Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    If DC's stories wanted to copy Marvel's success, I would have dropped the 'grimdark' bullshit years ago and leaned into the absurd---like the first Avengers movie did---and done reboot character plots from step zero rather than tacking on weird deep cut things like Parallax in the Green Lantern movie. They could have also made OA look like fucking OA, but whatever.

It also doesn't help that there aren't an iconic set of actors who play the same role for multiple movies. Batman is like Iron Man, you need one guy to hold the whole Justice League thing together. You can't just keep trading out the actor every other movie and then doing a story reboot.
    I feel like having the rotting corpse of Adam West playing the main character in a movie would make for shite ticket sales. Maybe thats just me though.

E: And that's while ignoring the multiple actors who played Batman in films prior to West.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Do I like that they are each trying to do their own movie universe? Yes.

Does DC look at what Marvel did and think "Lets do that, establish the big 3 as well with 2-3 side characters in their movies, and go from there?" Started with Man of Steel and then went off the rails from there.

DC saw Avengers and thought "Lets do that with the second movie instead!" No lead ins, didn't established the new Bats, threw in WW, Doomsday, and Lex. Only thing they did right was show just glimpses of the others

I think their fanbase wishes they had copied Marvel instead of rushing in with shit directors.
    Aside from the first suicide squad movie (which was also nominated, just not for "good" awards), none of the DCEU films have had "shit directors". They have all had directors with numerous awards and/or nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just be glad you're getting Keaton back in Flashpoint.
    Sadly, i don't care much for the DC universe. I just had a thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Why replace Batmans so often, then? And Jokers, apparently.
    Because Ben Affleck was fed up with the role. And Jared Leto was a failure.

They didn't have the luck of landing the roles on first try. Also, Joker is a story separated from the main universe.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-01 at 08:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I feel like having the rotting corpse of Adam West playing the main character in a movie would make for shite ticket sales. Maybe thats just me though.

E: And that's while ignoring the multiple actors who played Batman in films prior to West.
    Ok, sure, if you want to go back to the 1960's. That's a stretch.

Modern Batman has been played by way more actors than even Spider-man, and every movie seems to be a reenvisioning of the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Juicy rumor that WB will use the Flash movie to retcon OUT most of the Snyderverse. Dunno if this qualifies as "copying MArvel", or something else.

How crazy was 2008? Asking friends back then; Which director would have a larger impact on movies or pop culture? Chris Nolan with The Dark Knight or John Favreau with Ironman.

WB asking an auteur like Nolan to build a pop culture universe was a mistake. His movies are just too specific. Asking Snyder if could create a Nolanesque cinematic universe, bigger mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by PfeffermintShake View Post
    WB asking an auteur like Nolan to build a pop culture universe was a mistake. His movies are just too specific. Asking Snyder if could create a Nolanesque cinematic universe, bigger mistake.
    To be fair, WB didn't ask Nolan to make a pop-culture universe. They asked him to make a Batman trilogy. WB didn't get on board with the cinematic universe idea until after the Avengers. Even Man of Steel wasn't initially intended to be the start of a cinematic universe... but they wanted to rush to get to Justice League.

Even Favreau wasn't tasked with building a universe. He was tasked with making a superhero movie with a b-list superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Because Ben Affleck was fed up with the role. And Jared Leto was a failure.

They didn't have the luck of landing the roles on first try. Also, Joker is a story separated from the main universe.
    It seemed so with the different Spidermen.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Has there ever been such a story in the comics?
    Where batmans from several universes appear at once?

The spider-man comics has story lines with the thing called ”Spiderverse” where spider men from many universes come together.

Also all the villains in the movie could be s reference to sinister six
    Yeah, there have. Lots of alternate Batmans out there, and there have been special events where they work together.