Video Editing Software

Anyone here that got some experience in editing and got any suggestion for a good video editing tool? Its mainly for editing game clips/videos. Want something that is more advanced in the sound/music part of it while still preserving the quality of the visuals.

It doesnt have to be free, but not something that I have to pay 100 euros per month either

DaVinci Resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by svenmk View Post
    DaVinci Resolve.
    This. It's free, its powerful, and it feels like a paid product. Dont write off Resolve just because its free.

Your other options are adobe premier and Apple (something).

I'll try that!

Thanks for the suggestion

Using DaVinci Resolve
    I was advised to use DaVinci Resolve by friends a long time ago. So great advice.

Same hear, Davinci Resolve even runs OK on my old desktop. Over the years they also improved it a lot, so it ran even better on my desktop. But yes, I run reduced quality for faster scrubbing and more complicated tools I cant really handle. But hey my desktop is old.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

5+ Year Old Account
    I use Shotcut. It's great for beginner video editing. The default standard ui is ugly as hell but you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Anyone here that got some experience in editing and got any suggestion for a good video editing tool? Its mainly for editing game clips/videos. Want something that is more advanced in the sound/music part of it while still preserving the quality of the visuals.

It doesnt have to be free, but not something that I have to pay 100 euros per month either
    As a person who has edited tons of videos, mainly for youtube and social media. Nothing out there even comes close to Adobe Premier Pro, and I have tried them all extensively. Yes it is $20.99 a month US but so worth it if you are spending time making videos and clips. It is so incredible, most movie making / studios use it and I can see why, so great!

Final Cut Pro is the absolute best in the market; nothing comes close. But, you need a Mac, which most people here don't have. Adobe Premiere Pro comes next, but it's absolute trash compared to Final Cut Pro and it will cost you about 70 euro a month.

For Windows DaVinci Resolve is your best option, I guess *shudder*

If you do have a Mac, do yourself a favour, get Final Cut Pro and never look back. Plus, you only pay once and can use student/teacher discounts if that's applicable to you.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2022-05-14 at 06:19 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

If budget matters anything to you, starting with the free stuff (DaVinci / iMovie) gets my vote. If you feel like being constrained, then upgrade.
    FCP / Adobe is a matter of debate (or taste?), there's obviously fans and haters for both. Both are professional stuff, obviously used by legions of professionals, so if either is claimed to be shit, it's likely mostly anecdotal.

Hi people. Sorry for not responding earlier, I dont visit this site much anymore.

Thanks for all the responses, I used a couple of the free ones atm, but upgrading to the adobe premier pro most likely(dont have mac) seeing my youtube channel has gotten higher interest lately so quality has to get better. Hopefully I can get it to draw more interest that way :-)

Again, thanks all!

For those involved with YouTube video editing software is a must. Nowadays, developing your YouTube channel is getting harder and harder. Buy YouTube views here you can just to make your channel look more representative is necessary. Especially for those who want to start their own business it is very important to engage in social networking.
    Last edited by simalina; 2022-06-05 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi people. Sorry for not responding earlier, I dont visit this site much anymore.

Thanks for all the responses, I used a couple of the free ones atm, but upgrading to the adobe premier pro most likely(dont have mac) seeing my youtube channel has gotten higher interest lately so quality has to get better. Hopefully I can get it to draw more interest that way :-)

Again, thanks all!
    I'm not a heavy user of video editing software, for my use kdenlive is sufficient but you can search youtube and you will find many pros switched to Resolve from Adobe, no need to pay for something that you can get free and probably better quality as a lot of people complain about Adobe crashing very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I'm not a heavy user of video editing software, for my use kdenlive is sufficient but you can search youtube and you will find many pros switched to Resolve from Adobe, no need to pay for something that you can get free and probably better quality as a lot of people complain about Adobe crashing very often.
    Thank a lot, I'll look into it

Shotcut is a pretty good free open-source video editor.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beauty of Premiere is the integration with rest of the CC apps. In this case creating animations to enhance game clips could be quite valuable. After Effects is far easier than Fusion for Resolve and you can achieve more, quicker (see Kurzgesagt).

I love Resolve, if you just edit basic clips and no animation its bloody brilliant. The colour tab is also something else and power windows + tracking are eons ahead of Premiere but the integration between PP/AE/Illustrator/Photoshop are very hard to pass up and a reason why I still pay for CC license due to corporate jobs.
    -K

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    I have an experience with the Wondershare Filmora video editing software. I don't know if it'll meet your expectation or not, but It's a good software for the easiest editing experience I have done.

P.S. I was using this software for using personal video editing, So I don't know if it is perfect for work purposes or not. I just shared my experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huert098 View Post
    I have an experience with the Wondershare Filmora video editing software. I don't know if it'll meet your expectation or not, but It's a good software for the easiest editing experience I have done.

P.S. I was using this software for using personal video editing, So I don't know if it is perfect for work purposes or not. I just shared my experience.
    I'm using it as well for personal editing. Drone footage, etc.
    It's great as a middle ground between mobile phone editing and advanced stuff like Premiere.
    I got better result with Premiere but it's a ton of more work and much more complicated so I keep going back to Filmora which still gives great result.