Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    What competitors does Overwatch truly have? As I understand it, only Paladins and Team Fortress 2 are in the same game space - and of those two, Team Fortress 2 plays way differently and Paladins is unfortunately not very good. Not bad, mind you - but their issues are ever present.
    There are a bunch, size may matter but they all chip away. Any given day there might be 5-7k people watching OW1 streamers. As great as OW was and still is, a game that is more or less 8y old with no content wont grow with a sequal. Especially since the hype is all centered around the pvp aspect and not pve and there is apart from the obvious 5v5 change not much going on. A new mode, very few new maps and one hero.
    And the issue is, if going by OW there were very, very few new heroes & maps during those 8 years (and two maps were so bad that they got removed). It was basically the same game and the new heroes kinda broke the game in a sense (hi Brig, Goats).

I think OW2 will be great but I also think it is too little and too late so as a player all I care about are basically balance and queue time and I fear OW2 wont really catch on enough to be as good after 1-1,5y cos nothing points towards BLZ rectifying the main issue with OW (lack of content) givent the state the company is at and the brain drain it suffered.
    OW2 devs is a shell of what OW had.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-06-08 at 03:20 AM.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

Slight update, remember BLZ YouTube account announced the big dev update talk live stream about OW2.
    648 ppl had put a reminder on that stream and that was after almost 48h...
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

I wonder if Blizz are going to pay any attention if at all, towards people being unhappy with heroes being locked behind paywall/BP grind.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    There are a bunch, size may matter but they all chip away. Any given day there might be 5-7k people watching OW1 streamers. As great as OW was and still is, a game that is more or less 8y old with no content wont grow with a sequal. Especially since the hype is all centered around the pvp aspect and not pve and there is apart from the obvious 5v5 change not much going on. A new mode, very few new maps and one hero.
    And the issue is, if going by OW there were very, very few new heroes & maps during those 8 years (and two maps were so bad that they got removed). It was basically the same game and the new heroes kinda broke the game in a sense (hi Brig, Goats).

I think OW2 will be great but I also think it is too little and too late so as a player all I care about are basically balance and queue time and I fear OW2 wont really catch on enough to be as good after 1-1,5y cos nothing points towards BLZ rectifying the main issue with OW (lack of content) givent the state the company is at and the brain drain it suffered.
    OW2 devs is a shell of what OW had.
    I feel like they could've revamped the game without a sequel. So far OW2 seems like a lateral 'upgrade' to OW which doesn't spell well for any sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I feel like they could've revamped the game without a sequel. So far OW2 seems like a lateral 'upgrade' to OW which doesn't spell well for any sequel.
    Yea sort of. Noone every complained about grpahics or audio, anyone playing comp even turn the graphics down.
    They kinda blew it, OW2 2020 would be okey.. later nah.

The Patient
    Yea sort of. Noone every complained about grpahics or audio, anyone playing comp even turn the graphics down.
    They kinda blew it, OW2 2020 would be okey.. later nah.
    I play it at 4k 240 fps maxed out, but I have a thicc boi PC and a 4k@240Hz display.

Overwatch is just kind of stagnating and after the recent news about OW 2, it's not going to get better. They're going to be locking new characters to the battle pass and a leak claims that you can't participate in competitive games if you don't own all the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I play it at 4k 240 fps maxed out, but I have a thicc boi PC and a 4k@240Hz display.
    I meant details and light settings not res.
    If one is serious about OW (wont mean they are good tho) they lower almost all details settings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Overwatch is just kind of stagnating and after the recent news about OW 2, it's not going to get better. They're going to be locking new characters to the battle pass and a leak claims that you can't participate in competitive games if you don't own all the heroes.
    I wonder how this even supposed to work in the long run. Usually battlepasses change frequently so when i miss a battlepass with a character, how am i supposed to get them later? Buy them in a shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I wonder how this even supposed to work in the long run. Usually battlepasses change frequently so when i miss a battlepass with a character, how am i supposed to get them later? Buy them in a shop?
    No idea. Knowing how Blizzard functions now, you'll have to wait for the character to come around again in another battlepass and won't be able to do competitive until then if the comp leak is true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No idea. Knowing how Blizzard functions now, you'll have to wait for the character to come around again in another battlepass and won't be able to do competitive until then if the comp leak is true.
    So dramatic

They said u can still get them fir Special wuests, like: win 25 games as a healer in quickplay.

The whole system is bs. I mean imagine you start ow2 in season 5 and then you need to do 2-3 special quests to unluck last season heros you will stick so many hours in quickplay.

Overall i hate the idea to being forced playing quickplay. Its boring, people leaving, people are afk and if u win or loss doesnt matter.

They also said first 2 weeks of a new season are locked, so 2 whole weaks no ranked games at all... LOL.

I wish they would stick with the ow1 model. Buy2play, every 3-4 months some new stuff, no battleplass etc.

If it really is so bad inimagine i wont play this game.

considering that OW2 is barely a content patch for OW1 its no wonder the community has abandoned ship, along with the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    So dramatic
    How is what I said even remotely dramatic? You really think my speculation about how Blizzard will monetize the game is dramatic? Did you even see what they did with Diablo Immortal?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    I wonder if Blizz are going to pay any attention if at all, towards people being unhappy with heroes being locked behind paywall/BP grind.
    This first season, if you have Overwatch 1, you get all the heroes released.
    One hero is on the Free Battle pass and likely one of the first things you unlock.

I am not a fan on heroes being on the pass, that is the main selling point to Overwatch. Heroes should not be on the pass.

- - - Updated - - -

It is likely that heroes from prior passes will "unlock" for players who missed them upon getting the new pass.
    Or they may do second chance like they did with some of the skins in the pass.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am not a fan on heroes being on the pass, that is the main selling point to Overwatch. Heroes should not be on the pass.

On that much we can agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The issue here is that you're dodging the issue.

People wanted blizz to make the game F2P without box price...

Now we have the shit... now they can basically demand money for every little thing there is and change the free hero model to "pay me 40 bucks or you cannot play" model like LOL. Prices of the skins will go up too i guarantee it. A 50 euro premium skin is all but guaranteed.

This game was dead for me the moment they announced going F2P....

But was dead for a long time before that. They made sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    People wanted blizz to make the game F2P without box price...

Now we have the shit... now they can basically demand money for every little thing there is and change the free hero model to "pay me 40 bucks or you cannot play" model like LOL. Prices of the skins will go up too i guarantee it. A 50 euro premium skin is all but guaranteed.

This game was dead for me the moment they announced going F2P....

But was dead for a long time before that. They made sure of it.
    They did the same with Fall Guys, F2P models are cancer. Its the illusion of being free, because while it is free to play technically, and sure there is no box price, but you got to pour way more money into it to get what you want for other features. God forbid you play and win stuff, its pay and win stuff. Its like offering free pizza and getting just the pizza base and having to pay for the topping.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-09-15 at 01:30 PM.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

i'm expecting this to flop...
    because people don’t like paying for stuff they used to get for free
    or in the game they already bought
    and the game is basically the old game with some changes
    basically what happened with Warcraft reforged

The Patient
    I meant details and light settings not res.
    If one is serious about OW (wont mean they are good tho) they lower almost all details settings.
    I understand the idea, I know games like PUBG and such where lower quality can increase visibility. I just don't find it necessary in this game unless there's something I'm missing. I've always run the game full maxed at whatever resolution I've played at (1440p UW from 2016 and now 4K) because I maintain high end hardware. It wasn't the case for a while when I ran a GTX 1080 on 1440p UW and required some dialing but never on a game like OW. Even a GTX 1080 (non Ti) was top tier when 1440p UW monitors were the bees knees at the time and it was limiting. I didn't upgrade GPUs till 3000 series launched in 2020 or so. Running 4K max settings now with a 6900xt or 3090 is more than sufficient for almost any competitive game beside absolute new chad level graphics competitive games, which I can't think of any at the moment that would fit that description.