Is there a discord web hook/bot for mmo champ news?

The site that must not be named here keeps sending a lot of spam lately (promoting their youtubers and other unimportant stuff), so I wonder if there's a way and if not: I'd suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The site that must not be named here keeps sending a lot of spam lately (promoting their youtubers and other unimportant stuff), so I wonder if there's a way and if not: I'd suggest it.
    Just use the WoWhead one, the news will be the same anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Just use the WoWhead one, the news will be the same anyway.
    As I said: it gets to my nerves lately, about 2/3rds of it is a promotion of their youtubers or unimportant articles like "here's what we think about a feature from 10 years ago that could come back in our opinion".

Or at least there should be an alternative.

There is not, but you can various Discord bots that process RSS feeds to consume https://www.mmo-champion.com/externa...s=120&count=10

Then I believe a feature could improve massively your front page. Have a condensed version of the news that is visible to a human without having to scroll much.

Right now it's impossible to see what news you posted in the past couple of weeks in a sequential manner without scrolling way too much.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then I believe a feature could improve massively your front page. Have a condensed version of the news that is visible to a human without having to scroll much.

Right now it's impossible to see what news you posted in the past couple of weeks in a sequential manner without scrolling way too much.
    Sorry but it takes about 5 seconds to scroll down and see it all. I mean, sometimes we go a bit nuts with "convenience".

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sorry but it takes about 5 seconds to scroll
    No it doesn't. Their posts are often gigantic and you might have TO CLICK FOR THE NEXT PAGE before even the 3rd or 4th post is shown.

And you can accuse people of being "nuts" all you want; others who condense their news don't listen to you; they are more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is the ability to generate RSS feeds for any section, including latest news..

https://www.mmo-champion.com/externa...s=120&count=10
    It was mentioned above.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't. Their posts are often gigantic and you might have TO CLICK FOR THE NEXT PAGE before even the 3rd or 4th post is shown.

And you can accuse people of being "nuts" all you want; others who condense their news don't listen to you; they are more popular.
    I mean, fair point. Others condense it and it can be nice for quick overviews. But I still don´t see the problem with this more traditional approach. I just went over their front news and it´s.. just fine.
    You can always check their Twitter I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    just fine
    It's excessively big (especially when they spam with a new patch' notes 3-4 pages of a regular browser). Just titles isn't great either. Those discord feeds that have a title and then a small image and then partial text: appear to be a good middle ground.