Help me cast my PC screen to xbox one with miracast

I installed the wireless display app on xbox one however, I don't have an option to cast on wireless display on my pc (windows 10) when I press win key+P. I checked my graphic card with dxdiag and it supports miracast, I checked my pc with cmd and netsh command or whatever and it says there is not a wireless adapter on the system, I don't have the wireless display option in the optional features of settings in win 10, I checked my network adapters on the device manager, the wireless adapter doesn't work and I get error code 45. My wifi is enabled I believe since my xbox one is connected to the internet through it.

I honestly don't understand how this is fixed but it is very frustrating, I don't understand what I lack and can't make it work.

For Miracast you need a wireless connection on your PC, a cable bound ethernet LAN will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    For Miracast you need a wireless connection on your PC, a cable bound ethernet LAN will not work.
    Can you suggest one?

Is this different than router/internet wifi? My xbox one is connected to the internet through wifi

I don't understand what a wifi adapter for miracast is but it seems that this is what I lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Can you suggest one?

Is this different than router/internet wifi? My xbox one is connected to the internet through wifi
    You PC is probably connected via etheret cable to the router, but you need to connect it via wifi to the router (just like your xbox). Usually it is not recommended if there is a ethernet connection available, but for Miracast it's a requirement.

You can just buy a wifi usb dongle (and connect it to your router just like your phone or xbox, and unplug your ethernet cable). Unless you buy some old wifi dongle they should support Miracast, you can just google your selected product to see if it's compatible.
    A quick search seems to recommend "TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300" as cheap reliable Miracast dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You PC is probably connected via etheret cable to the router, but you need to connect it via wifi to the router (just like your xbox). Usually it is not recommended if there is a ethernet connection available, but for Miracast it's a requirement.

You can just buy a wifi usb dongle (and connect it to your router just like your phone or xbox, and unplug your ethernet cable). Unless you buy some old wifi dongle they should support Miracast, you can just google your selected product to see if it's compatible.
    A quick search seems to recommend "TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300" as cheap reliable Miracast dongle.
    That's a rather weird requirement lol, yes my pc is connected with ethernet, ok I guess I will buy one.

You could also just get an Android TV dongle and use Steamlink.

Walmart sells their ONN-branded Android TV thing for like 30$, and its the exact same hardware as the Google Chromecast with TV (normally 50).

Contrary to popular belief, you can stream anything on your PC via the Steamlink - just drop out of Big Picture mode and poof, youre at the desktop. My wife uses it to stream her Mac from her office to an old TV in her sewing/crafting room so she can watch videos and listen to music. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’ve actually had issues streaming game pass games using steam. Other than that? Yep. All works great.
    Might be some kind of streaming streamign through streaming issue. Though in this guys' case, i'd have to imagine hes simply going to be playing any Game Pass games on his Xbox.

Im also not sure MiraCast is actually any good for streaming gaming anyway.

Its probably HDCP handshaking. There's no protocol that allows HDCP over wireless AFAIK (not that im an expert).

Weird that the Game Pass versions of games have HDCP though.

Steam link is indeed the best way, it works smoothly with my android tv, however I tried to play wow retail and lost ark and I couldn't see the quests, besides I got a serious headache. My resolution is 1920x1080, I tried to reduce it to 1366 and I saw them better but not sure about the headache part.

What can I do about it?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2022-06-17 at 02:22 PM.

What do you mean you cant see the quests?

And is the TV you're wanting to use 1080p, 4k, etc?

What size?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    What do you mean you cant see the quests?

And is the TV you're wanting to use 1080p, 4k, etc?

What size?
    1080P

I can't read the quests, the letters are too small and the tv is far away, I had to recude the quality to hd ready in order to see them (1300x700 around that).
    The worst is that it's giving me a headache.

I have no idea why it would give you a headache. Unless the TV is just so old that its not running at 60fps or something.

How big is the TV and how far away from it are you sitting?

Edited to add:

Im assuming that gaming on your Xbox on the TV doesnt cause headaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I have no idea why it would give you a headache. Unless the TV is just so old that its not running at 60fps or something.

How big is the TV and how far away from it are you sitting?

Edited to add:

Im assuming that gaming on your Xbox on the TV doesnt cause headaches?
    my tv is a modern android toshiba one at 32 inch and I could download steam link with it. Playing games with xbox doesn't give me a headache, the tv is one meter+ away from my bed where I sit to play. I believe these pc games (lost ark+wow) are probably not optimized for something like this. Path of exile didn't cause me such an issue and I could easily read the quests on the log at the right.

Overall, steam link is great, it can cast my entire pc to tv, however this is a problem

Do a test; plug your PC directly into the TV and see if it still gives you headaches. Im willing to bet it is one of WoWs graphics options not playing well with Steamlink. (like, maybe its implementing the background fps limit for some reason, etc). If it doesnt give you headaches when plugged in directly, then youve narrowed it down to an issue of some kind between Steamlink and WoW and we might be able to figure out what setting might be causing it. FWIW i experience no issues with WoW or any other game over Steamlink to my Shield TV Pro (but i heavily optimize my WoW settings and change almost all the defaults). Trouble reading the text is because the UI elements are designed to be read about 18-22” from your monitor, and they are scaled to the resolution so they always take up the same amount of screen. You can get UI mods that let you change the size of fonts and text windows. Ive always used a quest tracking mod and usually UI-wide mods for fonts and texts. So id just make the fonts bigger.

As for Lost Ark, that thing ran like ass on my rig no matter what i did. And im not exactly running a potato - i5 8600k @ 5Ghz and a 3080FE. Problems there are probably just bcause th game is a mess, code-wise.