Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tanks know they're more in demand than other roles, so ofc you'll encounter those with a superiority complex abusing the fact you probably don't want to wait on replacing them for another tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    The average random player in wow is a mouthbreathing oxygen thief. The best option is to guild up and play with people who can be made better and make you better.
    Now I'm curious, when are you considered good and not a mouth breathing oxygen thief?
    I happen to breathe through my mouth just fine and I average purple parses during mythic raid progress, and I feel very average.
    Just how high IS the bar these days?! /s
    (Obvious sarcasm is obvious)

It's probably just dps alts looking for a quick run who think that they are gods just because they are in the tank role.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-12-24 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been pugging timewalker as a healer lately and I've noticed some tanks not bothering with mitigation abilities. Had a warrior chain pull the first few groups without using shield block or ignore pain, blow his CD's, chain pull the next two groups then die. He left before I could say anything. A few other warriors would use shield block but spam Revenge. Had a druid not use iron fur or FR the whole run. Wanted to say something but I could keep him alive and wanted the run to be over. Demon hunters are a little hit or miss and haven't had to many problems with pallies or monks.

I've started to watch the tank's character portrait to see if their resource bar is being used or if they have the mitigation buff up just to see if I'm in for a painful run.

Typically the tank sets the speed of the run. There is zero reason for dps to fall behind, and even healers have little excuse to not keep up especially in lfg and lfr. Tanks that slowly wander through the dungeon are frustrating, dps and healers that can't keep up with the tank are even more frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It's probably just dps alts looking for a quick run who think that they are gods just because they are in the tank role.
    Most are if played correctly. Damage mitigation and self healing is silly. The difference between a good and bad tank is massive, and even noticeable in TW dungeons.
    Last edited by Tumble; 2021-12-25 at 12:14 AM.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Typically the tank sets the speed of the run. There is zero reason for dps to fall behind, and even healers have little excuse to not keep up especially in lfg and lfr. Tanks that slowly wander through the dungeon are frustrating, dps and healers that can't keep up with the tank are even more frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -
    I mean... that'd be true if there weren't like 10000 movement increasing effects and abilities that not every class has equal amounts of access to.
    Depending on the pull, even with cheetah and disengage I have trouble keeping up with a druid tank and if he wouldn't wait I'm pretty sure he'd wipe before the healer gets there.
    Don't want to know how paladins or DKs feel there. The difference in movementspeed is very obvious in dungeons like TOS.

So I think it completely depends on what is going on and what the tank is doing.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-25 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally have never experienced a tank in LFR or random LFG dungeons (leveling or Heroic dungeons) do this. You have just the worst luck it seems. Sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do watched to much mythic+ tournaments. They do think all are pushers and will run same. Its about the manthality. Tanks these days thinks are gods. They were always gods but now not in the same way as they think they are.

Try taking a sip of tea between trash packs as a tank and see what happens.

Maybe they've played too much FF14, the wall to wall pull mentality is really prevalent in that game.

I've been tanking for years and the pug mentality is just gogogo... Doesn't matter that I'm always top dps, usually doing more than all the dps combined and pulling pretty much everything, it's still not fast enough for dps...
    And literally today, after half the dungeon, i needed to move a bar and said, "I need 20 seconds to move a bar after this pull", while middle of it...
    2 dps ignored it, ran ahead, pulled the two next packs and died...

Guess who got the blame?
    So not shocked at all tanks overall have that mentality and the only ones to the blame is the community, tanks are literally abused in every pugging scenario you can imagine... And then you all moan about lack of tanks... Genius big brain moves right there....

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I've been tanking for years and the pug mentality is just gogogo... Doesn't matter that I'm always top dps, usually doing more than all the dps combined and pulling pretty much everything, it's still not fast enough for dps...
    And literally today, after half the dungeon, i needed to move a bar and said, "I need 20 seconds to move a bar after this pull", while middle of it...
    2 dps ignored it, ran ahead, pulled the two next packs and died...

Guess who got the blame?
    So not shocked at all tanks overall have that mentality and the only ones to the blame is the community, tanks are literally abused in every pugging scenario you can imagine... And then you all moan about lack of tanks... Genius big brain moves right there....
    Golden rule of tanking is to filter out commentary from dps and only respond to valid points. It is up to tank to set the pace and pulls, you do it the way you are comfortable with. If dps does not like it, they can fck right off the run.

When I tank I am mainly interested in what a healer has got to say regarding pace/pulls. If they are fine we can pick up the pace if they seem to be struggling then we slow down. Pretty simple concept.

Dps will always cry about every single thing. I had a dps ninja pull pack that was not part of a route and then start bitching when we exceeded count at the end. People are just dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    This is not anecdotal or biased, I've been observing this for weeks now.

Made me laugh. First says it's not anecdotal, then confirms it is anecdotal.

Anyway, players will be players, not a tank issue itself.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise377 View Post

Dps will always cry about every single thing. I had a dps ninja pull pack that was not part of a route and then start bitching when we exceeded count at the end. People are just dumb.
    This. So much this. Too much this.

1 of the main reason I stopped playing the game was because the game evolved into a time rush thing, everyone just started rushing?

Can't take the time to appreciate tiny details in a dungeon/raid because you're holding everyone else up whom are on their toes just EDGING to leap forward as fast as possible.

If I wanted to play a game where everything is based off how fast you do 'X' I'd play a car racing game.

I've been leveling quite a few toons on horde EU, and I've seen tons of tanks just do really big pulls. Doesn't matter if they are boosting or not. 90% of the time this goes well, sometimes we have a wipe usually cause either healer is semi afk, or dps is so bad, they have no idea what buttons to press if there are 15 mobs in the pack.

I praise these tanks, and I do this myself when I have the option of picking tank. Leveling tanks can do this if he just uses his cooldowns, and has a healer with him. The random stuff mobs do to dps is pitiful in these random dungeons.

Not sure why this is seen as toxic. SL has been out for a year, most people know the dungeons

edit: If you can't handle this, then you're the one that should find a guild that can hold your hand

Hey guys and gals,

I've been experiencing quite the weird tank behaviour in recent weeks, it's absolutely irritating.

I'm only running random dungeons and LFR but I asked around in my guild and they have observed the same.

Tanks in LFR running away from group, pulling everything.. then ofc wiping everyone, or dying by themselves
    Tanks in dungeons always running way ahead of the group, also pulling everything. Not the usual go go guy, but really, it's like they are on the
    run or something, from the group, from themselves, idk. I mean there's a middle ground between a snooze fest and this madness, or isn't there?

Anyone have observed the same? What is going on? It hasn't always been this bad.

Thoughts, recommendations? Did I miss something?
    With the path blizzard is taking this is only going to get worse and worse and worse and worse. terrible players are moving up the ladder while the good players are leaving, the result is going to be all the best players......are going to be terrible.

Glad i left when i did. this post doesnt surprise me one single bit, its going to get worse. FARRRR worse.

It's also not "not challenging content" when the tank at the start of LFR first wing SOD repeatedly pulls all the trash and wipes the entire group.Then he rezzes, does the same shit again, then leaves the group. Wut?
    I know what you mean. Theres a difference between a tank who pulls fast in the hope that the group can get the instance finished quickly, and a tank who pulls everything - including stuff not needed - and then just dies. The second is a troll.

The problem is, Blizzard turned the game into nothing but speed runs.

Is it possible they are bots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    The problem is, Blizzard turned the game into nothing but speed runs.
    Its kind of always been that, since time is such a huge part of MMOs.

I mean vanilla had strat 45/baron runs....