Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will we see new expansion this year?

What the title says... I know they went through this shitstorm with sexual allegations with lawsuits left and right.

And I'm really disappointed with the company now more than ever... Eventho I've been disappointed the last 10 years.

I leveled one char to 60 in shadowlands and quit after one month... never done that before in other expansions. And I've played since vanilla... Which is prob why im coming back here because wow has been such a big part of my life.

Anyhow... with all that being said! We haven't even got a hint or glimpse at the next expansion??? Will we even get a new expansion this year?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this and if you think we get new expansion soon? Or not...

Dragon isles? Old gods 2.0? Idk man... I just hope it's no space shit...

Nope they will not release anything in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Nope they will not release anything in 2022.
    Really? you think that is the case or you know it?

There are multiple threads talking about this already. Lets be honest you just wanted to spread a bit more negativtiy and are looking for people to join in on it.

And yes we will probably see the expansion and what it will be about, but a release seems not to likely with the covid situation getting worse again.

No way. Everything coming out of Blizzard from employees says work has slowed to a crawl and they are losing staff they aren't easily replacing and bobby sending over folks from teams like call of duty are not experienced with mmos at all.

Maybe at best a in engine trailer but beyond that i think we are in for "the year of 9.2"

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    There are multiple threads talking about this already. Lets be honest you just wanted to spread a bit more negativtiy and are looking for people to join in on it.

And yes we will probably see the expansion and what it will be about, but a release seems not to likely with the covid situation getting worse again.
    No no you got it all wrong. I havn't been on this website for atleast 6 months now, I mean I assumed it had been brought up already but was to lazy to look for any thread. And I mean... Can't really get any worse than it already is? What I wanted to know was just if it's coming this year and what ppl think the theme will be!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No way. Everything coming out of Blizzard from employees says work has slowed to a crawl and they are losing staff they aren't easily replacing and bobby sending over folks from teams like call of duty are not experienced with mmos at all.

Maybe at best a in engine trailer but beyond that i think we are in for "the year of 9.2"
    Source on that? that they lack staff / getting send help from other games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    No no you got it all wrong. I havn't been on this website for atleast 6 months now, I mean I assumed it had been brought up already but was to lazy to look for any thread. And I mean... Can't really get any worse than it already is? What I wanted to know was just if it's coming this year and what ppl think the theme will be!
    Yes it can. Look at woltk. They could start copy pasting old raids, make 1 room raids, make cartoon villain lore while questing and so on. Not even talking about the horrible balancing from dungeons, classes and time gating. Be happy you never played it

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Source on that? that they lack staff / getting send help from other games?
    https://twitter.com/_TechJess/status...80341750362114

Plenty like this doing the rounds and not one blizzard employee calling any other employee out for lying. In this case the dude might be a piece of shit but "my team is 30 activision people and like 4 blizzard people" or "all hiring quit, they don't even want to work here to convince people to work here" and so on has been extremely common. Right now it looks like Blizzard is comparatively running on a skeleton crew propped up by activision employees filling gaps nobody wants to sign up for now blizzard no longer looks like it used to on your resume but still vastly underpays compared to the competition.

Throw covid and the scandals on top of this and this is a case of brain drain of the same sort that lead to things like Anthem all over again but on a larger scale.

If people think this is going to be a case of "the pendulum swinging back the other way, chad daddy blizz will fix everything with 10.0!" people are in for a rude awakening this year.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2022-01-04 at 07:25 PM.

Possibly, but I'm leaning towards no. Blizzard is in catastrophically bad shape. The company as a whole seems to be unable to produce games. Hearthstone is the one and only game that has production on track. All of their other projects are either stuck in development hell (D4, OW2, Diablo Immortal, whatever the incubation unit has been working on for the past 5 years) or is in actual maintenance mode (D3, Starcraft 2, HotS, OW1). And WoW can't even manage to put out one small content patch per year (compare the state of WoW development to MoP 10 years ago and the difference is night and day). And that was before the PR disaster that began 5 months ago that resulted in the last of Blizzard's talent leaving, with Blizzard being unable to entice new talent to come work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Possibly, but I'm leaning towards no. Blizzard is in catastrophically bad shape. The company as a whole seems to be unable to produce games. Hearthstone is the one and only game that has production on track. All of their other projects are either stuck in development hell (D4, OW2, Diablo Immortal, whatever the incubation unit has been working on for the past 5 years) or is in actual maintenance mode (D3, Starcraft 2, HotS, OW1). And WoW can't even manage to put out one small content patch per year (compare the state of WoW development to MoP 10 years ago and the difference is night and day). And that was before the PR disaster that began 5 months ago that resulted in the last of Blizzard's talent leaving, with Blizzard being unable to entice new talent to come work for them.
    Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of... Man wtf happened to my favorite gaming company

I guess greed is powerful motive...

2022 will be 9.2 for the first half of the year and WotLK Classic for the second half. 10.0 somewhere next year, at least earlier than OW2 and D4

There is a possibility of the next expansion but the earliest it will come is the next winter. Last patch of the latest two expansions lasted 349 (Legion) and 314 (BFA) days so with covid excuse for slower development you shouldn't expect anything quickly. Even if the upcoming patch will arrive on February, it will (probably) last no less then 10 months.

I'm not sure if adding pictures is allowed so I'm leaving the link to IcyVein's chart: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/upl...cb1a7902b0.png

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think they will do everything they can to pull out expansion this year.

Now whether they will actually succeed at that - remains to be seen. Who knows what kind of other C19 variant we get this year or who knows what else.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think we'll "see it" in the form of them announcing it and showing off a cinematic and some trailers. I don't think we'll "see it" in the form of them releasing the expansion for people to play.

Maybe the beta, though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It likely comes down to rather workers stop striking or not.

If they stay on strike for a while then no we won’t.

If they are replaced then no we won’t.

If they give up on the strike the Mabye.

If blizzard gives into there demand a slightly better Mabye.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/_TechJess/status...80341750362114

Plenty like this doing the rounds and not one blizzard employee calling any other employee out for lying. In this case the dude might be a piece of shit but "my team is 30 activision people and like 4 blizzard people" or "all hiring quit, they don't even want to work here to convince people to work here" and so on has been extremely common. Right now it looks like Blizzard is comparatively running on a skeleton crew propped up by activision employees filling gaps nobody wants to sign up for now blizzard no longer looks like it used to on your resume but still vastly underpays compared to the competition.

Throw covid and the scandals on top of this and this is a case of brain drain of the same sort that lead to things like Anthem all over again but on a larger scale.

If people think this is going to be a case of "the pendulum swinging back the other way, chad daddy blizz will fix everything with 10.0!" people are in for a rude awakening this year.
    The post you seem to be quoting is from June meaning it has nothing to do with any of the current stuff unless there is another newer post I’m missing.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-01-04 at 07:46 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely no way in this current timeline we see a new expansion by the end of 2022. We'll definitely get a new expansion announcement, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The post you seem to be quoting us from June meaning it has nothing to do with any of the current stuff unless there is another newer post.
    You're right its only been good news since then so surely things must have improved. we just haven't heard about it in any way from anyone. But i'm sure we will.

Any day now.

ha ha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    I guess greed is powerful motive...

Testosterone, a lack of impulse control, and a lack of morality are powerful motives too.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're right its only been good news since then so surely things must have improved. we just haven't heard about it in any way from anyone. But i'm sure we will.

Any day now.

ha ha.
    Looking further into it he wasn’t even a wow dev or any kind of game dev he worked on the websites and a bit of QA so the idea of them sending activison devs to work on wow is just baseless nonsense.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/...loperId,16630/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

They will just announce Sylvanas will join us as a permanent battle pet we cannot dismiss while we complete new rehashed quests all over Azeroth.