon Isles? Maybe it's just an artistic choice with no meaning at all, whatsoever. You decide.

Let the speculation begin.
    We will find out in 10.0

Stop being so impatient, we'll find out in 10.0, it's only 2 and a half years away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    No

/10char
    I'm being facetious.

I am, however, super interested at how they'll shoehorn that terrible heap of fanfic in. There's little chance of her not being a segue into every expansion forever and always for the rest of time. She's the most fleshed-out dogwater character ever written for a fantasy setting, she's been the face of WoW for longer than anyone else, half of the plot in the game involves her, most centric, some tertiary, and she has the most books, art, character skins, models, etc of anything in their IP portfolio.

It'd be a shame to let such a divine composition like her go to waste.

On topic: this expansion pitch has been around since at least 2006 and seems just as likely as any other fake 4chan leak. While cool, I hope they do the dragon isles as a content patch instead of an entire expansion. There just isn't enough there.
    Last edited by stross01; 2021-12-20 at 07:23 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, the next expansion is more than likely going to be Dragon Isles. Wrathion is looking for them, we have uncorrupted Twilight Drakes, there's been multiple dragon clues laid throughout Shadowlands, Galakrond is supposedly going to appear at some point in 9.2, and a dragon-based expansion would be an Azeroth-based expansion (as Ion hinted at).
    That would've been datamined by now.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, but why is there specifically a dragon bundle in the first place? The current expansion has nothing to do with dragons, and neither does anything else going on in terms of season.
    This is the third clue we have got so far, that the next Xpansion is a mystic expansion, somehow similar to MoP.

First: Wrathion. Keeps popping in at the X pack start, like he will be relevant, then completely dissapears.

Second: The pet a month ago. That looked very mystical and different art/theme to anything we´ve seen so far.

Third: This one is just huge.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This is the third clue we have got so far, that the next Xpansion is a mystic expansion, somehow similar to MoP.

First: Wrathion. Keeps popping in at the X pack start, like he will be relevant, then completely dissapears.

Second: The pet a month ago. That looked very mystical and different art/theme to anything we´ve seen so far.

Third: This one is just huge.
    When did Wrathion "pop in" at the start of SL? And pardon, but which pet are we talking about again?
    Last edited by Venziir; 2021-12-20 at 08:50 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Flying over the island they bought with all the money

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dragons wanted to be left alone, create a safe space where they can have their eggs and live, a "heaven" that mortal races can't reach.

pretty simple, rpetty logical.
    Then, i think, it would be more logical for the Bronze Dragonflight to shroud it in time magic, making it a pocket dimension or something.

as long the isles fly, i don't care much about the origin , i always liked protodrakes more anyway.
    You know, if we were still in Burning Crusade times, it would be a pretty cool concept. Only those who have acquired flying can reach this island. Now that everybody can do it, or attain it easily, such things lose their touch.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    We will find out in 10.0
    A smooth way to avoid answering

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Stop being so impatient, we'll find out in 10.0, it's only 2 and a half years away
    Indeed. Just a short wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm hoping there is no dragonsworn class. That's the wrong move. People want to play straight-up dragons.
    how would that work? Considering how huge they are?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account

Then, i think, it would be more logical for the Bronze Dragonflight to shroud it in time magic, making it a pocket dimension or something.

You know, if we were still in Burning Crusade times, it would be a pretty cool concept. Only those who have acquired flying can reach this island. Now that everybody can do it, or attain it easily, such things lose their touch.
    it don't need to be time magic or pocket dimension shit, we had ships before but we never set foot to zandalar, the dragon isles could be just so up high and full of draconic magic that could create tempests, storms or ilusions to keep outsiders away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    how would that work? Considering how huge they are?
    half-dragons or drakonids

pretty much like dragonborns are in dungeons and dragons

half-dragons or drakonids

pretty much like dragonborns are in dungeons and dragons
    That's how I imagined a class like that would work. Not what I would describe as straight-up dragons though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's how I imagined a class like that would work. Not what I would describe as straight-up dragons though.
    they are a playable race though, not a class

a class would be akin to a draconic sorcerer there, more or less, someone who wield their power, in wow case we would use the power of the different dragonflights

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    That's what I said. It's there in what you posted. All of the the mounts included in the pack are older store mounts excluding the baby faedragon (which is new.) I'd sooner think that the cat mount is the one that hints at the next expansion.
    Oh yeah i forgot about the Cat mount, normally that would be a hint i guess.

it don't need to be time magic or pocket dimension shit, we had ships before but we never set foot to zandalar, the dragon isles could be just so up high and full of draconic magic that could create tempests, storms or ilusions to keep outsiders away.
    I'd be down with that.